John Brennan

If luther would put his stop paddle down (he’s been busy, school starting back and all), you could look in his mirror.

The US didn’t get this way on Nov. 8, 2016. If you believe so, do us all a favor, including yourself, and move. I’m tired of the woe is me BS. If you can’t get over Trump being POTUS, America doesn’t need you. None of you. How many people threatened to move and renounce their citizenship when Obama was elected? That, alone, tells you all you need to know.

I know, muh racist, neo-nazi, white nationalist rubes......

You forgot white privilege , red neck and trailer park trash 😂

What are you basing this statement on? What type of person makes a generalization like that? I’m amazed that you feel confident enough to say something like that about 60 people you’ve never met.

Is this what our country has come to?

Panties = Bunch

Still no argument against them. Shocker.
Because there is no argument. Security clearences are not guaranteed in the Constitution. These links you provided are nothing mire than fodder produced by those who are upset with Trump because of what he did. This whole keeping the security clearence is nothing more than an "unspoken" thing that goes on in DC. Its more oh well no other president has done it, so Trump shouldnt either.

This is nothing more than snowflake meltdowns that have occurred ever since Trump got elected.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
What are you basing this statement on? What type of person makes a generalization like that? I’m amazed that you feel confident enough to say something like that about 60 people you’ve never met.

Is this what our country has come to?

Seriously? Honestly I am kind of shocked you are asking these questions. How many times have the CIA lied or done horrible things against American citizens? It has been doing it for decades.

So how many of the people that have been making accusations about Trump have met him? Has anyone on this board met him? Worked with him? Yes this is what this country has become and you can thank the liberal idiots for it.

Wow, this is absolutely not how security clearances work. A security clearance is a level of trust that is NOT tied to just one single job. It's not a building security card, or email access you simply lose when you leave a job. Your level of security clearance is something you earn over time through your career. The only way you lose a clearance is if you are dishonorably discharged, fired for cause, or you've abused your clearance. It is not something that is stripped away because you disagree with the president. A security clearance is a huge resume sticking point, it translates to dollar bills in the real world. It is something you absolutely carry from one job to another.

Like a commentator for MSM? My daughter holds security clearance, I know well how they work.

I’m still trying to figure out why people are getting upset about someone losing their clearance. Brennan and others have no need for it if they aren’t working for the gov anyways.
I can give you a specific example. Keeping clearance while not in service but in school to return to gov service. Reevaluated every 10 years in this case.

More pettiness by the infant in the White House. He only sees people through a lens that either support him unconditionally vs. those that are critical of him. It's that black and white - there is no nuance with orange knucklehead. He continues to divide instead of unite. The funny thing is that Brennan will still be critical of him, he doesn't need Intel Briefings to articulate this disaster of an Administration.
Can you or anyone that agrees with you give me a good reason why a former employee should still have a high level security clearance?

It doesn't change the fact that it wasn't removed for any valid reason, worse, it was removed because the president is a cry baby.
Does lying to Congress count? Delivering unverifiable dossier to Reid? He is untrustworthy by far the biggest reason it should be pulled. Believe as you will, the president has the capacity without cause to remove clearances. I know some would love to believe the premise that's it's a first amendment violation. Quoting weak precedent with allot of " feel like" " seems like" is not law. Maybe Brennan will hire a constitutional lawyer and try to get a solid precedent set. I think it would be grandstanding and fail to even be considered on merits. Just my take.

Reactions: davethevol and 37L1
Wow, this is absolutely not how security clearances work. A security clearance is a level of trust that is NOT tied to just one single job. It's not a building security card, or email access you simply lose when you leave a job. Your level of security clearance is something you earn over time through your career. The only way you lose a clearance is if you are dishonorably discharged, fired for cause, or you've abused your clearance. It is not something that is stripped away because you disagree with the president. A security clearance is a huge resume sticking point, it translates to dollar bills in the real world. It is something you absolutely carry from one job to another.

You may have just put your finger on to something...

4E5263BE00000578-5959957-image-a-74_1531765181717.jpg

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Spooks Turn on Each Other - Drudge

From the Hill:
Clapper: Brennan's rhetoric is becoming an issue

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Sunday that he thinks former CIA Director John Brennan's rhetoric is becoming an issue "in and of itself."

"John and his rhetoric have become an issue in and of itself," Clapper said on CNN's "State of the Union." "John is subtle like a freight train and he’s gonna say what’s on his mind."
“If his statement is based on intelligence he has seen since leaving office, it constitutes an intelligence breach. If he has some other personal knowledge of or evidence of collusion, it should be disclosed to the special counsel, not The New York Times,” Burr said.

Burr added that Trump has the “full authority” to rescind security clearance if the statements were “purely political and based on conjecture.”

I worked for the same company for 35 years. When I retired they closed my email account, they took back any keys I had and canceled my entry badge. I was banished like I had never existed.
Apparently when you work for Uncle Sam they su$k your dingle berry like a newly wed.

Can you or anyone that agrees with you give me a good reason why a former employee should still have a high level security clearance?

This has been discussed repeatedly by both sides of the aisle. But even if you were right and no one should have it, that in no way shape of form justifies rescinding it selectively to punish those who criticize you.

This has been discussed repeatedly by both sides of the aisle. But even if you were right and no one should have it, that in no way shape of form justifies rescinding it selectively to punish those who criticize you.
Brennan has more than criticized Trump.

This has been discussed repeatedly by both sides of the aisle.
I guess I missed the discussion. Why should someone maintain a security clearance after they leave their post?

Help me to understand what the purpose or necessity would be.

Last edited:

I'll allow you this so long as you allow the fact Brennan has been a controversial figure since Obama nominated him.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
You literally have no idea what you are talking about. Clearances expire, especially after leaving federal service. The State Department can re validate a clearance withing 1 or 2 years of leaving federal service. Clearances are all subject to mandatory reviews at given intervals. To have a clearance requires a person to be required access to classified information under the purvey of the federal government.

You dont carry your clearance from Federal service to the private sector. You carry the ability to get a clearance.

VN Store

Back