stock market was up today...

joevol320

it was actually up this morning, for at an hour. but now it's back down. :no:

Last edited:
get use to it, aig was constantly between 1.40-2.20 before obama got in. now he's in yesterday you could've bought it at .35 cents. haven't even looked today.

You all are unbelievable. Take some responsibility since you voted for Bush for 8 years and quit trying to pass all of these problems off on Obama and the Democratic party. Things didn't just take a turn for the worse overnight. This all has been in play for quite some time now.

Just because this forum is heavily Republican and you all agree with each other, it doesn't make you right.

OWB when will it stop being Bush's fault? You know, this Admin. has to step up to the plate at some point and time. When will it be Obama's fault in your eyes? One more thing, do you really think Obama has nothing to do with this market going down???

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
You all are unbelievable. Take some responsibility since you voted for Bush for 8 years and quit trying to pass all of these problems off on Obama and the Democratic party. Things didn't just take a turn for the worse overnight. This all has been in play for quite some time now.

Just because this forum is heavily Republican and you all agree with each other, it doesn't make you right.

the stock market was up for 85% of Bush's presidency, things didn't start going downhill until the dems won majorities in both houses of Congress.

Obama also joined the filibuster of a senate bill aimed at curbing the abuses of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It was one of the few things he did as a US senator, the rest of the time, if he wasn't sponsoring meaningless bills or lying about his involvement with others, he was running for President.

:lolabove: take an economics class.

better yet. look what Bush did in his 1st year. he cut taxes for everyone during the clinton recession and 9/11. We had growth every quarter until the last year of his presidency. investors saw that they weren't going to get the crap taxed out of them and they were encouraged to invest. you are really clueless about economics.

the fact is that the economy being in the crapper and anything bush did was well discounted into the market before obama came into office. people who say the economic news is why the market has continued to drop under obama don't understand that the stock market is a leading indicator, not a lagging indicator like GDP and unemployment. people were extremely negative about the future of the economy when obama took over. remember the stock market was already down 40% which is discounting a major recession already. There is no doubt in my mind that obama has caused this further 25% drop with his policies and rhetoric. this isn't political. i'd be critisizing any president who suggested raising taxes during a major economic collapse.

Last edited:
:lolabove: take an economics class.

better yet. look what Bush did in his 1st year. he cut taxes for everyone during the clinton recession and 9/11. We had growth every quarter until the last year of his presidency. investors saw that they weren't going to get the crap taxed out of them and they were encouraged to invest. you are really clueless about economics.
Yeah, let's talk about the surplus Clinton left us and the record setting deficit Bush left us.

Reactions: 2 people
the fact is that the economy being in the crapper and anything bush did was well discounted into the market before obama came into office. people who say the economic news is why the market has continued to drop under obama don't understand that the stock market is a leading indicator, not a lagging indicator like GDP and unemployment. people were extremely negative about the future of the economy when obama took over. remember the stock market was already down 40% which is discounting a major recession already. There is no doubt in my mind that obama has caused this further 25% drop with his policies and rhetoric. this isn't political. i'd be critisizing any president who suggested raising taxes during a major economic collapse.
Since I know you're involved with Wall Street and Wall Street is THE BIGGEST reason for all of our problems, I have a hard time taking anything you say too seriously. Sorry.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, let's talk about the surplus Clinton left us and the record setting deficit Bush left us.

clinton left during the greatest job bubble in the history of this country. it had nothing to do wiht his fiscal responsibilty. also if he had a democratic congress in the beginning i'm sure we'd be talking about the billions hillary's socialized healthcare are currently costing us.

Last edited:
Since I know you're involved with Wall Street and Wall Street is THE BIGGEST reason for all of our problems, I have a hard time taking anything you say too seriously. Sorry.

how is wall street the biggest reason for all our problems? because they owned a bunch of mortgages and the housing market tanked? that's wall street's fault? it's their fault that clinton changed the accounting rules in the late 90s and they have to write down their assets below fair market value? perhaps we need to look into why the housing market was so inflated. i'm sure record low interest rates in the late 90s and congress pressing fannie and fredddie to lend to anyone had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
clinton left during the greatest job bubble in the history of this country. it had nothing to do wiht his fiscal responsibilty. also if he had a democratic congress i'm sure we'd be talking about the billions hillary's socialized healthcare are currently costing us.
So you're saying Clinton didn't leave us a surplus?

how is wall street the biggest reason for all our problems? because they owned a bunch of mortgages and the housing market tanked? that's wall street's fault? it's their fault that clinton changed the accounting rules in the late 90s and they have to write down their assets below fair market value? perhaps we need to look into why the housing market was so inflated. i'm sure record low interest rates in the late 90s and congress pressing fannie and fredddie to lend to anyone had nothing to do with it.
:lolabove: Good God. You don't see how Wall Street is to blame? That's rich.

So you're saying Clinton didn't leave us a surplus?

I would give at the very least equal credit to the Republican majority that kept some of his more ambitious spending programs in check.

I would give at the very least equal credit to the Republican majority that kept some of his more ambitious spending programs in check.
Well KB, I guess you all have to hang your hat on something. Lord knows there's not much from the last 8 years. :good!:

If you are pissed about the deficit Bush left us with (as I am too), you must be furious at Obama. Is that correct?

Well KB, I guess you all have to hang your hat on something. Lord knows there's not much from the last 8 years. :good!:

if al gore was named president do you really think we'd be in better shape? if so why?

VN Store

Back