Historians rank top Presidents on Leadership

The rankings change with time. Harry Truman was less popular than Bush when he left office. If Iraq should become a stable democracy in the Middle East, his position will ascend.

you mean the Obamassiah hasn't made the list yet? he's a Harvard Grad ya know.

Not surprised by either Bush.However I thought that Clinton was a shoe in for top ten!

Please. Carter ahead of anyone is an abortion. A was adisaster fiscally, but he was a better leader than Carter has ever dreamed of being.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How in the hell did Carter even make it on the list? I would rank him about 49 if I had to put him on the list.

well the emancipation proclamation was a joke, the suspension of habeas corpus,

Why was the emancipation proclamation a joke?

Many of the things Lincoln did were tough, but desperate times called for desperate measures. He, nearly single handedly, kept this a country.

well the proclomation was mainly a propaganda piece, it only freed slaves in recaptured southern territories, it did not free slaves in slave states that did not leave the union (KY, MD, etc) in fact if it wasnt for the battle of gettysburg lincoln would not have won re-election, im not by any means some idiot that thinks the south will rise again, but i just doubt lincoln

JFK should also be way down the list. His time was too short to form an opinion one way or another. Not knocking the guy but had he lived on his time in office might not have lived up to the hype.

JFK should also be way down the list. His time was too short to form an opinion one way or another. Not knocking the guy but had he lived on his time in office might not have lived up to the hype.

agreed,

well the proclomation was mainly a propaganda piece, it only freed slaves in recaptured southern territories, it did not free slaves in slave states that did not leave the union (KY, MD, etc) in fact if it wasnt for the battle of gettysburg lincoln would not have won re-election, im not by any means some idiot that thinks the south will rise again, but i just doubt lincoln
Doubt Lincoln all you'd like, but be faced the biggest challenge to this nation's sovereignty and came out on top. The lone other leader in his league is Washington, who held our pitiful Army together by the sheer force of his personality.

Doubt Lincoln all you'd like, but be faced the biggest challenge to this nation's sovereignty and came out on top. The lone other leader in his league is Washington, who held our pitiful Army together by the sheer force of his personality.

no doubt that was a rough time in out nations history, however i dont think lincoln deserves the hype, even though his plan for reconstruction would have been the best for the south considering johnson was a tyrant ,,, i think George Washington should be numero uno on the list.

if you get a chance read the book, The Real Lincoln

I think people forget Carter lost the popular vote to Reagan by 9%. For comparison, McCain lost to Obama by 7%. He was not the widely unpopular President people have tried to portray him as of late.

Actually, Sherman's capture of Atlanta is what won Lincoln reelection.

The fact that Andrew Jackson is not in the top 10 makes this list a joke. Keep in mind that Jackson was the only president ever to pay off the national debt. LBJ and Carter shouldn't be in the top 40.

Actually, Sherman's capture of Atlanta is what won Lincoln reelection.

The fact that Andrew Jackson is not in the top 10 makes this list a joke. Keep in mind that Jackson was the only president ever to pay off the national debt. LBJ and Carter shouldn't be in the top 40.

i think the trail of tears is what kicked AJ out, i disagree with him being out of the top 10, but i think thats why. The Indian Removal was a natural evolution of the Monroe Doctrine and Manifest Destiny

i think the trail of tears is what kicked AJ out, i disagree with him being out of the top 10, but i think thats why. The Indian Removal was a natural evolution of the Monroe Doctrine and Manifest Destiny

I agree. Indian removal was absolutely neccessary.

VN Store

Back