Death penalty

He kidnapped, raped, tortured and killed Junny and asked not to recieve the death penalty because it was cruel and unusual punishment.

I've always been torn on the death penalty. I think there are some people who are indeed pure evil, this guy seems to fit that mold. I think we as a country have it about right, if there are extreme cases of especially heinous crimes we should pursue the death sentence but we must be careful and very vigilant that innocent people are not executed.

personally i think i would've tortured him for a while before killing him...that's just me. i think i'm to cruel for most

Man it's a hard subject because people like that...you think "Man he deserves to die" But in reality there is only one God that should determine when you leave Earth or not. No matter how evil they are. Because whether anyone feels like he "deserves" it or not it's still murder.

But God will take care of him in the long run

That is kind of how I feel too. It's a hard topic, but a good thread Fine! I've responded three times and keep erasing my response, I get so pissed off I start getting mean and thinking what I would do if it were my family and I start talking torture. In short, I support the death penalty, I just think we should use it more.

Man it's a hard subject because people like that...you think "Man he deserves to die" But in reality there is only one God that should determine when you leave Earth or not. No matter how evil they are. Because whether anyone feels like he "deserves" it or not it's still murder.

But God will take care of him in the long run

I think that God looks at this as punishment, not murder. The Bible is full of death as a punishment stories. I believe that capital punishment is fine. I wish we would bring back public hanging.

I think that God looks at this as punishment, not murder. The Bible is full of death as a punishment stories. I believe that capital punishment is fine. I wish we would bring back public hanging.

Yeah, that would go a long way towards further desensitizing the public towards violence.

I've always had a hard time with the death penalty. I have always believed in it because there are some truly sick people that deserve it. However, nothing we can do to them on Earth can complain to what God will do to them.

Do you really think that God is okay with capital punishment?

I think as long as the public and the judicial system realizes the gravity of capital punishment and all the implications it is ok. To make it clearer for you child molesters/killers should receive the death penalty IMHO because they have been shown through study to be very likely to repeat and are not rehabilitated. Same could be said for serial killers and those who commit premeditated murder. While people who commit premeditated murder are not very likely to offend again they showed the willingness to plan murder and follow through with it, they too should receive the death penalty.

I mean I agree with the death penalty...actually I think that rapist should be castrated. But the only think thing that stands out in my mind would be the commandment thou shall not kill...

Last edited:
I mean I agree with the death penalty...actually I think that rapist should be castrated, but the only thing I can thing I can think of would be the commandment thou shall not kill.

The better translation for that passage is "Thou Shalt Not Murder".

Okay...don't get me wrong like I said I am for it...but do you don't think that is murdering someone?

The Bible also states that we should follow the laws of our land and murder, rape are prohibited. There are punishments set forth for those offenses in advance and we all know the possible consequences. That is where the split between murder and punishment is for me.

I say start televising it so all the weirdos that are considering doing something like what this P.O.S. did may reconsider it before they take a childs life and put an entire family thru hell. Public hangings are a great idea come to think of it...

To be clear I think crimes of passion or murder that happens in the heat of an argument should not bring the death penalty. We are emotional beings and good people can do terrible things. Those people should be punished by incarceration for life or at least the vast majority of their life.

I say start televising it so all the weirdos that are considering doing something like what this P.O.S. did may reconsider it before they take a childs life and put an entire family thru hell. Public hangings are a great idea come to think of it...

Public executions would probably have no effect on people like these. They are driven by an impulsive and or very deep rooted urge to act on their fantasies. They are truly disturbed people.

To be clear I think crimes of passion or murder that happens in the heat of an argument should not bring the death penalty. We are emotional beings and good people can do terrible things. Those people should be punished by incarceration for life or at least the vast majority of their life.

I totally am agreeing with you lately :)

But I also see girlie' point of castration. I bet if everybody thought they would lose everything down there, they'd never do those horrible things.

Death is too easy an out for the people that actually get the death penalty. Long term suffering is what his soul needed.

And as for the religious side of it - all he needed to do is pray with the padre during his last meal and ask for forgiveness to clean his slate with God, right?

VN Store

Back