LSU has lost two of its four quarterbacks

Coach O, an average coach in my opinion has been the head coach at two SEC schools. One of those schools being a premier job. He was intermin head coach at Southern Cal and Associated head coach at Tennessee.

He's escaped the wrath of the NCAA on several occasions. Stop and think about that for a second.
Is this guy the luckiest man on the planet or what? He reminds me of the guy in the corporate world that does absolutely nothing to move the needle but keeps climbing the corporate ladder. Sometimes you just shake your head.
Coach O is your classic case of a coach being a recruiter and motivator, nothing more. He's actually 12-4 as an interim coach...he's good in a pinch when a team is lifeless and has given up on the coach who was just fired. He can fire guys up and get them motivated. However, outside of that unique circumstance, I think he's an absolute clown. Really poor schemer and Xs and Os coach. I don't think he has any idea how to truly run a program. There's a reason that outside of his head coaching jobs, he's only been a position coach (mostly defensive line).

Clay Travis has said before that there are a lot of college coaches out there that if they weren't coaching college football, they'd be high school gym teachers, used car salesmen, or something like that. They wouldn't be making good money in some other occupation. Orgeron is the epitome of that, IMO.

Reactions: tbh
O is there to keep it afloat and and attempt to keep the fans happy.

He was never the long term solution.

Me living here in Baton Rouge, I gotta say I like Orgeron SO MUCH better than that mealy-mouthed poser yankee Miles.

Having said that, was disappointed to hear Coach O in the paper this morning imply that it was just random bad luck that they are in this QB situation now.

Um, no, this was foreseeable and they could have brought in an under the radar kid or two like Shrout, or a McBride. But instead of building a tiered stable, they got multple QBs of about equal experience.

Ya lost me, are you stating they should have recuited a less talented QB so he would not transfer ?

All those Cajun folks like him because he’s a Yaw yaw like them. They will turn on him quick.

@Dobbs 4 Heisman how about a thread ranking the 2018 SEC QBs ?

In terms of their pro prospects or college? If we're talking college success, then you might as well be asking me who the top teams are. If we talking NFL, then this is how it would go:

Drew Lock = Matt Stafford
Jarrett Stidham = Jake Plummer
Jake Fromm = Andy Dalton
Tua Tagovailoa = don't have a comp on him but he won't be a high level NFL QB
Justin Fields = mini Cam Newton

In terms of their pro prospects or college? If we're talking college success, then you might as well be asking me who the top teams are. If we talking NFL, then this is how it would go:

Drew Lock = Matt Stafford
Jarrett Stidham = Jake Plummer
Jake Fromm = Andy Dalton
Tua Tagovailoa = don't have a comp on him but he won't be a high level NFL QB
Justin Fields = mini Cam Newton
what about Nick Fitzgerald ?

Right now he looks like Matt Jones (Arkansas). More athlete and runner than QB. I gotta see how he progresses this year as a passer before I'm ready to say he can play QB in the NFL.
sounds like Josh Dobbs but isnt the new coach more pass oriented ?

Ya lost me, are you stating they should have recuited a less talented QB so he would not transfer ?

No, man, you stagger 'em by classes. They did not bring in a QB at all last year -- their bad. They at least coulda had a 3-star diamond in the rough waiting in the wings, a McBride or a Shrout, who expects to wait, but could jump in there if needed. But they didn't arrange that. Guys that are both blue-chip talented and have been in the program a couple years or more ... they are not gonna keep waiting and if the coaches are shocked by that, shame on them.

VN Store

Back