Don’t do this to yourselves

Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.
Just have a little faith and get drunk as F

Reactions: ETV
Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.

They lost to Kentucky. The defense rests.

You should change your screen name. You sound nothing like Jack Burton.

Jack-burton.png

Way to go out on a limb and predict a loss OP. I’m sorry you live in such a gloomy reality. Especially in a world where many analysts have picked us to win. Thanks for the heads up. I’m just going to toss my tickets and stay home to watch my DVRed America’s Got Talent Finale Saturday night.

Come on bro! Have some blind faith

Peyton wearing Spurrier visor means we will kick A$$

Attachments

• D91A23C6-789B-427B-B6F0-DE7BFC95AFF5.jpeg
    D91A23C6-789B-427B-B6F0-DE7BFC95AFF5.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 0
Can we beat Fla? Yes
Should we beat Fla? Of course
Will we beat Fla? Who knows but beating them only 1 or 2 times a decade doesnt give me much hope.
This is the only week I'm negative but for me it is what it is. I'm not telling anyone how to think or how to watch the game. Go ahead and call me what you want,,,,,,,,

Anyone that doesn’t think we have a chance hasn’t watched the gators first three games. Sorry someone hurt your feelings enough to scare you off of starting threads. Mods have opinions too. I don’t see what’s wrong with them adding them to the conversation.
LOL no one has scared me off from anything. I just don't feel like arguing with a bunch of Internet tough guys that think they know everything.

LOL no one has scared me off from anything. I just don't feel like arguing with a bunch of Internet tough guys that think they know everything.
So you employ said technique with your “anyone who thinks we beat Florida hasn’t watched football” declaration? Good play. 😏

Reactions: Behr and VFL-82-JP
Can we beat Fla? Yes
Will we beat Fla? Who knows but beating them only 1 or 2 times a decade doesnt give me much hope.
This is the only week I'm negative but for me it is what it is. I'm not telling anyone how to think or how to watch the game. Go ahead and call me what you want,,,,,,,,

Well, alright then, I'mma call you Luke.
Nothing derogatory, it's just despite it being common in movies and westerns, I've never known anyone named Luke. That seems like a shame.
What's up Luke?

Maybe it’s the language you and Jack tend to use? When you REAL sumbisches come down from your lofty perches to dispense your TRUTH to the uneducated masses, you openly discount and disregard EVERYONE ELSE’S lifetime of “watching football”. In this particular instance, it’s not you two’s open belief that we lose to Florida that gets you flak...plenty of that from those obviously less traumatized who still manage to support the team. It’s your incredulous reaction to beating FLORIDA. Not UGA...not Bama...not even Auburn...FLORIDA! What have they done that even qualifies them as this “decent team” bogeyman that we supposedly can’t compete with? Over MY lifetime of watching football, I’ve seen a multitude of teams that start shaky but no one wants to play them by the end of the season...myth of getting better as the season wears along. Not guaranteeing or even predicting that for our Vols just not ruling it out. In summation, you and your preening butt buddy get over yourselves and let us WATCH it for ourselves without your stink air permeating any encouraging development we pretend to glimpse.
Why is it so hard for some of you to understand? The only ones I'm looking down on is the ones talking garbage because they don't like the opinion some have. I don't think we have a very good team, I don't think we win. I also will fire up my grill cook some steaks and watch every minute of the game. I never once said they wouldn't get better or be better by the end of the season. The only one marching around with their nose up in the air thinking they are better and smarter than everyone is you! Have a nice day and GBO!

Let's assume you are right. Do you actually believe that will ever change?
I know this wasn't for me, but I'll field it because I think it's important. It will happen, but rather than fan revolt it will occur through attrition as there won't be enough fans in successive generations who are willing to pay the current donation rates (adjusted for inflation, if we ever have any again) to replace those we are losing. I'm sure it's a little different in East TN, but if you happen through any HS school zone in the Nashville suburbs you will see a lot more stickers on students' vehicles for other schools than for UTK. It wasn't that way 20-30 years ago. We've lost a generation. If we don't start kicking ass soon, we'll lose another one. CJP may be a great hfc someday. We need a great cfb coach right this second, actually, we needed one a few years ago.

Reactions: tbh
Can we beat Fla? Yes
early riser

Reactions: VolinMC
Why is it so hard for some of you to understand? The only ones I'm looking down on is the ones talking garbage because they don't like the opinion some have. I don't think we have a very good team, I don't think we win. I also will fire up my grill cook some steaks and watch every minute of the game. I never once said they wouldn't get better or be better by the end of the season. The only one marching around with their nose up in the air thinking they are better and smarter than everyone is you! Have a nice day and GBO!
And I look on as “garbage” as someone who preens around and pretends what they watch is more profound than others. Hope your weekend sucks and your steak’s rancid.

I know this wasn't for me, but I'll field it because I think it's important. It will happen, but rather than fan revolt it will occur through attrition as there won't be enough fans in successive generations who are willing to pay the current donation rates (adjusted for inflation, if we ever have any again) to replace those we are losing. I'm sure it's a little different in East TN, but if you happen through any HS school zone in the Nashville suburbs you will see a lot more stickers on students' vehicles for other schools than for UTK. It wasn't that way 20-30 years ago. We've lost a generation. If we don't start kicking ass soon, we'll lose another one. CJP may be a great hfc someday. We need a great cfb coach right this second, actually, we needed one a few years ago.

Can you or anyone else name a school that's similarly been what we've been through for as long as we've been going through it and had fans stop going to games, and the administration decided to go out and spend big bucks for a hero coach? Like you and Jack thinks gonna happen here.

That's an honest question, maybe there is one or more, I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Reactions: butchna
And I look on as “garbage” as someone who preens around and pretends what they watch is more profound than others. Hope your weekend sucks and your steak’s rancid.
I have to laugh sometimes at the people that get mad and post their emotions without comprehending what they're responding to. He responded to you as if you've guaranteed a Volunteer win and telling him hes wrong and a dumbass, after your post clearly said what you were actually saying. Lol.

VN Store

Back