Who really has the Data?

Orangeburst

Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
Ok. Regardless of political leaning, I would ask everyone to open google.com. Type in one alphabetic letter in search and look at the 10 in the drop down box.
Do it for each letter.

The initial 10 results are not in alphabetical order and even a little disclaimer at bottom right "report inappropriate suggestions". The thing that concerns me is I see results for my PC activity as well as obscure cash purchases at a restaurant, or iPhone searches through my company phone. It would seem that even my GPS data is used.

The algorithms of one device is one thing, but this is cross sharing of info between devices, which would incur collaboration and selling of history between companies. Notice all the Privacy Policies you have been getting. Even on my TV.

Give it a try.

Snowden proved we are all being monitored. All of our info is being recorded and stored without our consent or cooperation. And there isnt a damn thing we can do about it.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok. Regardless of political leaning, I would ask everyone to open google.com. Type in one alphabetic letter in search and look at the 10 in the drop down box.
Do it for each letter.

The initial 10 results are not in alphabetical order and even a little disclaimer at bottom right "report inappropriate suggestions". The thing that concerns me is I see results for my PC activity as well as obscure cash purchases at a restaurant, or iPhone searches through my company phone. It would seem that even my GPS data is used.

The algorithms of one device is one thing, but this is cross sharing of info between devices, which would incur collaboration and selling of history between companies. Notice all the Privacy Policies you have been getting. Even on my TV.

Give it a try.

Facebook has a lot.

Google has everything. Really scary when you think about it.

I switched search engine to DuckDuckGo - no tracking

Facebook has a lot.

Google has everything. Really scary when you think about it.

I switched search engine to DuckDuckGo - no tracking

It is not just Google. It is platform based sharing, even though there is no intercommunication between devices.

How would my company iPhone translate preference to a personal PC. I am wireless now on PC and the device is a "sniffer" for all data regardless of device inter-connectivity.

It is not just Google. It is platform based sharing, even though there is no intercommunication between devices.

How would my company iPhone translate preference to a personal PC. I am wireless now on PC and the device is a "sniffer" for all data regardless of device inter-connectivity.

I agree. Creepy and a huge problem.

I could see several of the big tech companies going down over this.

I agree. Creepy and a huge problem.

I could see several of the big tech companies going down over this.

I hate that the EU is fining Google $5 billion as we go down the rabbit hole, but this data collection is possible and real blackmail for everyone, including election officials.

Who is God's name controls the dissemination of one's history? The Utah center and who controls and manipulates it?

Surely the "Super Sniffer" has all of Hills, Comey's, Strzok, ad nauseum, emails. Or is it that it is off limits yet to alert the public more so?

They are shills for the Deep State while also making a sh!t ton of money off your data.

Don't worry, it's all done to make your life easier and more fruitful.

I've deleted my facebook and don't use it. I basically use the same websites. It is a shame though.

I keep getting ads for Tissot watches, Aston Martins, and Asian massage parlors..and thats my work computer... I don't understand any of it.

Do it for each letter.

Give it a try.

Are you signed into your personal Google across these multiple devices?

No doubt these companies track everything, including location, but you need to be signed into the same account for them to recognize you across devices, which most people are.

No doubt these companies track everything, including location, but you need to be signed into the same account for them to recognize you across devices, which most people are.

^ This

If I log onto my work computer to check my email I get the ads I see at home. I'm not logged in and all I see are toyota and pet food ads..not my bag.

Every "smart" electronic device has some capability to gather information on you. Didn't Snoward release information showing how the NSA can use anyones Smart TV as a listening device?

They track people that aren't even on their platform.

I don't think signing in is required for their data collection. It just makes it easier.

They track people that aren't even on their platform.

I don't think signing in is required for their data collection. It just makes it easier.

Yep, most definitely. They can even listen to us on our phones and any other mic'd up device.

Stay away from the Amazon Echo and other similar devices.

^ This

If I log onto my work computer to check my email I get the ads I see at home. I'm not logged in and all I see are toyota and pet food ads..not my bag.

When Freak is saying Google account, is he talking about gmail?

I have gmail for my work iPhone, but use a ISP account for my PC, and Outlook for my work laptop.

The thing is the google.com test on my PC using a single letter shows suggestions for places or things that only my phone would know.

Search results for my work laptop and PC are the exact same. Search results for phone show mostly similar.

Just find it very odd how all three devices show the same, especially since I never sign on to my gmail account on my PC.

I have gmail for my work iPhone, but use a ISP account for my PC, and Outlook for my work laptop.

The thing is the google.com test on my PC using a single letter shows suggestions for places or things that only my phone would know.

Search results for my work laptop and PC are the exact same. Search results for phone show mostly similar.

Just find it very odd how all three devices show the same, especially since I never sign on to my gmail account on my PC.

Do you use Chrome browser? Sign into Chrome with gmail ID?

Yep. They share data. Everything is in a relational database these days and easily searchable with full text searches enabled. Very well indexed as well and clustered.

Yes. Gmail is part of your google account. If you use Chrome or have an android phone you have a google account. Its synced up across all platforms. One of the reasons I do not log into my google account at work is because of some rather..questionable bookmarks..that Chrome tries to sync...

So I can look at a Swiss watch on my home computer then come to work and pull out my laptop thats been off for a week and get watch ads everywhere because it synced.

Also any organization collecting data on you most likely will turn over all the information it has on you to pretty much anyone on a whim. Had a brother work in the NSA..told me some things..

Yes. Gmail is part of your google account. If you use Chrome or have an android phone you have a google account. Its synced up across all platforms. One of the reasons I do not log into my google account at work is because of some rather..questionable bookmarks..that Chrome tries to sync...

So I can look at a Swiss watch on my home computer then come to work and pull out my laptop thats been off for a week and get watch ads everywhere because it synced.

It's called push marketing, and that's all it is right?

Do it for each letter.

Give it a try.

Are you ready? This is all the data Facebook and Google have on you | Dylan Curran | Opinion | The Guardian

VN Store

Back