Al Gore's Houseboat

volinbham

VN GURU
Pajamas Media » Gore Hits the Waves with a Massive New Houseboat

And now, in order to complete his hypocrisy trifecta, Al Gore may now be extending his excessive consumption to the water as well. In an amazing display of conspicuous consumption, even for Al Gore, his new 100-foot houseboat that docks at the Hurricane Marina in Smithville, Tennessee is creating a critical buzz among many of his former congressional constituents. Dubbed “Bio-Solar One,” which may reflect some latent Air Force One envy, Gore has proudly strutted the small-town dock claiming that his monstrous houseboat is environmentally friendly. (Only Al Gore would name his boat B.S. One and not get the joke. Or perhaps the joke is on us?)

what about it VN?

Forget the environment, his advocacy for the poor is beginning to rival that of Teddy K, bless his heart.

Nice boat Al. Don't remember seeing that in your movie. Oh yea, I didn't watch your puff piece.

Is this Steve Gill the same Steve Gill that has a talk radio show in Nashville?

Is this Steve Gill the same Steve Gill that has a talk radio show in Nashville?

yeah.

so? sure, Gill doesn't like Gore and has definitely added some editorial opinion to the story, but the basic facts are true. Gore buys a 100ft. houseboat that is supposedly super green and runs on bio-diesel (which isn't currently offered at the marina where it's docked).

I'm sure a tree or two were planted in Darfur to offset the carbon used to build the boat.

isn't he a career politician? how do these guys get this rich if they aren't crooks?

al gore was obama before Obama was obama.

winning an Oscar, the Nobel prize and authoring a couple of best selling books on global warming hysteria can increase your bank significantly.

plus, his family was already rich. They own massive tobacco farms in middle Tennessee. Ironic, huh?

yeah.

so? sure, Gill doesn't like Gore and has definitely added some editorial opinion to the story, but the basic facts are true. Gore buys a 100ft. houseboat that is supposedly super green and runs on bio-diesel (which isn't currently offered at the marina where it's docked).

I'm sure a tree or two were planted in Darfur to offset the carbon used to build the boat.

And, I just asked if it was the same Steve Gill, that's all. Curious because the name was familar, don't listen to him so I can't make an argument for or against him writing this.

He gets to his boat on this little beauty. (with apologies to those who have seen this)

Attachments

• Gore54.jpg
    Gore54.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 5
The honest answer is that Al Gore's family was rich. He was wealthy before he ever worked a day in his life.
that's true, but his earnings from his GW crusades have apparently netted him somewhere north of $100 million.

Don't forget that he did invent the internet

In the little research I did I saw that he was on the board at Google (pre-IPO) and received shares. He also had some position (board?) with Apple - so I guess the Internet is paying him back.

VN Store

Back