Josiah James to announce Wednesday

The Clemson Vanderbilt comparison is unfair. Clemson is every bit as "the state school" as south carolina. Far more so than Vanderbilt is here.

My girlfriend used to be a recruiter (for regular students, not athletics) for the university of South Carolina and she would travel all over the south talking at high schools, giving out info, and what not. We lived in Charleston during med school, so I casually mentioned that we were recruiting someone from porter-gaud and that he was between us and Clemson. She literally laughed and said good luck. According to her, the school is as pro Clemson as it gets. In fact, her department quit sending reps to talk to students because of that.

HS connect to Clemson is very strong. If he does not come to UT, this will be the reason. You can blame CRB, but it would be a major upset to pull James from Clemson and it has nothing to do with the state of the programs.

Reactions: pimo1
He said It. Not too long after the season ended.

Don't you agree with it?

Not saying you are wrong, but I definitely don’t recall that quote from Barnes.

No I don’t...he reached that level of success with a team full of sophomore and juniors, they appear poised for the same success this season, if not more. So no, I don’t think they need to recruit better to continue making the dance and being a Top 25 team, and I think last year and this upcoming year prove that.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I am sure you are right but it seems that maybe Alan Houston would be up there as well.
Houston would have an asterisk seeing that his dad was the head coach. There was likely very little recruiting goin on there. "Son wanna play for me?" Followed by "Great you can come home for Xmas then"

Will be interesting to see the quotes if the choice is indeed Clemson...Tennessee was his first offer, reportedly had the closest relationship with he and family, has the better player developer, seemingly program is in better standing...only plausible thing I can see is location and home state school.

Oh, I can think of something else that’s plausible, especially at Clemson. But who knows.

Dang I have been here so long and don't recall his post history.

Do tell?
Only posted 6 times since Feb. All of them Josiah-related. I'm guessing he knows the family and probably something about tomorrow. Seems like good news for us, but I will remain cautiously optimisitc.

Reactions: Stoked
Thanks guys.

Complete trust in this staff makes following tomorrow less stressful. Hope we get him but ain't losing sleep

Trolling? Everything I see says Clemson bound :(

Likely trolling. I’m a cynic when it comes to these internet “insiders” who post contrarian opinions when all signs point to the opposite outcome.

I still can’t believe we’re losing a basketball recruit to freakin’ Clemson.*

*im more than happy to eat crow if I’m wrong

Reactions: vols 30
Likely trolling. I’m a cynic when it comes to these internet “insiders” who post contrarian opinions when all signs point to the opposite outcome.

I still can’t believe we’re losing a basketball recruit to freakin’ Clemson.*

*im more than happy to eat crow if I’m wrong
Have a preferred dipping sauce?

VN Store

Back