Army: Bayonets are for wimps

We trained with them, but it was worthless.

How much does one need to learn to parry and thrust.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

next thing is going to be espresso machines in the maintenance shop

Wow, I just read the link. I wonder how long it will be before they have Tony Little running PT, or when PT is an "in your barracks" event consisting of a soda and 8 minute abs.

Good riddance. Today's weapons have made the bayonet obsolete. A soldier is more likely to impale himself than to kill an enemy soldier with a bayonet. [wonder when was the last time someone was actually killed with a bayonet?]

Would be really cool to have a confirmed kill with a bayonet though.

Whatever has better standoff range than the AK-47 works for me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hopefully one day I'll get to shoot a javelin. I've done the computer training, but not yet had the chance. There so freaking expensive.
Mehhh not as much as you would think. They are stepping down production of them right now though. I got the opportunity to visit the Lockheed Martin/Javelin production site at Troy Alabama last week and it was like a ghost town in that place. I think they said they are only producing about 6 per day now.

Mehhh not as much as you would think. They are stepping down production of them right now though. I got the opportunity to visit the Lockheed Martin/Javelin production site at Troy Alabama last week and it was like a ghost town in that place. I think they said they are only producing about 6 per day now.

Back in 2006 was told they were around 100K a piece, unless the person who told we was misinformed or was just blowing smoke up my rear end.

VN Store

Back