What car did y'all have for your very first car?

67 Ford mustang coupe with the rare factory AC and power steering with the 289. Had a black vinyl top over pale yellow. Black interior with a center console with automatic on the floor. Had the little garage door which housed my aftermarket cassette tape deck. Man I wish I still had that car.

'69 Ford Fairlane Fastback - that car would flat out haul!

001.jpg

68 Triumph GT6, bought second-hand in Cleveland Ohio at the end of my first co-op work period. Originally had wire wheels but on the way out West on a late-summer trip after my sophomore year, had to "lock 'em up" for a cow crossing the road in Indiana which stripped the splines out of one of the front wheels. A farmer came along who had a bolt with the right threads to plug that brake line, otherwise braking would have unscrewed the spinner cap that holds the wheel in place... Crossed the Rockies to Glacier and back with one front brake! Wire wheels gave way to steel wheels after that trip, but it was still a fun car for a few years.

Last edited:
68 Triumph GT6, bought second-hand in Cleveland Ohio at the end of my first co-op work period. Originally had wire wheels but on the way out West on a late-summer trip after my sophomore year, had to "lock 'em up" for a cow crossing the road in Indiana which stripped the splines out of one of the front wheels. A farmer came along who had a bolt with the right threads to plug that brake line. Crossed the Rockies to Glacier and back with one front brake! Wire wheels gave way to steel wheels after that trip, but it was still a fun car for a few years.
Those are neat cars, no doubt. I always liked Triumph cars of the 50's-70's. I saw a t-shirt once that said "the English drink warm beer because the have Lucas refrigerators." Anyone who owned a British car with Lucas electrics will understand. My dad had a Jag XK 150.

Reactions: RavinDave
Those are neat cars, no doubt. I always liked Triumph cars of the 50's-70's. I saw a t-shirt once that said "the English drink warm beer because the have Lucas refrigerators." Anyone who owned a British car with Lucas electrics will understand. My dad had a Jag XK 150.
"Spot on" as the limeys would say. I later had a TR4 too, before I decided to "go German". Had a lot of fun with a '72 Porsche 914 for a year and a half till I moved to Texas and totaled it on the way to work one morning (was run into a concrete abutment on I-45 by an illegal in a Camaro...) and then I went in hock for a '73 911T which I drove for 20 years and was the best car I've ever owned.

1972 Ford Pinto. With a trunk instead of a hatch. Painted some odd yellow that looked like baby poo. Got my first speeding ticket in it (50 in a 35).
My third car was a 76. DON'T miss that car. Lol

Mine was this color.
1420324-1976-ford-pinto-std.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It

VN Store

Back