Millennials outraged at stereotypes...and react stereotypically

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation ribbons and napping stations | Fox News

In an effort to bring younger fans to the ballpark, the Montgomery Biscuits are hosting "Millennial Night" this weekend, but their advertising on social media set off an eruption of mixed feedback from the very group they’re trying to attract.

The Tampa Bay Rays’ Double-A affiliate, currently with a record of 15-11, tweeted last week: “Want free things without doing much work? Well you're in luck! Riverwalk Stadium will be millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21, with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados.”

Vice president of fan engagement, Mike Murphy, told Fox News this is just one of 70 promotions the Biscuits offer for their home games, ranging from Outdoors Night to Military Wednesdays and Autism Friendly Night.“

80 percent of the people in our front office are millennials, myself included, and we’re just having fun with some of the clichés that people point out about millennials,” Murphy said.

The tweet advertising Millennial Night has since gone viral, with nearly 700 retweets, 600 comments and 1,500 favorites.

The backlash on Twitter was swift, criticizing the post for its insensitivity and thoughtlessness.

Reactions: 2 people
Also, what’s autism friendly night?

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly the most embarassing millenials are by far conservatives.
Ya'll have a whole generation of incel freaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
As that nerd didn’t understand itot, do you really expect the article to post every single piece of negativity. Like I already said, check it out on Twitter. It’s funny.

How about just a couple quotes than can support the thesis of the article? Is that too much to ask? I assume that's the best they got

Reactions: 1 person
Autism night is a play off the significant number of millenial's belief that vaccines are the cause of it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back