2018 NBA Off-season Thread

How cold would it be for the C's to trade Hayward for Butler? They'd save like $10m, and Kyrie wants to play with Butler.

I loved having Jimmy but he's a ****ing diva

I'm a huge Butler fan, I think he's a top 20ish player, I don't think he has leadership qualities for sh*t though. Wiggins is lazy on D, and KAT seems like he gets lost easily sometimes on D. But Jimmy doesn't know how to help lead them either, and help them be better. IMO JMO FMO

I'm a huge Butler fan, I think he's a top 20ish player, I don't think he has leadership qualities for sh*t though. Wiggins is lazy on D, and KAT seems like he gets lost easily sometimes on D. But Jimmy doesn't know how to help lead them either, and help them be better. IMO JMO FMO
That’s why I’m a little conflicted. Butler has some Kobe attitude in him where if you don’t work as hard as he does he doesn’t really want anything to do with you. But he’s also fun to watch as a competitor. I always thought Wiggins was the problem more than Towns. Butler and Towns may not be friends off the court but they played well together. Wiggins has a redundant skill set to Butler but without the competitive fire

I wonder how much different everything looks if Butler doesn’t get hurt and the Wolves finish as the 3 seed. I’m sure watching the team play without him left a sour taste in his mouth

Even before Butler said he wanted to be a Clipper, I thought Tobias Harris straight up was a deal both sides would likely be happy about.

And agreed on Butler. I think he's the best traditional* 2 in the league (I guess he's playing 3 these days), but he's not a team leader type of player.

*excluding combo guards like Harden

Even before Butler said he wanted to be a Clipper, I thought Tobias Harris straight up was a deal both sides would likely be happy about.

And agreed on Butler. I think he's the best traditional* 2 in the league (I guess he's playing 3 these days), but he's not a team leader type of player.

*excluding combo guards like Harden
Tobias would be a nice fit too but I believe he becomes a FA this summer so you’d want him to commit to signing an extension

That’s why I’m a little conflicted. Butler has some Kobe attitude in him where if you don’t work as hard as he does he doesn’t really want anything to do with you. But he’s also fun to watch as a competitor. I always thought Wiggins was the problem more than Towns. Butler and Towns may not be friends off the court but they played well together. Wiggins has a redundant skill set to Butler but without the competitive fire

I agree, Butler and KAT play good together. People keep saying potential with Wiggins, but I really don't see anything besides a guy that just cares about getting shots. Has to be insanely frustrating to play with. Now if Jimmy really ****ed KATs chick, that's a whole new set of problems. Lol

I agree, Butler and KAT play good together. People keep saying potential with Wiggins, but I really don't see anything besides a guy that just cares about getting shots. Has to be insanely frustrating to play with. Now if Jimmy really ****ed KATs chick, that's a whole new set of problems. Lol
Damn I hadn’t heard that rumor. KAT was crazy about that chick but she seemed like your typical cleat chaser.

Imo the best way to get the most out of Wiggins is to somehow piss him off and get him to play with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe he can use this Jimmy and Stephen Jackson stuff to push his game. Not very likely though

Trade him to the Knicks . That sets up great to get Kyrie Next year
Irving says he's aware that he's been linked to Jimmy Butler in persistent free-agent rumors regarding a mutual desire to play together in New York, but he says he's had no such discussions with Butler. In fact, he says, the last time he talked to Butler at length was when they were both playing with USA Basketball, and the two engaged in a spit-balling session along with Durant and Cousins about what the future held for each of them.

"And that,'' Irving laughs, "was in 2016.''

"Who wouldn't be a part of this?" Irving says, gesturing to Boston's new practice facility. "Who wouldn't want to be a part of Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum and Al Horford and Gordon Hayward? People keep saying, 'Why won't he commit to Boston?'

"Well, there are financial implications involved

Damn I hadn’t heard that rumor. KAT was crazy about that chick but she seemed like your typical cleat chaser.

Imo the best way to get the most out of Wiggins is to somehow piss him off and get him to play with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe he can use this Jimmy and Stephen Jackson stuff to push his game. Not very likely though

Who knows how much truth there is to those rumors, but as a guy that has no problem sleeping another man's GF, Jimmy strikes me as the type that wouldn't care either.

I don’t like Jimmy but the Hornets really should make the move if they can get him. Even if he leaves they could theoretically get MKG or Marvin’s money off their books.

Looks the best offer Miami is doing as of now is Whiteside and Waiters. I’d tell Miami to **** off. Houston has apparently offered Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker which id take if that’s all that’s out there. Jimmy says he’ll sit out until he’s traded which is bs and only hurts his perception

Looks the best offer Miami is doing as of now is Whiteside and Waiters. I’d tell Miami to **** off. Houston has apparently offered Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker which id take if that’s all that’s out there. Jimmy says he’ll sit out until he’s traded which is bs and only hurts his perception

Gross, Minny should counter with Johnson and Johnson for Jimmy. My dislike for Whiteside is pretty well known and Dion is a inefficient chucker. Gordon and PJ wouldn't be bad, I think they would fit well. Though that means Houston gets stronger, and **** Houston. Lol

VN Store

Back