Alabama down year?

ddubb76

May need to be moved

Anyone else think that it is time for alabama to have a down year. They have had 29 drafted players for the last three years. They have had almost the same amount of assistant coaches. 9 first round picks over the last three years. Saban doing a lot more interaction with media this offseason. Injuries to lb starters. Qb controversy and just simple it is time. It may not be a vols down year, but I have a feeling the tide fans will be majorly disappointed this year. I'm calling it now 3 losses this year minimum.

May need to be moved

Anyone else think that it is time for alabama to have a down year. They have had 29 drafted players for the last three years. They have had almost the same amount of assistant coaches. 9 first round picks over the last three years. Saban doing a lot more interaction with media this offseason. Injuries to lb starters. Qb controversy and just simple it is time. It may not be a vols down year, but I have a feeling the tide fans will be majorly disappointed this year. I'm calling it now 3 losses this year minimum.

Most bamers think this is Saban’s best team. Now, they are getting hit some with injury bug so...

Reactions: Ertel and Booker512
May need to be moved

I sure hope so but they are so good at QB, WR, and RB that it could easily make up for average play elsewhere. Two loses at the worst.

Great empires only fall once they have become rotten from within. Sadly, there is no indication that Saban has allowed that to happen yet - and as long as he is there and remains focused, it is not going to. Once he leaves, however, or the cup of victory no longer drives him, the rot may begin.

Reactions: peaygolf
I would like nothing more than Alabama's to have the bottom drop out quickly. 4 or more loses and their fanbase would implode. I doubt they see 4 under Saban but to hear them talk about the game passing him by, wasted seasons, or poor player development would be great fun. I think about them melting over Clemson beating them two years ago and I still smile. I have never heard such sweeter crying than Bama fans over the legal rub.

Butch Jones took his bad luck to Alabama. Now they have somewhat of a QB controversy, guys getting injured left and right, etc.

Saban is going to Put him in the bathroom :p

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Great empires only fall once they have become rotten from within. Sadly, there is no indication that Saban has allowed that to happen yet - and as long as he is there and remains focused, it is not going to. Once he leaves, however, or the cup of victory no longer drives him, the rot may begin.
well said

He recently said he has no plans to retire and will coach as long as he can, or until he feels he can no longer be successful. His biggest fear is to hold the team back and that he feels he's a long way off from there. Age can play cruel tricks on us, but I see no signs of him slowing down, though, he has developed a little gimpy walk, his mind still seems strong

From B/R: Anonymous Coach rips Saban

Nick Saban is generally recognized as one of the best—if not the best—college football coaches in the country after winning six national championships in his career.

However, at least one of his peers thinks the Alabama head coach is overrated.

"If you had the No. 1 recruiting class in the country every year [you'd win like Nick Saban]," an anonymous coach told Chip Patterson of CBSSports.com. "He shows up at every single game with a better roster than the teams he's playing."

"If you count cheating and getting the best players in the country as part of running a program, he's the best in the country," the coach added. "It's like saying an NFL coach is the best coach in the league if he gets 25 first-round picks every year."

Reactions: VolForLife83

saban.0.gif

They have kids sitting on their bench that would start at other schools. Unfortunately, they aren’t going to be down for awhile and even then at this point down would be losing 2-3 games.

I remember the 1999 season when we lost 2 games and that was a “down” year. Ahhh memories.

This happens every year. And every year they either win or play for the NC. Saban signed an extension through 2025. So I would expect a down year in 2026.

VN Store

Back