Some Republican lawmakers want to arm toddlers

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
You can't make this **** up.

WATCH: GOP Lawmakers Push Arming Toddlers In Sacha Baron-Cohen Show – Talking Points Memo

Current and former Republican lawmakers endorsed a fake program to train and arm children as young as four years old, part of comedian Sacha Baron-Cohen’s new Showtime series.

An abbreviated clip from the show posted to Twitter by musician and writer Mikel Joellett Saturday night, and later posted in full by Showtime Sunday, showed Former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-MS) reading an endorsement of something called the “Kinderguardians Program” while looking into the camera.

“We in America would be wise to implement it,” Lott says. “It’s something that we should think about, America, about putting guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens — good guys — whether they be teachers, or whether they actually be talented children or highly trained preschoolers.”

Current Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) then posits that “young people trained and understand [sic] how to defend themselves” would make schools “safer.”

“A three-year-old cannot defend itself from a assault rifle by throwing a Hello Kitty pencil case at it,” Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) says, seemingly also reading from a prepared text.

Former congressman Joe Walsh (R-IL) makes an appearance, advertising that the program would be available to “specially selected children from 12 to four years old,” and would provide training in “pistols, rifles, semi-automatics, and a rudimentary knowledge of mortars.”

“In less than a month — less than a month! — a first grader can become a First Grenader,” Walsh says.

Larry Pratt, the executive director emeritus of Gun Owners of America, adds that “toddlers are pure, uncorrupted by fake news and homosexuality.”

Just unbelievable. And I am sure there is at least 1 person here who supports this.

Reactions: 4 people
I shot a .22 rifle with dad's supervision in summer after kindergarten. I was 6.

Reactions: 1 person
The show itself is clearly satire. The responses by the politicians, however, are not.

You think Joe Walsh is promoting children learning to operate a mortar.

I know it’s satire, but does no one ever think the targets are in on it? Do you think all the people on The Daily Show or Colbert Report had no idea who they were talking to?

You think Joe Walsh is promoting children learning to operate a mortar.

I know it’s satire, but does no one ever think the targets are in on it? Do you think all the people on The Daily Show or Colbert Report had no idea who they were talking to?

Yea it’s so fake that Palin was pissed that she was duped. Walsh is for it cause people like the NRA line his pockets

Reactions: 7 people
Why do left wingers get all their news from satire comedy shows?..

But seriously the Blink-182 pheromone that is naturally found in 3 to 4 year old would make them excellent at close quarters combat.

This is Borat / Ali G / Bruno done all over again. Nothing new for Cohen.

Any of you all remember Bruno getting on to the Alabama sidelines during what I believe was the Third Saturday in October? At least Cohen never made it into Neyland

I shot a .22 rifle with dad's supervision in summer after kindergarten. I was 6.

An employee of mine has a boy and girl that were shooting an AR at 5 years old. Taught gun and hunting safety and everything that encompasses that. The boy is now 9 and has killed a deer every year since during hunting season. It is never too early to teach children about gun safety.

Thank goodness my stepdad did. I believe I was 7 or 8 when I found a loaded .44 Magnum in my drug-dealing dad’s glove box.

An employee of mine has a boy and girl that were shooting an AR at 5 years old. Taught gun and hunting safety and everything that encompasses that. The boy is now 9 and has killed a deer every year since during hunting season. It is never too early to teach children about gun safety.

Thank goodness my stepdad did. I believe I was 7 or 8 when I found a loaded .44 Magnum in my drug-dealing dad’s glove box.

I don't remember how old I was but I shot guns at an early age. My father always stressed safety and taught me how to carry them, hold them and what to never do before he let me even learn how to load them.

I don't remember how old I was but I shot guns at an early age. My father always stressed safety and taught me how to carry them, hold them and what to never do before he let me even learn how to load them.

I was squirrel hunting on my own with my gun by 10. Of course I was raised by people with common sense who knew which bathroom to use and such. Love don't get that. 😁

Reactions: 3 people
I was squirrel hunting on my own with my gun by 10. Of course I was raised by people with common sense who knew which bathroom to use and such. Love don't get that. 😁

I had a Daisy 880 at that age. I could shoot a hole all the way through a black bird and leave an exit wound about the size of a nickel when shooting pellets.
That was one bad ass little BB/pellet gun

Reactions: 2 people

I think I started shooting around 8 and took the hunter safety course when I was 9. I loved all the videos about buck fever and bullets ricocheting off ponds into children 2 miles away. For the live fire test there was one .22 with jacked up sights and instead of saying something the old men there let me use it. Took me several shots to get it on the paper. I managed to wing one clay pigeon with a 12ga semi, I had only used a single shot junior 20ga prior so I was pretty pleased with myself.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought Borat was great. I thought the dictator was funny. Watched the new show on Showtime..impossible to get past the opening Bernie Sanders bit.

VN Store

Back