Kavanaugh Confirmation

The Senate is not going to call Judge or PJ Smith (evidently one of the other redacted names in the letter). Thus, the only way to get them to make a statement where truth or falsity has any consequences is to have them speak with the FBI. And she's made a specific accusation. As for detail, she's identified the location of the incident within the house, the location of the bathroom within the house, the stair steps and who was there.

has she identified the specific house?

No - the whole point of the dang hearings is to get a "feel" of who's truthful. If she comes of as the truthful one then Flake, Collins and maybe some others will bail and we're done.

Sure looks like they don't want to take that chance.

Her testifying on Monday would do NOTHING to stop a subsequent FBI deeper dig if it appeared necessary other than it not being needed because people believed her.

Did the FBI investigation come before or after Hill's testimony against Thomas? Serious question.

My point is this. Sometimes an agency can do X because it has more than one source of authority. That is, it has authority to do X pursuant to A or B or C ....

Here, it looks like the FBI could investigate the allegations if directed to by the WH as part of the FBI's practice of performing background investigations for WH appointments. So, while it's true that Hill and Thomas were federal employees, I'm not sure that was why the FBI did the investigation. This article says the FBI can do the investigation as long as the WH asks for it.

Can the FBI investigate the allegation against Brett Kavanaugh?

It would be inappropriate for the White House to request that the FBI look into this as a part of a background check into a judicial nominee. He's not accused of corruption, bribery, falsifying information, treason, or anything else that a background check is designed to uncover. It's not the FBI's role to investigate an accusation of a local crime unless the crime is somehow indicative of a larger security issue.

It would be inappropriate for the White House to request that the FBI look into this as a part of a background check into a judicial nominee. He's not accused of corruption, bribery, falsifying information, treason, or anything else that a background check is designed to uncover. It's not the FBI's role to investigate an accusation of a local crime.

You mean like investigating Clinton's affair with Lewinsky, which wasn't even criminal in nature?

I think he's in Bork territory currently in terms of popularity. And boy, let me tell, you still hear the masses going on and on about how we should have had Bork. Oh wait, that's just the Federalist Society.

Thant's only in your head my friend. The "masses" either DGAF or are tired of all the political ******** from both sides.

The Senate is not going to call Judge or PJ Smith (evidently one of the other redacted names in the letter). Thus, the only way to get them to make a statement where truth or falsity has any consequences is to have them speak with the FBI. And she's made a specific accusation. As for detail, she's identified the location of the incident within the house, the location of the bathroom within the house, the stair steps and who was there.

You get more desperate with every post. It is a joy to watch.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

People who are guilty don't typically ask to be put under oath anytime, anywhere to refute claims against them.

Besides, Ford has not asked the FBI to investigate her. She's asked them to investigate K. Her lawyer and advocates have repeatedly suggested that she isn't the one who should be investigated.

Most people don't shop for a particular agency to investigate anything. They just tell somebody.

Has she through her lawyers said anything about her willingness to talk to the FBI? I'm sure they'd listen if she'd like to talk to them. Nothing is stopping her from and our guidepost Anita Hill had no problem talking to the FBI prior to any investigation taking place.

As a person with the hissy fit, it wasn't about Hilary losing, (we didn't have much to chose between) it was the POS that Republicans chose out of 15 people. But that is old news. Most would have moved on if he would act like half a human.
So it's the Republican's fault that Democrats out a bigger piece of scat in the race? Trump is that awful, and the Democrats couldn't find one candidate better than him?

Personally, I believe most of America wanted Trump because of how bat guano, extremist left the left has gone. He is a reaction against the Nazi left. Buck up and carry that weight.

People who are guilty don't typically ask to be put under oath anytime, anywhere to refute claims against them.

Besides, Ford has not asked the FBI to investigate her. She's asked them to investigate K. Her lawyer and advocates have repeatedly suggested that she isn't the one who should be investigated.

But, our internet ATTORNEY would already know all of this.........right?

VN Store

Back