Has JJ Peterson been at any practices?

I’m not saying that at all. Either you have a GA or the lowest man on the coaching totem pole calling JJ everyday annoying him into completing his work. If that doesn’t work you escalate.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your trust in the coaching staffs' academic qualification abilities, but this simply isn't on the coaches or UT at all. It's on the kid and his high school teachers, parents, advisers and coaches. I truly hope this guy gets in, but if he doesn't it is all on him, not some failed GA nag with an over-dialed cell phone. There is absolutely no secret about what a high school athlete needs to do to qualify academically for admission to a major university. Personal responsibility has to count for something.

So where does that put our 2018 recruiting class now with the other losses and without JJ? 24th or 25th in the nation? We’re not closing the talent gap with that in the SEC or even holding our current position. That’s my whole point that the coaches will be ultimately held responsible for the overall result.

Let’s hope he still gets in but we’re sure cutting it close.

Not sure I understand. How is a kid messing up academically the Vols' fault? There is absolutely nothing UT can do if a kid either doesn't get ready to or can't qualify. That's not on the Vols. His issue has nothing to do with how the Vols are "operating."

Instead of being distracted by a player who isn't here for whatever reason, I trust the staff is focused on the players who actually made it to Knoxville. Don't get me wrong, I think this kid is talented and would likely be a help to the team. I'd rather have him here than not. But, until he does what he is supposed to do and qualifies, he's just a distraction.

It is pretty easy to tell if a kid is messing up academically. Maybe they need to give a second grade like 4F for a good athlete that has failed most of his high school courses and likely wont qualify academically.

I think it's reached the point that we can forget about that. It's just one of those unfortunate realities in recruiting.
nah......he will be there. will prob redshirt. will be ready to play next year. can also still play in 4 games and redshirt.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I’m not saying that at all. Either you have a GA or the lowest man on the coaching totem pole calling JJ everyday annoying him into completing his work. If that doesn’t work you escalate.
So any of your Bama friends giving Saban heat for “allowing” Jordan Davis to happen? 😏

So where does that put our 2018 recruiting class now with the other losses and without JJ? 24th or 25th in the nation? We’re not closing the talent gap with that in the SEC or even holding our current position. That’s my whole point that the coaches will be ultimately held responsible for the overall result.

We were in the 60’s rankings wise when Pruitt took over. Miracle work.

I think we have moved on to the 2019 class. Looks like we be doing alright.

Reactions: butchna
So any of your Bama friends giving Saban heat for “allowing” Jordan Davis to happen? 😏

I don’t know who that is but their talent bucket is full. Won’t hurt them at all.

We were in the 60’s rankings wise when Pruitt took over. Miracle work.

From abysmal to average. Let’s celebrate.
giphy.gif

The coaches held responsible? We trying to win recruiting classes or ballgames? If the kid can't get in school we don't need him period!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I don’t know who that is but their talent bucket is full. Won’t hurt them at all.

From abysmal to average. Let’s celebrate.
giphy.gif
Highly recruited 4 star DE. It’s not about what you can handle...it’s what you “allow” to happen. Don’t lose focus. We need you to fix stuff.

You don't know who Jordan Davis is, but you are on here talking about recruiting? This is a drive by whine.

Is Jordan Davis Alabama’s highest ranked recruit in 2018? I doubt Alabama whiffed on their highest ranked recruit like it appears we have.

Is Jordan Davis Alabama’s highest ranked recruit in 2018? I doubt Alabama whiffed on their highest ranked recruit like it appears we have.
They recruited a kid with academic problems and didn’t send a GA to Luca Brasí them. Quit moving the goalposts...failure is failure!

And they did everything in their power to FLIP him! They tried to fail even more! Condemn them you *****!

Escalate to what? If the kid won’t do the work then beat him? Take away his car? Kill his parents?

This is all on the kid. How do you know CJP didn’t send him all the help available? I’m sure now he’s getting all the help possible and he still isn’t here. It’s all on JJ now

Goodness man. Escalate up the chain of command. Call in some favors. Grease some wheels.

Probably ranked in that range, but (assuming stars and rankings really matter, just for the sake of argument):

1) the 2018 class, wherever it is rank-wise, is ranked a whole lot higher than it was going to be pre-Pruitt;
2) the 2018 class was assembled during the first weeks (not years) of the new staff and after the worst season ever and after a really bungled coaching search;
3) improvement takes time;
4) again, improvement takes time; and
5) you measure improvement on the field with results, not using made-up media given stars to kids that have done nothing except played high school ball.

Before you jump, let's see if we can detect actual on the field improvement this season. I'm seeing the signs of it and, because of a floor effect, I simply can't imagine it getting any worse than 2017!

Hang in there. Eveting gonna be aight! Peace.

Ignorance is believing a mid-20s class will allow us to compete for anything of merit in the modern SEC.
That statement has not one thing to do with the conversation at hand. Moving the goal posts again I see. You and D4H should compare notes.

That statement has not one thing to do with the conversation at hand. Moving the goal posts again I see. You and D4H should compare notes.

Nope, the discussion is still the same. If you can’t qualify your highest ranked player, then your recruiting class suffers greatly. Your class is worse and the talent gap widens between the elites and the mediocre. That’s simple math and the coaches will ultimately be held responsible for this.

Nope, the discussion is still the same. If you can’t qualify your highest ranked player, then your recruiting class suffers greatly. Your class is worse and the talent gap widens between the elites and the mediocre. That’s simple math and the coaches will ultimately be held responsible for this.
Yes, you still don't get it. Like talking to a wall. I don't disagree that we missed out on 1 player. Class ranking is an easy metric to look at so yes, it will drop some. But you are combining the fact that the ranking will drop with the illegal activity of a college sending people to a HS or making daily phone calls to a recruit to help him qualify. Please just stop your discussion because it makes no sense.

I love this "if you can't qualify" part ... it's up to the student / athlete to care enough about his own future to put in the effort. It's not like Jeremy Pruitt flunked Geometry in the spring.

... and this is still just one player. Sure, we have a long way to go but you're freak out is an overreaction.

VN Store

Back