Now the world finds out just how good Alvin Kamara really is...

Well, considering your poor track record with talent evaluation it might behoove you to spend more time on that endeavor.

Alvin's issues aren't only a sample size of 2 games for this season. In his last 8 games he's at 3.33ypc. Actually if you divide his career carries in half'ish you land at the Rams game. (77/85) In those 1st 77 carries Alvin gained 546yds at a 7.09ypc clip. In his 85 carries since he's gained 323yds at 3.8ypc. Don't know what the future holds but this isn't some small sample size issue at this point.
Damn

Well, considering your poor track record with talent evaluation it might behoove you to spend more time on that endeavor.

Alvin's issues aren't only a sample size of 2 games for this season. In his last 8 games he's at 3.33ypc. Actually if you divide his career carries in half'ish you land at the Rams game. (77/85) In those 1st 77 carries Alvin gained 546yds at a 7.09ypc clip. In his 85 carries since he's gained 323yds at 3.8ypc. Don't know what the future holds but this isn't some small sample size issue at this point.

Lets see how he tries to spin this one.

No spin. That was a good point. Now we find out if its just an interesting quirk or a trend. I say quirk because my eyes tell me Alvin is still great. I expect those numbers to rebound.

Lets just say in theory now those numbers don't rebound and his average ypc stays close to those numbers. What will your opinion of Alvin be then?

Lets just say in theory now those numbers don't rebound and his average ypc stays close to those numbers. What will your opinion of Alvin be then?

Depends. Does Mark Ingram keep producing at his usual clip? Cause if he's also struggling them its obviously the o-line that is the problem. If not then Alvin would be the problem and he would need to step his game up.

With that said, I trust my eyes and nothing I've seen from Alvin over the first 2 games says he's anything less of what he was last year. The guy has superstar swag dripping all over him. He'll be fine. Just note, that I did predict the Saints struggles before the season. So them not being a playoff team will not surprise me.

No spin. That was a good point. Now we find out if its just an interesting quirk or a trend. I say quirk because my eyes tell me Alvin is still great. I expect those numbers to rebound.
Alvin is great, but he is not a true back so comparing him to the Gurley's, the Bell's, the Fournette's and the Hunt's of the NFL isn't even fair to AK as a player. He is not that type of a player. He is that guy that can break off a nice run every now and then but not a bell cow type of runner. He is the guy that gets you 10-15 carries TOPS while lining up in the slot on on another 10 plays or just dropping into the flat on another 10 or so. He is an offensive swiss army knife. You just can't compare him to every down NFL running backs because that's not his role.

Depends. Does Mark Ingram keep producing at his usual clip? Cause if he's also struggling them its obviously the o-line that is the problem. If not then Alvin would be the problem and he would need to step his game up.

With that said, I trust my eyes and nothing I've seen from Alvin over the first 2 games says he's anything less of what he was last year. The guy has superstar swag dripping all over him. He'll be fine. Just note, that I did predict the Saints struggles before the season. So them not being a playoff team will not surprise me.
with all the young talent the saints have they should be building on last year not taking a step back

how do you have the offensive and defensive rookie of the year oh yea and studs like Drew Brees Michael Thomas Cam Jordan then just falloff in possibly Brees final year or one of his final years at least

Last edited:
He has 240 yards from scrimmage through the first two games and 3TD’s, not too bad IMO

He has over twice as many yards receiving as rushing so far this year and had more receiving yards than rushing yards last year as well. I don't think anyone has EVER questioned his utility catching out of the backfield. There's been a good deal more discussion about his ability as a full time NFL rusher.

with all the young talent the saints have they should be building on last year not taking a step back

how do you have the offensive and defensive rookie of the year oh yea and studs like Drew Brees Michael Thomas Cam Jordan then just falloff in possibly Brees final year or one of his final years at least

I called it before the season.

Sometimes its not meant to be.

2018 is simply not the Saints year.

Alvin is great, but he is not a true back so comparing him to the Gurley's, the Bell's, the Fournette's and the Hunt's of the NFL isn't even fair to AK as a player. He is not that type of a player. He is that guy that can break off a nice run every now and then but not a bell cow type of runner. He is the guy that gets you 10-15 carries TOPS while lining up in the slot on on another 10 plays or just dropping into the flat on another 10 or so. He is an offensive swiss army knife. You just can't compare him to every down NFL running backs because that's not his role.

He has over twice as many yards receiving as rushing so far this year and had more receiving yards than rushing yards last year as well. I don't think anyone has EVER questioned his utility catching out of the backfield. There's been a good deal more discussion about his ability as a full time NFL rusher.

We'll just have to wait and see if you guys are right.

I personally have seen nothing to suggest Alvin can't be a bell cow 1,000 yard rushing type of RB. In fact, I predicted before the season he would have 1,000+ yards rushing and 1,000+ yards receiving.

Will you two admit you are wrong if Alvin has a 1,000/1,000 season this year?

I personally have seen nothing to suggest Alvin can't be a bell cow 1,000 yard rushing type of RB. In fact, I predicted before the season he would have 1,000+ yards rushing and 1,000+ yards receiving.

Can't speak for TD but I can say outright Alvin's not come close to actually succeeding in that role. It's your shtick to hurl predictions that tickle your pickle into the future, not mine. I'm merely stating the demonstrable. The only thing you've stated with any current validity is that we'll all have to wait and see.

Kamara has 75 total yards after 2 games , he'd have to average 70 ypg over the next 14 games to hit 1000 yard on the season. Last year he had 728 total yards, averaging 45 ypg.

His chances of hitting a 1000 yards this season are zero given that he doesn't have Ingram to run point for two more games, unlike last year.

Sure I would say it but I don't believe I'll have to. You say you have seen nothing to suggest he can't, I say you have never seen anything to suggest he could. He hasn't been a bell cow type of back since Norcross and even then, there was another back that shared the load. Dynamic player on offense but that's not his role.

Sure I would say it but I don't believe I'll have to. You say you have seen nothing to suggest he can't, I say you have never seen anything to suggest he could. He hasn't been a bell cow type of back since Norcross and even then, there was another back that shared the load. Dynamic player on offense but that's not his role.

Alvin is 5'11" 215 lbs with thick strong legs. He's not some small guy without the physical ability to be a bell cow back.

Just because he hasn't been asked to do it thus far doesn't mean he can't.

Alvin is 5'11" 215 lbs with thick strong legs. He's not some small guy without the physical ability to be a bell cow back.

Perhaps this would be a good time to bring up why you started this thread in the first place, which was Ingram being out for four games and you predicting Alvin using that opportunity to blow up as the primary carrier. The result halfway through that window is 75yds at 3.57ypc. In his last 8 games he's had more games under 3ypc (3) than over 4ypc (1).

You seem to almost perpetually try to push what you think can/might/will happen as being qualitatively relevant with what actually has happened. It's not. What Alvin may or may not do in the future is purely speculative. Things like the data I've cited above are not.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Perhaps this would be a good time to bring up why you started this thread in the first place, which was Ingram being out for four games and you predicting Alvin using that opportunity to blow up as the primary carrier. The result halfway through that window is 75yds at 3.57ypc. In his last 8 games he's had more games under 3ypc (3) than over 4ypc (1).

You seem to almost perpetually try to push what you think can/might/will happen as being qualitatively relevant with what actually has happened. It's not. What Alvin may or may not do in the future is purely speculative. Things like the data I've cited above are not.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We still have 2 games to go.

Don't forget I predicted a slow start for the entire Saints team. In fact I was the only person around here that had them missing the playoffs and the Bucs winning the NFC South.

And don't pretend like Alvin Kamara isn't 2nd among RBs in the NFL in total TDs through 2 weeks (behind Todd Gurley). He's had a slow start running the ball and yet has still put the ball in the paint better than all but the reigning offensive player of the year in the NFL.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We still have 2 games to go.

Don't forget I predicted a slow start for the entire Saints team. In fact I was the only person around here that had them missing the playoffs and the Bucs winning the NFC South.

And don't pretend like Alvin Kamara isn't 2nd among RBs in the NFL in total TDs through 2 weeks (behind Todd Gurley). He's had a slow start running the ball and yet has still put the ball in the paint better than all but the reigning offensive player of the year in the NFL.

This is the type of reply that makes you look silly. In the exact post you quoted I said this:
You seem to almost perpetually try to push what you think can/might/will happen as being qualitatively relevant with what actually has happened.

And what did you just do? Accuse me of counting chickens while you opine about having two games left. I state demonstrable fact, you play "yeah but what if". I HOPE Alvin blows up. (as do a number of friends I know with him on their fantasy team) What people keep trying to pound into your skull is something isn't true until it's happened.

The rest isn't even germane to the topic. We are and have been talking about carrying the load at the RB position rushing the football.* I'm 100% certain you are aware of this and just as certain it's something you are attempting to deflect.

*I think Alvin is one of the most dangerous receivers out of the backfield in the league.

Jags vs Titans

Bucs vs Steelers

Should be easy win for Jags not so much for Bucs even with the the Steelers horrible start they still for got Ben A Brown and Schuster going against young and inexperienced corners

Do you just not understand how odd that last statement is? It's like asking a guy who has been a relief pitcher for the past 5 years to go into a 6 inning + starter role .. only worse.

Jags vs Titans

Bucs vs Steelers

Should be easy win for Jags not so much for Bucs even with the the Steelers horrible start they still for got Ben A Brown and Schuster going against young and inexperienced corners
Will be tough for sure but I like the Bucs WRs with Fitz against the struggling Pittsburgh secondary also. If the Bucs don't get a running game going, their success will be short lived no matter who is at QB though.

VN Store

Back