Diamond is on fire..

Collier is a much more versatile player than the others you listed from what I have observed.

I actually rather like Napheesa. She seems like a nice girl and plays hard. I also believe she will get the Gabby Williams treatment in the WNBA. She's not big enough to play in the post, and lacks the ball handling and dribbling ability to play the perimeter. I'd be surprised if she had a breakout rookie year. Her body screams "wing", but she lacks the skills to play that position.

Compared to other players at her position, I believe that Diamond and Victoria are hands down better players. I'd even say Gabby is. If any current UConn player should have been on the training camp roster, it should have been Katie Lou. If they needed size, the senior twin towers should have been there over Morgan. She's had a very unremarkable pro career.

Morgan Tuck made the World Cup team... I know she has been involved in the USA Basketball realm since U16 but good lord! Really? I know she can stretch the defense but I really think Elizabeth Williams showed how she could help a team by not being the focal point when Angel McCoughtry went down and she was the defensive anchor, a rebounding machine, AND helped on offense. Speaking of I think her injury (angels) helped open up a spot.

Morgan Tuck made the World Cup team... I know she has been involved in the USA Basketball realm since U16 but good lord! Really? I know she can stretch the defense but I really think Elizabeth Williams showed how she could help a team by not being the focal point when Angel McCoughtry went down and she was the defensive anchor, a rebounding machine, AND helped on offense. Speaking of I think her injury (angels) helped open up a spot.

I started watching women basketball when Coach chancellor former Houston comet was coaching National team. That time they were still dominating with no uconn players. I also remembered seeing TN player on the team, but the problem now is National team make it seems like they can not win without Geno players.

Not sure what this means..I can read emotions, but not emoticons..

It means as someone who actually knows about basketball claiming that kids get any coaching in AAU is comical.

AAU is for kids to work on things that their HS or potential college coaches want. Playing their college position when they may play out of position on their HS team. Working on outside shooting and ball handling etc.

They aren't getting developed by AAU "coaches." The parents and real coaches are the ones who actually coach and develop the kids.

They aren't learning anything from an assistant AAU coach. As someone who actually knows about basketball the whole "coach" thing and acting like you develop kids is just sad.

I really am not trying to attack you. Just as someone who has been involved with organized basketball for over 30 years as a player or coach I have respect for those who have dedicated their lives to coaching. I feel what you do on here disrespects real coaches who have put in the work by acting like what you do is the same as a high school or college coach. I had coaches I really admired and "coach" is a title you earn. You can't just claim it because you are a middle school girls AAU assistant coach.

It means as someone who actually knows about basketball claiming that kids get any coaching in AAU is comical.

AAU is for kids to work on things that their HS or potential college coaches want. Playing their college position when they may play out of position on their HS team. Working on outside shooting and ball handling etc.

They aren't getting developed by AAU "coaches." The parents and real coaches are the ones who actually coach and develop the kids.

They aren't learning anything from an assistant AAU coach. As someone who actually knows about basketball the whole "coach" thing and acting like you develop kids is just sad.

I really am not trying to attack you. Just as someone who has been involved with organized basketball for over 30 years as a player or coach I have respect for those who have dedicated their lives to coaching. I feel what you do on here disrespects real coaches who have put in the work by acting like what you do is the same as a high school or college coach. I had coaches I really admired and "coach" is a title you earn. You can't just claim it because you are a middle school girls AAU assistant coach.

Allow me to respond for you know who, Ouch.

Allow me to respond as well.

AAU, just like high school and college is full of good AND BAD coaches. You can't group them into one category.
However. this is your opinion and probably you have one or two who would agree with you. Your opinion of AAU coaches is warranted for some, not for others. And certainly not for me.

I develop my players in AAU, then I develop those kids into a team. Other AAU coaches fail at this. As do most HS coaches. I deserve and earn my title as coach. Kids who start with me go to play in higher levels of the game, so I know what I do is beneficial and good for my kids.

I don't know where you get the "assistant coach" thing, but if it is aimed at me, I have not assisted since the early 2000's.

I had some degree of respect for you as k-town as a colleague.
Not any more.

Attacking AAU, an organization that is responsible for more collegiate exposure events and athletes getting into the top programs in general is petty. Attacking me is equally pathetic.

Find a hole a crawl into it!

Diamond was an average college player (by her standards) and not a good leader or teammate.

We thought Diamond would go down as one of the Lady Vols greats, name in the rafters. Average.

But she will be (is) an awesome pro! LV4L

Last edited:

Damn! Nice post! Very true regarding AAU!

I actually rather like Napheesa. She seems like a nice girl and plays hard. I also believe she will get the Gabby Williams treatment in the WNBA. She's not big enough to play in the post, and lacks the ball handling and dribbling ability to play the perimeter. I'd be surprised if she had a breakout rookie year. Her body screams "wing", but she lacks the skills to play that position.

Compared to other players at her position, I believe that Diamond and Victoria are hands down better players. I'd even say Gabby is. If any current UConn player should have been on the training camp roster, it should have been Katie Lou. If they needed size, the senior twin towers should have been there over Morgan. She's had a very unremarkable pro career.

I have no idea why Morgan Tuck is on the roster, except for the fact that it appears many players need to rest during this off season.
I disagree with the Collier assessment though. Regardless of her size, Collier is a finisher in the inside, often times scoring over much larger defenders. She can't defend someone like Griner or Cambage, though, so there you're correct. Regardless, I think she could develop to someone similar to Seimone Augustus or even Aja Wilson, given time and coaching.

VN Store

Back