Now the world finds out just how good Alvin Kamara really is...

This is the type of reply that makes you look silly. In the exact post you quoted I said this:
You seem to almost perpetually try to push what you think can/might/will happen as being qualitatively relevant with what actually has happened.

And what did you just do? Accuse me of counting chickens while you opine about having two games left. I state demonstrable fact, you play "yeah but what if". I HOPE Alvin blows up. (as do a number of friends I know with him on their fantasy team) What people keep trying to pound into your skull is something isn't true until it's happened.

The rest isn't even germane to the topic. We are and have been talking about carrying the load at the RB position rushing the football.* I'm 100% certain you are aware of this and just as certain it's something you are attempting to deflect.

*I think Alvin is one of the most dangerous receivers out of the backfield in the league.
Agree with ALL of this. Alvin Kamara is a dangerous player with the ball in his hands but he needs space to make things happen still. Yes, D4H, he isn't some smallish back but running between the tackles hasn't proven to be his strong suit and getting 15+ carries per game doesn't fit his style.

Also, in your "must fit my narrative" ways, you try to point out durability as a reason not to put a guy too high on a list like Watson or your made up narrative of Matt Stafford's injury history but you have left out that Alvin has had serious injuries at Bama, UT and now a concussion last year (which is different than the others, I get that, but the point is the same). Your spin???

And the fact that you touted AK winning Off-ROTY as a sign that you are better than the GMs out there means you still don't get it. The GMs are looking to build a team that has no holes and they aren't worried about if a guy wins awards or if they peg about 8 right out of an entire draft of prospects.

Jags vs Titans

Bucs vs Steelers

Should be easy win for Jags not so much for Bucs even with the the Steelers horrible start they still for got Ben A Brown and Schuster going against young and inexperienced corners

I wouldn't count out the Titans. It's a divisional rivalry and they did sweep the Jags last year.

* Great receiving game again.

Another mediocre running game at 4.1 ypc. Mediocre if we're going by the standards that D4H has set and used against Fournette

Did you even watch the game?

This was all Sean Payton's fault. He's back to his old ways of falling in love with the passing game. He only ran Alvin on obvious run downs like 2nd and short or 3rd and short. Early in the game Alvin busted a couple of 10+ yard runs on 1st down. Then for some reason Payton stopped running the ball. Obviously if you only run Alvin on obvious run downs, his average will be lower.

Watch the game rather than just the box score. Its Sean Payton's fault as to why Alvin's yards per rush average has fallen this year.

Did you even watch the game?

This was all Sean Payton's fault. He's back to his old ways of falling in love with the passing game. He only ran Alvin on obvious run downs like 2nd and short or 3rd and short. Early in the game Alvin busted a couple of 10+ yard runs on 1st down. Then for some reason Payton stopped running the ball. Obviously if you only run Alvin on obvious run downs, his average will be lower.

Watch the game rather than just the box score. Its Sean Payton's fault as to why Alvin's yards per rush average has fallen this year.

Oh bullshizzzayt. 1st, welcome to being a "bell cow" like everyone has been trying to tell you. You know, being the guy to stay in and have to try and get those kind of yards. 2nd, and yes I'm putting this onus on you, how many of his 16 carries actually met your 2nd/3rd and short?(short being less than 3)

Oh bullshizzzayt. 1st, welcome to being a "bell cow" like everyone has been trying to tell you. You know, being the guy to stay in and have to try and get those kind of yards. 2nd, and yes I'm putting this onus on you, how many of his 16 carries actually met your 2nd/3rd and short?(short being less than 3)
There was at least 3 in the 4th quarter and OT alone.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
There was at least 3 in the 4th quarter and OT alone.

Don't help him...I already know the answer. I just want to see what kind of gymnastics he'll use to qualify his answer. I'll add this though; 50% of his carries were outright 1st downs.

* Great receiving game again.

Another mediocre running game at 4.1 ypc. Mediocre if we're going by the standards that D4H has set and used against Fournette

You were saying?

How bout yall update me on Alvin's rushing stats now?

Alvin Kamara is CLEARLY the best RB in the NFL. Learn to accept this fact.

Reactions: McDad
Wife is a Saints fan. AK put on a clinic today. His last run over people, around people and outrunning people from 50 yards out was awesome.

I think he's gonna have a 1000/1000 season this year rushing and receiving. Would only be the 3rd player in NFL history to accomplish that feat joining Marshall Faulk and Roger Craig.

He's such an unbelievable player.

Reactions: McDad
I think he's gonna have a 1000/1000 season this year rushing and receiving. Would only be the 3rd player in NFL history to accomplish that feat joining Marshall Faulk and Roger Craig.

He's such an unbelievable player.
That would be an incredible accomplishment. He's in the right system for that feat.

You were saying?

How bout yall update me on Alvin's rushing stats now?

Alvin Kamara is CLEARLY the best RB in the NFL. Learn to accept this fact.

Well, since you asked, these are Alvin's last nine games.

yds/ypc
44/3.67
32/2.67
44/4.89
23/2.30
43/3.91
29/3.63
46/3.54
66/4.13
134/7.1

Now the takeaway here technically isn't anything involving Alvin specifically. It's the 100% (absolute certainty) chance if you looked at those stats and it was someone you'd dissed you would call that last game a fluke. You are literally using it to say not only best RB in the league but CLEARLY best RB in the league.

The larger issue here isn't Alvin. (who had a great game) Before even coming to the forum I knew what you'd have done...meaning something you always do and generally accuse others of doing; land like an anvil on the first hint of anything that might help your stance and take it to the nth degree.

I do want to make an observation about Alvin though. He is really, REALLY good at kicking out of tackles when he's already in stride. It negates a lot of him not having the greatest speed when you catch him and can't do anything about it.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Well, since you asked, these are Alvin's last nine games.

yds/ypc
44/3.67
32/2.67
44/4.89
23/2.30
43/3.91
29/3.63
46/3.54
66/4.13
134/7.1

Now the takeaway here technically isn't anything involving Alvin specifically. It's the 100% (absolute certainty) chance if you looked at those stats and it was someone you'd dissed you would call that last game a fluke. You are literally using it to say not only best RB in the league but CLEARLY best RB in the league.

The larger issue here isn't Alvin. (who had a great game) Before even coming to the forum I knew what you'd have done...meaning something you always do and generally accuse others of doing; land like an anvil on the first hint of anything that might help your stance and take it to the nth degree.

I do want to make an observation about Alvin though. He is really, REALLY good at kicking out of tackles when he's already in stride. It negates a lot of him not having the greatest speed when you catch him and can't do anything about it.

I meant what are Alvin's rushing stats so far THIS SEASON. Go back and read what this thread is about. I never said anything about his last 9 games. I said that we would see how great Alvin Kamara really is over these first 4 games. You are the one that starting brining up Alvin's YPC for this season.

So please good sir. Why don't you tell me what Alvin's Yards Per Carry is for THIS SEASON?

I meant what are Alvin's rushing stats so far THIS SEASON. Go back and read what this thread is about. I never said anything about his last 9 games. I said that we would see how great Alvin Kamara really is over these first 4 games. You are the one that starting brining up Alvin's YPC for this season.

So please good sir. Why don't you tell me what Alvin's Yards Per Carry is for THIS SEASON?

Just take the last 4 games on that list:

3 games at 47ypg/3.8ypc and one game of 134 yards at 7.1ypc. Now go back and read what I typed and the only thing that's changed is a reduced sample size. Literally every word still applies.

In fact I've come up with a small exercise. I LIKE Alvin. I've got zero issues with happily saying "Alvin had a great day rushing the ball.". Now all you have to do is the following:

I want you to say that so far this season Jared Goff (72.4% comp/351.5ypg/127.3 rating) has been nothing short of spectacular. Just say it.

Reactions: Plecoptera

Well, it looks like 275 yards in 4 games. Which would equal 1100 yards in 16 games. I have no idea how many yards per carry, tho. That of course, doesn't include catches and receiving yards. Not sure AK ends up a 1000/1000 guy, but I can see 2000 total yards. Either way, all-pro level RB and my favorite player. Plus, for the 2nd straight year the "Man" on my fantasy team.

Just take the last 4 games on that list:

3 games at 47ypg/3.8ypc and one game of 134 yards at 7.1ypc. Now go back and read what I typed and the only thing that's changed is a reduced sample size. Literally every word still applies.

In fact I've come up with a small exercise. I LIKE Alvin. I've got zero issues with happily saying "Alvin had a great day rushing the ball.". Now all you have to do is the following:

I want you to say that so far this season Jared Goff (72.4% comp/351.5ypg/127.3 rating) has been nothing short of spectacular. Just say it.

Stop trying to change the topic. This thread is about ALVIN KAMARA. There's another thread dedicated to Jared Goff. I have not run away from that topic. If you wanna talk about him, post in that thread. This topic was about me saying Alvin would have a 1,000/1,000 season this year.

And thus far, it looks like Alvin is right on track. If my math is correct, Alvin is currently on pace for 1,100 rushing yards, 1,300 receiving yards, and 24 total TDs. Those would definitely be MVP caliber numbers. Which is what I predicted in this thread.

Stop trying to change the topic. This thread is about ALVIN KAMARA. There's another thread dedicated to Jared Goff.

LOL! Boy that was predictable. Let's try again.

I absolutely, positively, unambiguously and even happily acknowledge Alvin had a great game rushing the ball today. See, no problem. A simple observation that I am intellectually capable of acknowledging.

So, right here, right now, (and in the same context which makes it germane to the topic) are you intellectually capable of acknowledging that Goff to this point in the season has been nothing short of elite.

Well, it looks like 275 yards in 4 games. Which would equal 1100 yards in 16 games. I have no idea how many yards per carry, tho. That of course, doesn't include catches and receiving yards. Not sure AK ends up a 1000/1000 guy, but I can see 2000 total yards. Either way, all-pro level RB and my favorite player. Plus, for the 2nd straight year the "Man" on my fantasy team.

Extrapolating is dubious business. For instance what's your thumbs up/thumbs down on something like 5 QB's going over 5K yards? Do you anticipate Mahomes to throw 69tds? That's what the math says if we're playing that game.

And maybe you came late to the game but no sane person doubts AK's prowess as a receiver. In fact he last year, and so far again this year, is getting more yards from the air than on the ground. What has been wondered is how consistent (the most commonly used term has been "bell cow") Alvin can be in not just producing a big play every now and then that looks good on the stat sheet's balance but game in/game out production. Even with this last outlier game (and please don't call it anything else, it's been 3 games at 47ypg and one for 134) we're at under 70ypg. And this is all before Ingram comes back for the rest of the season. What will happen? IDK. I don't pretend to know. D4H gets a (richly deserved) hard time because he doesn't just "pretend" to know he insists he knows all kinds of stuff he doesn't.

Extrapolating is dubious business. For instance what's your thumbs up/thumbs down on something like 5 QB's going over 5K yards? Do you anticipate Mahomes to throw 69tds? That's what the math says if we're playing that game.

And maybe you came late to the game but no sane person doubts AK's prowess as a receiver. In fact he last year, and so far again this year, is getting more yards from the air than on the ground. What has been wondered is how consistent (the most commonly used term has been "bell cow") Alvin can be in not just producing a big play every now and then that looks good on the stat sheet's balance but game in/game out production. Even with this last outlier game (and please don't call it anything else, it's been 3 games at 47ypg and one for 134) we're at under 70ypg. And this is all before Ingram comes back for the rest of the season. What will happen? IDK. I don't pretend to know. D4H gets a (richly deserved) hard time because he doesn't just "pretend" to know he insists he knows all kinds of stuff he doesn't.
Nah, all I said was 275 yards rushing every 4 games would equal 1100 for 16 games. I don't expect that, especially with Ingram coming back next week. If AK gets 2000 yards from scrimmage, I wouldn't be shocked. I also don't expect Mahomes to throw 50 TDs, let alone 69. I smell what your are cooking. My main point is, whether AK rushes for a 1000 yards or not, he is still an all-pro level football player. But, I have no doubt, if AK was the main RB all year without sharing carries and receptions with Ingram, he would average over 4 ypc and get a 1000 yards, easily. But, the Saints don't need that from AK and apparently, know how to get the best out of him and everybody else with Drew Brews running sh!t

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman

VN Store

Back