G-20

VolsNSkinsFan

didnt see a thread on this so I though I would start it

G-20 protesters break into Royal Bank of Scotland

Some 4,000 anarchists, anti-capitalists, environmentalists and others clogged the streets of London's financial district for what demonstrators branded "Financial Fool's Day." The protests were called ahead of Thursday's Group of 20 summit of world leaders, who hope to take concrete steps to resolve the global financial crisis that has lashed nations and workers worldwide.

Protesters also tried to storm the Bank of England and pelted police with eggs and fruit. A battered effigy of a banker in a bowler's hat hung on a traffic light near the Bank of England.

At least one police officer was injured when a printer and other office equipment was thrown out of the RBS window. Hundreds cheered as a blue office chair was used to smash one of the blacked-out branch windows.

Two men — one was wearing a suit — exchanged punches in the financial district before police intervened.

Of the nearly two dozen people arrested, offenses included disorderly behavior, illegally wearing a police uniform, carrying knives and assault. Another person was arrested for drug possession.

London equity analyst Viktor Gusman, 53, said he understood the protesters' anger ahead of the G-20 summit but said it didn't put him off working in finance. Some bankers went to work in casual wear Wednesday for fear they could be targeted.

"This is what I do," he said, taking a cigarette break a block down from a police barricade in central London. "I'm supporting my wife and mother and I don't know that it hurts anyone."

Some financial workers leaned out office windows, taunting the demonstrators and waving 10 pound notes at them.

what % of these protestors are employed? any?

I would be curious to see this statistic as well.

_45623780_riots__h.jpg

Liberal Arts interpretation of e=mc². You're doing it wrong, by the way.

I wonder if they make their own clothes? Walk every where? Grow their own food and cook it over a wood fire? Use smoke signals to communicate?

Losers

I wonder if they make their own clothes? Walk every where? Grow their own food and cook it over a wood fire? Use smoke signals to communicate?

Losers

Oh no. They planned all of this using Google to look up Twitter (for fast and entirely pointless <140 character communications) on their Apple MacBooks. Then they used their Apple iPhones to call each other on Cingular's 3G network. In order to plan their "anti-establishment" protest better, they met face-to-face at a Starbucks. How'd they get there you ask? Well, they flew. On a Boeing made 737 flown by United Airlines.

Yes, their standpoint is solid. Corporations are baaaaaad.

what pisses me off about this is these douchebags would be starving to death without capitalism and certainly would not have the means to travel to london to protest capitalism. guys and gals like this would get chewed up and spit out in a communist society.

what pisses me off about this is these douchebags would be starving to death without capitalism and certainly would not have the means to travel to london to protest capitalism. guys and gals like this would get chewed up and spit out in a communist society.

A guy I work with had a good suggestion. Have a military takeover of Zimbabwe (sp?).....drop these idiots in and put them in charge and say "its yours, fix it, but you can't ever leave."

Let's see how well that works out for them.

A guy I work with had a good suggestion. Have a military takeover of Zimbabwe (sp?).....drop these idiots in and put them in charge and say "its yours, fix it, but you can't ever leave."

Let's see how well that works out for them.

+1 there

We are becoming a society full of spoiled brats who have nothing better to do with their worthless lives, because the degree they have is in nothing useful: Philosophy, Literature, or some other pap that doesn't produce squat but costs society a ton. (I'm not saying these aren't important, but there just isn't a huge job market out there for those kinds of educations)

The point about the ipods and flying on jets is hilarious as well, and it just shows that usually these morons have no clue what they are talking about.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ropes.

r3479286245.jpg

Passing the buck.

r3537279363.jpg

Cute butt, ya think?

r1977175174.jpg

Not me, Barry did it.

We have moved down from hand-holding to bowing...

EDIT: You know, that bothers me a lot that he did that. Americans are in no way subject to some archaic backwards kingdom and their primitive concepts of inherited rule. He owes the American people an apology. We are supposed to be better than that.

Last edited:
Oh no. They planned all of this using Google to look up Twitter (for fast and entirely pointless <140 character communications) on their Apple MacBooks. Then they used their Apple iPhones to call each other on Cingular's 3G network. In order to plan their "anti-establishment" protest better, they met face-to-face at a Starbucks. How'd they get there you ask? Well, they flew. On a Boeing made 737 flown by United Airlines.

Yes, their standpoint is solid. Corporations are baaaaaad.

Oh man....this totally wins.

We have moved down from hand-holding to bowing...

EDIT: You know, that bothers me a lot that he did that. Americans are in no way subject to some archaic backwards kingdom and their primitive concepts of inherited rule. He owes the American people an apology. We are supposed to be better than that.

The hand holding thing is cultural and indicates brotherhood, the deep bow means quite something else.

nm_g20_uk_090402_main.jpg

If anything, you all can get off the "Obama is a Muslim" trip. Muslims bow to noone but Allah.

If anything, you all can get off the "Obama is a Muslim" trip. Muslims bow to noone but Allah.

Bottom line; Barry embarrassed the holy crap out of himself and anyone else who supports the smarmy jerk.

Published: September 11, 2005, 00:00

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia on Saturday banned citizens from kissing his, or any of the royal family member’s hands saying it was against his cultural values and religious values.

“Brothers, there is something in my mind that I want to tell you. Kissing hands is something alien to our values and ethics, and is refused by free and honest people,” he is quoted by daily Saudi newspaper Arab News as saying.

“It also leads to bowing, which is a violation of God’s law. The faithful bow to no one but God.” The custodian of the Two Holy Mosques continued.

“I announce my complete rejection of this matter, and I ask everyone to restrain from kissing the hands of anyone but their parents,” the monarch said.

It is absolutely incredible that 18 other nations would know proper protocol and we would not, absolutely incredible!!!!

bowingtoSaudiKing.jpg

our president should bow to no one. pathetic. can you imagine how weak this makes us look in the muslim world?

VN Store

Back