Angry health food mobs organize

allvol123

So the Whole Foods CEO writes a little op-ed offering ideas on healthcare reform and ABC manages to focus on consumers boycotting the store and saying CEOs should "stay quiet when it comes to politics." Wonder if they would suggest politicians "stay quiet when it comes to business." Great job ABC, the man was just offering some honest opinions and looking to participate.

Obama Health Care Reform Riles Up Whole Foods CEO John Mackey - ABC News

So the Whole Foods CEO writes a little op-ed offering ideas on healthcare reform and ABC manages to focus on consumers boycotting the store and saying CEOs should "stay quiet when it comes to politics." Wonder if they would suggest politicians "stay quiet when it comes to business." Great job ABC, the man was just offering some honest opinions and looking to participate.

Obama Health Care Reform Riles Up Whole Foods CEO John Mackey - ABC News

CEOs should stay quiet, but if an actor or musician has something to say, we'll be glad to give him or her a voice.

I shopped at Whole Foods for the first time today. I did my duty as an uninsured American.

This pretty much sums up the lunacy of the left on this issue:

The Agitator Blog Archive Whole Foods

Let me see if I have the logic correct here: Whole Foods is consistently ranked among the most employee-friendly places to work in the service industry. In fact, Whole Foods treats employees a hell of a lot better than most liberal activist groups do. The company has strict environmental and humane animal treatment standards about how its food is grown and raised. The company buys local. The store near me is hosting a local tasting event for its regional vendors. Last I saw, the company’s lowest wage earners make $13.15 per hour. They also get to vote on what type of health insurance they want. And they all get health insurance. The company is also constantly raising money for various philanthropic causes. When I was there today, they were taking donations for a school lunch program. In short, Whole Foods is everything leftists talk about when they talk about “corporate responsibility.”

And yet lefties want to boycott the company because CEO John Mackey wrote an op-ed that suggests alternatives to single payer health care? It wasn’t even a nasty or mean-spirited op-ed. Mackey didn’t spread misinformation about death panels, call anyone names, or use ad hominem attacks. He put forth actual ideas and policy proposals, many of them tested and proven during his own experience running a large company. Is this really the state of debate on the left, now? “Agree with us, or we’ll crush you?”

just goes to show you that committed, far left wing liberals (like those at Kos, Huffpo, DemUnderground and MSNBC) are excruciatingly stupid people

VN Store

Back