2401 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on this is incredible. hussein is an idiot. Page 2. within the forum Politics. CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles this is interesting ...

Go Back   VolNation > Off Topic Forums > Politics

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

this is interesting too.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rosa Brooks, influential defense department liberal, Soros flag waving wag, compliments of Obama- "Thanks to U.S. policies, al-Qaida has become the vast global threat the administration imagined it to be in 2001."

I suppose she completely overlooks the American embassy bombings in Africa and numerous other radical muslim terrorist activity stretching over the past half century.

The law abiding taxpayer and military veteran are the enemies!!!

Quote:
Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Talk to John McCain about how torture comes back to haunt you. Those of you crying for blood need to think long and hard about the ramifications of a state that is willing to torture. Don't be blinded by the immediacy of the current situation. Think long term.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wave yo hands in the aiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgator1 View Post
Talk to John McCain about how torture comes back to haunt you. Those of you crying for blood need to think long and hard about the ramifications of a state that is willing to torture. Don't be blinded by the immediacy of the current situation. Think long term.
seriously? Which foreign fighting force believes that there is another one out there that won't do what necessary to extract information?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

I'm not trying to change your mind. Don't think that's likely. Just asking you to think about it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not trying to change your mind. Don't think that's likely. Just asking you to think about it.
As a former soldier that flew in harm's way and made others pay for shooting at me, I can tell you that I understand the ramifications of our actions and am perfectly comfortable with them. Pretending that our using kid gloves will convince the world to do so (especially wrt these religious lunatics) in return is near Obama-esque in absurd pacifism.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Words to Live By

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaVol View Post
As a former soldier that flew in harm's way and made others pay for shooting at me, I can tell you that I understand the ramifications of our actions and am perfectly comfortable with them. Pretending that our using kid gloves will convince the world to do so (especially wrt these religious lunatics) in return is near Obama-esque in absurd pacifism.
Thank You BPV!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TownVol View Post
Thank You BPV!
seriously, no need. Uncle Sam paid for a fabulous undergrad education for a backwoods, brainless clown like me to get a very good education. Then they trained me to fly helicopters that shoot back and they let my fly them 5 feet off the trees, in formation, under night vision systems.

Frankly, I have plenty of thanks to give to America and I do so quite often (though admittedly, my thanks has fallen off a bit since Jan 21.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Words to Live By

I meant for calling BHO the "puss" that he is (and for your service)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TownVol View Post
I meant for calling BHO the "puss" that he is (and for your service)
my bad. disregard all after the quoted box.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Space Mountain

Quote:
seriously, no need. Uncle Sam paid for a fabulous undergrad education for a backwoods, brainless clown like me to get a very good education. Then they trained me to fly helicopters that shoot back and they let my fly them 5 feet off the trees, in formation, under night vision systems.

Frankly, I have plenty of thanks to give to America and I do so quite often (though admittedly, my thanks has fallen off a bit since Jan 21.
Good post.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:

If I had to do it all over again, I would have joined and let the military pay my way through school. Working two jobs and going to school full time sucked big time. That, and past military experience helps your career tremendously with the work I do.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd970 View Post
If I had to do it all over again, I would have joined and let the military pay my way through school. Working two jobs and going to school full time sucked big time. That, and past military experience helps your career tremendously with the work I do.
Joining is one way to go, but I wouldn't have done it that way. I wouldn't go back to USMA again either, but it has been good for me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
geez LG i never thought you were a douche
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
torture? keeping someone up for hours isn't torture. cutting off fingers and drilling into eye sockets is torture. hitting and beating is torture. scaring a prisoner into thinking he's being drowned isn't torture.

how many people did America torture pre 9/11?

how al queda members did we torture pre 9/11?

how many times did we try to kill bin ladin before 9/11

please explain to me how torturing now will cause ramifications. we have thousands dead from 9/11 and we did nothing (expect have American troops on arabic soil and support israel) to cause them to bomb us. that's bs.

long term, we can't get into a position where we have to get info from any bad guy. secure our borders, stop the PC concerning terrorist profiling.

Last edited by joevol320; 04-22-2009 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP