OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXIII

funny-monday-pictures-20.jpg

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Our friend T-town has gotten some bad news and has said in another thread that his wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

So this is my official call to prayer

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties andprayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in [a]authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and [b]dignity.3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

8 Therefore I want the people in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

Praying for y’all T
@T-TownVol

Last edited:
Our friend T-town has gotten some bad news and has said in another thread that his wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties andprayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in [a]authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and [b]dignity.3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

8 Therefore I want the people in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

Praying for y’all T
Hopefully they caught it early. My aunt was diagnosed earlier this year and they found it early enough to go through radiation treatments only

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Thoughts and prayers T-town. Praying your wife is as high spirited as possible and at peace through this process. Also praying for God to give you the strength to stand strong beside her. God is the mighty Healer. My dad went through a battle with an aggressive bladder cancer that was growing through the bladder wall. After a 11 month battle and 4 months ok chemo and having his bladder removed he went back to work last Sept and all his reports have been cancer free.

Reactions: volwindy

Praying for y’all T
Dang I missed this yesterday. Definitely keeping TT in my prayers

Praying for y’all T
I hate to hear that, prayers for them.

I've lost a close friend to breast cancer and have three survivors among my family and friends. Sympathies, TT. I feel ya.

Boss gave me 4 tickets to the Tennessee/Georgia game in Athens yesterday! I've said it a hundred times, but I have the best boss ever(both at work and at home:))It'll be the kids 1st game in enemy territory. Athens can be one of the worst experiences for opposing fans. Maybe with kids along side it will be manageable. I told my boss I wasn't sure about taking the kids and he suggested not wearing Tennessee gear. WTF?

Boss gave me 4 tickets to the Tennessee/Georgia game in Athens yesterday! I've said it a hundred times, but I have the best boss ever(both at work and at home:))It'll be the kids 1st game in enemy territory. Athens can be one of the worst experiences for opposing fans. Maybe with kids along side it will be manageable. I told my boss I wasn't sure about taking the kids and he suggested not wearing Tennessee gear. WTF?
I have attended a game in Athens. There were four of us in full UT regalia seated among UGA regular season ticket holders. Other than one woman yelling at us, "I know where you got your tickets. He won't hear the end of this!" we were not threatened or unduly harassed in the stadium. Take your kids. Wear your colors. Have an experience. Hopefully, some old school Jawja fans will respect you, and if by little more than example, shelter your younguns from the hostile ne'er do wells.

Yeah, I think once we get inside we'll be ok. I'm worried about the walk to the stadium. I know of people getting beer thrown on them and splattered with foul language trash talk. Surely they will have enough respect to mind their manners with kids around. It is Georgia fans we're talking about though...

Yeah, I think once we get inside we'll be ok. I'm worried about the walk to the stadium. I know of people getting beer thrown on them and splattered with foul language trash talk. Surely they will have enough respect to mind their manners with kids around. It is Georgia fans we're talking about though...

It has been my least favorite stadium to visit, and it was for that reason. I don't think Kevin was wearing a UT shirt for me at that time, probably just a neutral colored shirt, so it was just me in the vol apparel and they were not nice to me at all. You would think they would lay off of women and kids, but like you said, it is UGA fans.

I've never understood the mentaity of harassing someone because they cheer for a different team than I do. A little friendly ribbing is fine. I'm taking about getting vicious and even to the point of wanting to fight.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back