OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXIII

I've never understood the mentaity of harassing someone because they cheer for a different team than I do. A little friendly ribbing is fine. I'm taking about getting vicious and even to the point of wanting to fight.
@Florida they did that, especially after we were leaving, since they weren't expecting to win and won on a 4th down pass.... @5$!!@@!! But they weren't in your face barking like at UGA.

Tennessee fans have a different reputation all together. We are seen as affable, earnest, and generous. We have a good time and hope you do too. We are welcoming as hosts and welcome as guests. May it forever be so!

Boss gave me 4 tickets to the Tennessee/Georgia game in Athens yesterday! I've said it a hundred times, but I have the best boss ever(both at work and at home:))It'll be the kids 1st game in enemy territory. Athens can be one of the worst experiences for opposing fans. Maybe with kids along side it will be manageable. I told my boss I wasn't sure about taking the kids and he suggested not wearing Tennessee gear. WTF?

I've been to watch us play UGA 7 times since '96 and have never had a bad experience. They've done a little barking which I do find odd watching grown men bark, but otherwise it was good experiences win or lose. They built a new parking garage on the south side near the railroad tracks we parked there last time in 2014 and there's a free bus to the stadium. Have a good time and Go Vols!

Auburn fans have always treated us well, I remember one particular time I believe it was in 2003 they had beaten us and as we are walking back to the tailgate they were handing us beers. You do have to tailgate in a cow pasture, but it's not to bad.

yep, not a problem, but I'd been tailgating in cow pastures before I ever attended a game...:D

GO VOLS!

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I've been to watch us play UGA 7 times since '96 and have never had a bad experience. They've done a little barking which I do find odd watching grown men bark, but otherwise it was good experiences win or lose. They built a new parking garage on the south side near the railroad tracks we parked there last time in 2014 and there's a free bus to the stadium. Have a good time and Go Vols!
Good to hear. Hoping this is our experience as well. Go Vols!

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Yeah, I think once we get inside we'll be ok. I'm worried about the walk to the stadium. I know of people getting beer thrown on them and splattered with foul language trash talk. Surely they will have enough respect to mind their manners with kids around. It is Georgia fans we're talking about though...
You want me come walk you to the stadium! I strike fear in people 😆

VN Store

Back