The Atlanta Braves Thread

For the sake of discussion...

What would Folty's trade value be?
gotta keep him imo.

wouldn’t get enough *if* his light completely illuminates. To me, he is a proven commodity, even with his warts (that seem to be dissipating).

I think Julio is odd man out at some point in the offseason or next year.

At this point I’ll be shocked if Julio is on the roster. Even if he pitches like he did Saturday. With all the arms you might get a mid market team (Twins, A’s, Reds) who might take a chance on a guy for $11M

Lady Vols to renew series with UCONN in Home & Home beginning in 2019/2020 season.

Those could endup not being very pretty for the Lady Vols.

Folty could be Scherzer lite, if he continues to hone in his control.
This is why I scoff in this thread about Folty

I actually do like him. I’ve stumped for him to remain a starter despite his penchant for wilting in moments he cannot wilt in because he has stuff. His comments after the last game were equally alarming/encouraging. Hopefully he finishes the season out. Hopefully he doesn’t wet his pants in the postseason. Hopefully he does a lot of things he nor anyone else being contemplated for this hypothetical rotation have ever done.

So the Pirates gave up Shane Baz for Archer. Their 2017 first round pick (#12 overall) and another top prospect for Archer.

So basically to match for Archer it would have Soroka, Swanson, and Kyle Wright for Archer.

So the Pirates gave up Shane Baz for Archer. Their 2017 first round pick (#12 overall) and another top prospect for Archer.

So basically to match for Archer it would have Soroka, Swanson, and Kyle Wright for Archer.
Very happy with passing on that and with Gausman

Reactions: BigOrange15
I like it. Ozzie has crashed the 2nd half. Didn’t think he could keep up the pace but would be nice if he could split the difference so to speak.

Just wish he could walk more. If he could pair his 2017 OBP with his 2018 Slugging he’s a superstar.

He is also 21 so maybe I should chill lol

LOL, that is not anything close to what the Pirates gave up. They fave up nobody on the level of Soroka. I could see the Austin Meadows and Dansby Swanson comparison, two players that have been highly ranked but failed to actually match that performance wise, there is a reason both Ke'bryan Hayes and Mitch Keller passed him up and were considered the two untouchable prospects within the organization. Glasnow just doesn't have it between the ears, now maybe a change of scenery where he is no longer pirates top prospect Tyler Glasnow and a new approach from a new staff could change that but it was never going to come together in Pittsburgh and was being treated as touch (I mean Chad ****ing Kuhl was getting starts over him). Now Baz hurts and has really come on recently and I can see the Wright equivalent there (though Wright has a much lower floor than Baz). Soroka, Swanson and Wright would have been a way better package than Meadows, Glasnow, and Baz.

Reactions: Scotty's Flat Top
Just wish he could walk more. If he could pair his 2017 OBP with his 2018 Slugging he’s a superstar.

He is also 21 so maybe I should chill lol
Yeah, it’s easy to forget how young these kids are, Ozzie is deep into the grind for the first time. He didn’t get much of a break with the All Star game. He will be alright.

Wish somebody would ask the hard hitting questions like will RONALD keep #13 or go back to #24 cause I need that jersey yesterday

VN Store

Back