'19 TN RB Eric Gray

Don't think this will be a tough flip if UT goes all-in. Could still take Crouch as a two-way player.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion he's our if we want him. Bama and Ole Miss are coming hard after him and Michigan is holding on for dear life. If he decomitts I wouldn't be surprised to see him take his time deciding on where to land.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion he's our if we want him. Bama and Ole Miss are coming hard after him and Michigan is holding on for dear life. If he decomitts I wouldn't be surprised to see him take his time deciding on where to land.

IDT it's a given that either Bama or UT will have a spot. Both classes are almost full. And if either school does make room, it's hard to see Saban or Pruitt holding his spot while he takes his time deciding where to land.

I follow Bama recruiting pretty closely and I haven't seen indications that Bama is after Gray real hard. Maybe they're still talking with him and might host him for an OV, but they're doing that with several RB prospects. Bama already has an APB-type RB committed and will probably take only one more RB (bigger than APB size). Trey Sanders is their top RB target and they're in pretty good shape right now to land him. It looks like they're just recruiting a few others in case they miss on Sanders.

ETA: Gray is dang good prospect, imo.

Last edited:
man i could not agree more. I love him as a prospect and think he will be very very good for someone. I think Eric Gray is an upgrade at RB, but only slightly. Beasley's versatility is nice. Could play 3 positions
I don't want to trade Beasley for anybody at RB or S either one..he is a nasty mean physical SOB that we would hate to have to play at UF.

The Vols will also host three official visitors, including Michigan tailback commit Eric Gray. The Memphis native has maintained steady contact with Tennessee over the last several months, and has emerged as a legit tailback target. Gray is different sort of back currently on the roster, and if Tennessee pushes here (something it didn’t do when he committed to the Wolverines) then a future flip is very possible.
VQ

VN Store

Back