Obama's bogus statistics used to advocate more unconstitutional gun control laws.

gsvol

Anyone watch the Communist Broadcast System 60 minute special this past Easter Sunday afternoon on gun shows with the statement; "we need to close this loophole."

:bs:

The only hole needing to be closed is the CBS pie hole!!

The Obama administration is fudging when it claims that 90 percent of guns used in crimes in Mexico come from the United States.

Either the Obama administration is dumber that a box of rocks or they are deliberately lying!!!!!

The ambassador used the 90 percent number to justify new gun bans in the United States. Mr. Obama, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano all have made policy recommendations based on this claim.

The real number is about 5% coming from the USA.

Furthermore probably most of that number were originally sold to the Mexican government by the American government and stolen by some of the 150,000 who have deserted the Mexican army over the past few years.

But if it were even true that it was a higher percentage, so what???? Mexico has had draconian gun laws forever and guess what, the people have no respect for the law.

The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity,"

A footnote attached to the report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines "rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," the warning says.

The nine-page document was sent to police and sheriff's departments across the United States on April 7 under the headline, "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment."

It says the federal government "will be working with its state and local partners over the next several months" to gather information on "rightwing extremist activity in the United States."

capt.92c2cea75b67411d872ffd6fc1f8c4eb.obama_us_mexico_whre102.jpg

Paranoid nitwit.

The FBI was quoted Monday as saying that, since November, more than 7 million people have applied for criminal background checks in order to buy weapons.

The report could signify a change in emphasis for Homeland Security under former Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano. A German magazine quoted Ms. Napolitano as rebranding "terrorism" as "man-made disasters."

If the left wing fascists now holding power in America had any sense at all they would have Arabic speaking undercover agents in ever wahibist mosque in the country and deporting thos imans who are inciting violent attitudes, but the left wing fascists are completely bereft of any common sense to begin with, we've known that for some time, hopefully some of those who have been their supporters in the past will come to their senses.

31hln2qFpWL._SS500_.jpg

It is impossible to escape the parallels between Guenter Reimann's account of doing business under the Nazis and the "compassionate," "responsible," and regulated "capitalism" of today's U.S. economy today.

Today's word test:

Which of the four words starting with the letter “L” do not belong.

A - Life
B - Liberty
C - Law
D - Liberal

napomotivator.jpg

It's the fable of the Scorpion and the Frog with liberals. Hoplophobia and wanting disarmed subjects is simply in their nature. It's what they do.

I lean towards the left...and I think this is a crock.

Perhaps you aren't far enough "left" to qualify. Notice I haven't made any accusation of such. Suffice it to say, however, that if you do not think there is a huge amount of precisely what I cited, let's just say "in your general direction", you simply haven't been paying attention.

Perhaps you aren't far enough "left" to qualify. Notice I haven't made any accusation of such. Suffice it to say, however, that if you do not think there is a huge amount of precisely what I cited, let's just say "in your general direction", you simply haven't been paying attention.
That's cool...I don't really keep up with a lot of the BS on the political realm,just every now and again.
I think trying to disarm Americans will do nothing but increase crime.Obama is a freaking joke nothing less.

That's cool...I don't really keep up with a lot of the BS on the political realm,just every now and again.
I think trying to disarm Americans will do nothing but increase crime.Obama is a freaking joke nothing less.

You sound a lot more "center" than "left" to me. Many people forget that there is more than a little overlap between the extremes of the two sides.

You sound a lot more "center" than "left" to me. Many people forget that there is more than a little overlap between the extremes of the two sides.[/QUOTE I agree with both sides on a lot of issues,but I also disagree with a lot of issues on both sides.I guess I'm center,but I am Liberal on a lot of things.

Comment from a news man.

I have covered DHS for many years and am quite familiar with past assessments they and the FBI have done on animal rights terrorists and environmental terrorists. But those past reports have always been very specific in identifying the exact groups, causes, and targets of domestic terrorism, i.e., the ALF, ELF, and Stop Huntingdon wackos who have engaged in physical harassment, arson, vandalism, and worse against pharmaceutical companies, farms, labs, and university researchers.

By contrast, the piece of crap report issued on April 7 is a sweeping indictment of conservatives. And the intent is clear. As the two spokespeople I talked with on the phone today made clear: They both pinpointed the recent “economic downturn” and the “general state of the economy” for stoking “rightwing extremism.” One of the spokespeople said he was told that the report has been in the works for a year. My b.s. detector went off the chart, and yours will, too, if you read through the entire report — which asserts with no evidence that an unquantified “resurgence in rightwing extremist recruitment and radicalizations activity” is due to home foreclosures, job losses, and…the historical presidential election.

In Obama land, there are no coincidences. It is no coincidence that this report echoes Tea Party-bashing left-wing blogs (check this one out comparing the Tea Party movement to the Weather Underground!) and demonizes the very Americans who will be protesting in the thousands on Wednesday for the nationwide Tax Day Tea Party.

A DHS spokesperson said reports had also been done on left wing extremists but couldn't name any such report.

rightwing.jpg

wtf.jpg

Just as ominus as the left wing attack on second amendment rights is their assault on first amendment liberties as well.

The ultimate threat over the heads of radio stations is license renewal, he explains. "Far-left groups such as ACORN [Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now] stand at the ready to pressure these boards into silencing conservative talk radio programs, either through intimidation or the loss of broadcast licenses," says O'Leary, who, during the presidential campaign, wrote the best-selling book, "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values."

The book points out there were only 75 radio talk shows in America during the last year of the "Fairness Doctrine" rules. Today, there are more than 3,000.

"The liberals' once-dominant media forum is fading fast, in part because Americans have discovered real diversity of ideas elsewhere," O'Leary writes. "The enemies of free speech know this. They also know that, if they are to accomplish their goal of stifling all debate, they will have to control all media outlets."

shutupamerica.jpg

Also revealed in "Shut Up, America" is evidence that Obama's new FCC chairman wants to create a "Fairness Doctrine" for the Internet to regulate and censor online speech.

Julius Genachowski, an Obama friend from Harvard Law School and the mastermind behind Obama's online fundraising machine, is an ardent supporter of so-called "net neutrality" regulations, perceived by O'Leary as a first step toward "Fairness Doctrine"-style regulations on content for the Internet. Genachowski would have government decide what content Internet operators and network owners must provide.

"Incredibly, he claims this is to keep the Internet free and open to all," says O'Leary. "In reality, his goal is to usher the heavy hands of federal regulators into the tent. Genachowski would give federal regulators editorial authority over what private operators must provide."

If none of that upsets obambi supporters, then calling tenth amendment advocates "right wing extremists" should be so over the top that even obama toe suckers would stop and rethink some of their previous conclusions.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Justice Department and the San Francisco Police Department have contacted the San Francisco Police Officers Association and told them not to talk about the Ayers case.

Last edited:
Comment from a news man.

A DHS spokesperson said reports had also been done on left wing extremists but couldn't name any such report.

rightwing.jpg

wtf.jpg

Just as ominus as the left wing attack on second amendment rights is their assault on first amendment liberties as well.

shutupamerica.jpg

If none of that upsets obambi supporters, then calling tenth amendment advocates "right wing extremists" should be so over the top that even obama toe suckers would stop and rethink some of their previous conclusions.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the Justice Department and the San Francisco Police Department have contacted the San Francisco Police Officers Association and told them not to talk about the Ayers case.
If true, its clearly agenda driven.

Back to the OP, I would like to point out that each and every time you hear anything about the "90% of guns from Mexico" claim you have to realize it's a lie. It's been fully and publicly debunked so the ignorance excuse doesn't work anymore. (It's ok to be wrong if you've simply been misinformed) Any time you see it realize you are staring straight into the face of outright, demonstrable propaganda.

In fact, it's not even close. The fact is, only 17 percent of guns found at Mexican crime scenes have been traced to the U.S.
In 2007-2008, according to ATF Special Agent William Newell, Mexico submitted 11,000 guns to the ATF for tracing. Close to 6,000 were successfully traced -- and of those, 90 percent -- 5,114 to be exact, according to testimony in Congress by William Hoover -- were found to have come from the U.S.
But in those same two years, according to the Mexican government, 29,000 guns were recovered at crime scenes.
In other words, 68 percent of the guns that were recovered were never submitted for tracing. And when you weed out the roughly 6,000 guns that could not be traced from the remaining 32 percent, it means 83 percent of the guns found at crime scenes in Mexico could not be traced to the U.S.

I realize this was covered in the OP but some things bear repeating for emphasis. This AG really is as anti 2nd amendment as it gets and most of the media appears to be quite complicit. It's not some goofy conspiracy theory anymore, it's a vetted fact. It remains to be seen how far they can take this agenda but there's simply no hiding it exists anymore.

Every time I think of it I nearly swoon at how fortuitous the timing of the Heller case turned out to be.

The American Legion response to this fascist decree.

Dear Secretary Napolitano,

On behalf of the 2.6 million-member American Legion, I am stating my concern about your April 7 report, “Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence and Recruitment.”

First, I want to assure you that The American Legion has long shared your concern about white supremacist and anti-government groups. In 1923, when the Ku Klux Klan still yielded unspeakable influence in this country, The American Legion passed Resolution 407. It resolved, in part, “…we consider any individual, group of individuals or organizations, which creates, or fosters racial, religious or class strife among our people, or which takes into their own hands the enforcement of law, determination of guilt, or infliction of punishment, to be un-American, a menace to our liberties, and destructive to our fundamental law…”

The best that I can say about your recent report is that it is incomplete. The report states, without any statistical evidence, “The possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.”

The American Legion is well aware and horrified at the pain inflicted during the Oklahoma City bombing, but Timothy McVeigh was only one of more than 42 million veterans who have worn this nation’s uniform during wartime. To continue to use McVeigh as an example of the stereotypical “disgruntled military veteran” is as unfair as using Osama bin Laden as the sole example of Islam.

Your report states that “Rightwing extremists were concerned during the 1990s with the perception that illegal immigrants were taking away American jobs through their willingness to work at significantly lower wages.” Secretary Napolitano, this is more than a perception to those who have lost their job. Would you categorize union members as “Right Wing extremists”?

In spite of this incomplete, and, I fear, politically-biased report, The American Legion and the Department of Homeland Security share many common and crucial interests, such as the Citizen Corps and disaster preparedness. Since you are a graduate of New Mexico Girls State, I trust that you are very familiar with The American Legion. I would be happy to meet with you at a time of mutual convenience to discuss issues such as border security and the war on terrorism. I think it is important for all of us to remember that Americans are not the enemy. The terrorists are.

The VFW has also made an equally strong statement.

dhs.jpg

How do you get all these? Is there a site that centrally links to them, or do you just have your ear to the ground or what? I have trouble finding instances, because they don't typically get a lot of press coverage.

How do you get all these? Is there a site that centrally links to them, or do you just have your ear to the ground or what? I have trouble finding instances, because they don't typically get a lot of press coverage.

This particular list came from here:

http://www.claytoncramer.com/gundefenseblog/blogger.html

There are other sources and if I was really trying to dig up more examples I surely could but that site will always have enough to keep some fresh material to throw at those that need to be made aware of such things.

VN Store

Back