Josh Dobbs (merged)

Oh I know how this will play out. One of two scenarios will happen: (1) the Steelers will keep Dobbs and he will lead them to 4 Super Bowl titles over the next 15-20 years; or (2) the Steelers will release Dobbs, he will sign with another team, and then proceed to win 4 Super Bowl titles for that team making the Steelers the dumbest franchise in professional sports history.

Those are the only 2 plausible scenarios.
Are you using the same crystal ball that led you to believe Dobbs would take over this past year for an injured Big Been and lead them to a championship? Pretty different from what reality was which was he couldn't even jump one of the worst backups in the league on the depth chart.

Are you using the same crystal ball that led you to believe Dobbs would take over this past year for an injured Big Been and lead them to a championship? Pretty different from what reality was which was he couldn't even jump one of the worst backups in the league on the depth chart.

No it’s the crystal ball that picked the Vols to win the national title two years in a row

Keeping 4 QBs is extremely unlikely but not impossible. Its not against the rules. And the Steelers have done it before in 1995 after drafting Kordell Stewart.

If the Steelers are smart, they would trade or release Landry Jones. But I'm not sure they are smart given their recent draft selections.

I just love how all of a sudden you're the curator of Steeler trivia. The Steelers may have had 3 QBs on the roster, but they had no idea if Stewart could play the position, he was nothing but a gimmick his first few years and mostly played WR.

Predicting Dobbs to unseat Big Ben THIS YEAR never made sense to anyone with half a brain

Ben has made it to 3 Super Bowls and won 2 you also have the best RB and WR in the league

Plus they get Shazier back I believe

The Steelers are trying to win a SB and Dobbs ain’t the guy that’s gonna give them the best shot not this year

Actually I think it's the same one that said there was "Zero chance we lose to Georgia." Yes...ZERO.

Oh you forget, when he's 100% wrong on those things, he then just says he's messing around and his predicting isn't a big deal (even though he had the opposite attitude before he was proven wrong). Player evaluations is his FOR REALZ talent and he's RIGHT ALWAYS (except when he's not, then he ignores it or explains it away).

Predicting Dobbs to unseat Big Ben THIS YEAR never made sense to anyone with half a brain

Ben has made it to 3 Super Bowls and won 2 you also have the best RB and WR in the league

Plus they get Shazier back I believe

The Steelers are trying to win a SB and Dobbs ain’t the guy that’s gonna give them the best shot not this year
They’re never getting Shazier back. He hints at playing football again but that’s what a true player does. No team or medical professional signs off on it. The Steelers have classily set him up with a job and he can count walking again as a Super Bowl win imo.

Reactions: The Dog
Stewart was a moderately effective receiver in his first couple years. Played as a receiver in 26 games in his first 2 years with over 500 yards on 40 + catches.

My apologies, read the wrong line on him .. but your description is pretty spot on with "moderately effective"

They either picked guys a round too early for my taste (i.e. JuJu) or they drafted guys with very limited ceilings (i.e. Josh Dobbs). I think Terrell Edmunds will be a good player. Late in the 1st round is good value for him. However, with almost every other pick, the Steelers reached and passed on guys who I thought were much better.

Only time will tell but 2018 was a missed opportunity for the Steelers. If they had drafted better in 2018, they would have set themselves up for a dynasty over the next 6-7 years. With that said, the 2018 class is so good that they should still be the favorite to win multiple Super Bowls over the next 5 years with Mason Rudolph or Big Ben as their starting QB.

I fixed your post for ya... your welcome

They’re never getting Shazier back. He hints at playing football again but that’s what a true player does. No team or medical professional signs off on it. The Steelers have classily set him up with a job and he can count walking again as a Super Bowl win imo.
Damn never knew it was that bad

Damn never knew it was that bad
Dude! It was as bad as that gets. It’s been a miracle that he’s where he’s at. He can look forward to a fully functional healthy long life but one wrong hit could end him. That’s how small the line was between quadriplegic and death. That he can walk and breathe on his own is God saying “take the win”. He’s talking about a NFL comeback, it’s the job of the NFL to not let that happen.

Dude! It was as bad as that gets. It’s been a miracle that he’s where he’s at. He can look forward to a fully functional healthy long life but one wrong hit could end him. That’s how small the line was between quadriplegic and death. That he can walk and breathe on his own is God saying “take the win”. He’s talking about a NFL comeback, it’s the job of the NFL to not let that happen.

Saw him walk a few weeks ago and I cannot believe he’ll actually ever play again.

Saw him walk a few weeks ago and I cannot believe he’ll actually ever play again.
The NFL didn’t become an almost trillion dollar business by opening up lawsuits on risks like that. Some people forget how much Peyton was evaluated before they signed off on him.

The preseason is turning into a can't-win situation for Steelers' QB Joshua Dobbs

When you trade away Martavis Bryant to secure a third-round pick and use that third-round pick to draft a quarterback that you reportedly had a first-round grade on, that guy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

The Steelers did precisely that this past April, bringing in quarterback Mason Rudolph from Oklahoma State.

Suddenly, Dobbs became a young quarterback without a team.

No, not officially, but the handwriting was pretty much on the wall in April, and it’s still up there on the wall now in August.

The preseason is turning into a can't-win situation for Steelers' QB Joshua Dobbs

When you trade away Martavis Bryant to secure a third-round pick and use that third-round pick to draft a quarterback that you reportedly had a first-round grade on, that guy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

The Steelers did precisely that this past April, bringing in quarterback Mason Rudolph from Oklahoma State.

Suddenly, Dobbs became a young quarterback without a team.

No, not officially, but the handwriting was pretty much on the wall in April, and it’s still up there on the wall now in August.

This is an even harsher take.

Josh Dobbs struggled vs. Philadelphia Eagles

D4H is gonna rip this guy a new one

Dobbs was wearing the wrong gloves, right?

More news that can't help.

Inside the ropes: Josh Dobbs, Mason Rudolph share bulk of QB duties

That meant plenty of reps for the two young quarterbacks the Steelers have taken in the middle rounds of the past two drafts. In a rare instance of riding two quarterbacks throughout most of practice, the Steelers gave the reins to Josh Dobbs and Mason Rudolph for all but the first four reps of “Seven Shots.”

Rudolph handled the final three snaps of the two-point conversion simulation “Seven Shots,” and both young quarterbacks got extensive time with first-teamers (and against the first-team defense) the rest of the way.

Some Dobbs/Rudolph observations:

• Rudolph threw scoring connections to James Washington and Jaylen Samuels in “Seven Shots,” though he did miss on a quasi-fade to Damoun Patterson .

• Rudolph came in with an earned reputation of being adept at the deep ball, and he hasn’t shown anything to contradict that in camp. On Monday, he completed at least two long throws. He also seems to attempt an inordinate amount.

• Dobbs was intercepted when Morgan Burnett jumped a Darrius Heyward-Bey route, and Terrell Edmunds almost had another interception when Dobbs missed a throw to Bucky Hodges .

Dobbs was wearing the wrong gloves, right?

More news that can't help.

Inside the ropes: Josh Dobbs, Mason Rudolph share bulk of QB duties

That meant plenty of reps for the two young quarterbacks the Steelers have taken in the middle rounds of the past two drafts. In a rare instance of riding two quarterbacks throughout most of practice, the Steelers gave the reins to Josh Dobbs and Mason Rudolph for all but the first four reps of “Seven Shots.”

Rudolph handled the final three snaps of the two-point conversion simulation “Seven Shots,” and both young quarterbacks got extensive time with first-teamers (and against the first-team defense) the rest of the way.

Some Dobbs/Rudolph observations:

• Rudolph threw scoring connections to James Washington and Jaylen Samuels in “Seven Shots,” though he did miss on a quasi-fade to Damoun Patterson .

• Rudolph came in with an earned reputation of being adept at the deep ball, and he hasn’t shown anything to contradict that in camp. On Monday, he completed at least two long throws. He also seems to attempt an inordinate amount.

• Dobbs was intercepted when Morgan Burnett jumped a Darrius Heyward-Bey route, and Terrell Edmunds almost had another interception when Dobbs missed a throw to Bucky Hodges .

One of Dobbs' big issues is arm strength so to juice up a throw, his mechanics get sacrificed thus making some of them even less accurate. On deep outs, he really seems to under throw allowing DBs to jump routes.

VN Store

Back