West Virginia views first quarter as chess match

I can see WVA stacking the box early. Hell if CBJ was around I'd probably stack it often, and make UT throw it. We have not thrown the ball well in several years. Anyway i would not be surprised if they made us prove that we are capable of stretching the field.

I can see WVA stacking the box early. Hell if CBJ was around I'd probably stack it often, and make UT throw it. We have not thrown the ball well in several years. Anyway i would not be surprised if they made us prove that we are capable of stretching the field.
Watched a little bit of WKU when Helton was the OC today. If he uses a lot of Brohm's philosophy in UT's O... this is going to be fun.

I hope UT views it as a blood letting. After playing "Butch ball"... I'd like to see them unleash some pain with those new, bigger bodies.

CJP: "Sorry about breaking up your little board game, but we came here to play some football!"

bloody_chessboard_by_wojtar_stock.jpg

Gonna be honest though. I don't really see Pruitt as too much of a chess player. I see him more as an in your face... I'm dictating what happens type of coach.

I think you are right as to CJP being more of the "run over you" type but unlike during Butch's time, I believe CJP will be able to make adjustments in game that counter what he sees WVU doing on the field.

So that is a kind of chess, whereas Butch was playing tic-tac-toe

For some reason I was having freezing issues with this film, but that's ok. I'm going to go ahead and make my prediction based on Basilio and others...we are going to beat WVU and Chryst will be our starting QB. :cool:

I'm a fan of just straight up punch you in the nose and see where things go from there
Yep. I don't think our team will be trying to beat people "using our words" anymore. Pruitt and co. seem like "yer gon catch these hands" group of guys.

Reactions: memtownvol
06' Cal game at home after 5-6 and a loss to Vandy in 05'.

Hopefully it turns into were just gonna line up and beat you up on both sides of the ball.
One of my favorite games ever.

I love Cut. Wish there had been a way to get him back to K'ville.

Reactions: HUD2000
I view the game as can we line up and just run the ball all over them. Will our defense stop their run and make them a passing team. If that happens will we be able to still get some stops by limiting their passing game. The key to winning this game is ability to run the ball, control the clock, and win time of possession. They are a quick score offense who can't score if we control the ball.

hopefully we'll play four quarters...need the 1st quarter just to get loosened up...I mean, I do...:D

GO VOLS!

One of my favorite games ever.

I love Cut. Wish there had been a way to get him back to K'ville.

One of the more electric atmospheres in Neyland that Ive been to.

The fanbase was pissed and the team played that way.

VN Store

Back