Sarah Huckabee-Sanders Asked to Leave Restaurant

Predictions on what comes next in this story?

Red Hen restaurant given some awards by people on the left
Red Hen restaurant boycotted by people on the right.
People claim the SCOTUS just allowed this type of behavior with cake case.

liberal-tolerance-paradox.jpg

Reactions: 19 people
Reactions: 2 people

People on the left will line up to eat there now.

I don't like the situation but I don't think its something to be outraged over.

Those on the right push this story to get attention.

The left ignores it as best they can.

Add political ideology as a protected category. Until then, descrimination is legal as long as it is not based on one of the protected categories (race, sex, national origin, religion, etc.)

I think it’s a great workaround.

You want a cake with two guys on it? Did you vote for Hillary? Sorry folks I don’t bake cakes for Democrats.

Reactions: 7 people

You want a cake with two guys on it? Did you vote for Hillary? Sorry folks I don’t bake cakes for Democrats.

Republican cakes only...

Seen something similar to that in the past. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

Reactions: 1 person
Add political ideology as a protected category. Until then, descrimination is legal as long as it is not based on one of the protected categories (race, sex, national origin, religion, etc.)

Chill pettifogger.....no one said the owner did not have the right to ask her to leave......

Left leaning groups will cheer. Right leaning PACs will be fundraising off this within days.

I'm all for adding categories for protection. I don't think you should be able to discriminate for stupid reasons, like sexual orientation and politics. Throw it all in there. You guys are usually the ones in favor of letting proprietors decide who they serve and who they don't.

I was talking about the principle of it rather than the legality.

I'm not outraged at all. To be outraged I'd need to be shocked or surprised it happened.

Wasn't a dig at you. Was talking in general terms.

I don't have an issue with her being asked to leave.

If she had been surrounded and harassed, thats where I would have had a problem.

I'm all for adding categories for protection. I don't think you should be able to discriminate for stupid reasons, like sexual orientation and politics. Throw it all in there. You guys are usually the ones in favor of letting proprietors decide who they serve and who they don't.

It already happens all the time - just more covertly. This is just an overt example.

Prejudice in buyer/seller relationships is real and practiced widely and frequently across the political spectrum.

Wasn't a dig at you. Was talking in general terms.

I don't have an issue with her being asked to leave.

If she had been surrounded and harassed, that where I have a problem.

i know - just clarifying why I posted it to begin with.

To me it's just one more example of the inability of our tribes to be civil with each other.

I just imagine the uproar and CNN coverage when a Democrat gets asked to leave. When that happens, the establishment will get labeled racist, sexist, intolerable, etc. The left refuses to admit their own hypocrisy even when it slaps them in the face.

Reactions: 7 people
I was being facetious. Should have used blue font...

I got it. From perusing article comments on the subject it's clear that your prediction (and mine) is true. Lot's of "that's what you get" and "now you see how it feels" or "since you said this about bakers..."

people suck.

i know - just clarifying why I posted it to begin with.

To me it's just one more example of the inability of our tribes to be civil with each other.

You started to see the beginnings of the incivility in the 90's during the height of the Clinton/Limbaugh era and we've just seen it get gradually worse ever since.

I don't understand it. If I owned a restaurant, I would welcome anyone who wanted to spend their time and money in my establishment (even 1972 grad and squints :) )... Now, having said that, her dad called it 'bigotry' and maybe it is but what about Trump's own intolerance of those who do not share his opinions? He expresses that all the time. I have never heard Mike Huckabee do anything but defend Trump even when Trump was calling the neo-nazi's in Charlottesville 'mostly good people'.

VN Store

Back