Biggest Wackadoo in Congress. Who you got?

I'll go with "freed slave" "that's my first class seat" Shelia Jackson Lee.

Rep. Jackson Lee warns against more spending cuts: 'We're at the bone almost' | TheHill

Rep. Jackson Lee suspects she was accused in United incident because she'''s '''an African American woman'''

Jackson Lee again named 'meanest' Congress member - Houston Chronicle

For Jackson Lee, it's not the first time she's won the "meanest" title. These wins might have something to do with this: An analysis done by they Houston Chronicle in 2011 revealed the congresswoman had the highest turnover among staff in the Houston delegation over the past decade.

Former Houston Chronicle columnist Rick Casey spoke to several former aides to Jackson Lee who all spoke of her erratic and abusive behavior in the workplace. Among the weird stories was one that involved her constituents' funerals.

"One job of aides is to cull the obituaries," Casey wrote. "One told friends of taking her to five funerals in one day, and of hating to have to ask the families if they would allow her to speak."

Other staff have also come forward to the Houston Press and the Daily Caller with similar and not-so-similar stories of the congresswoman's behavior.

The Constitution Is 400 Years Old and More Pearls From Sheila Jackson Lee

Nice list here including thinking Neil Armstrong was on Mars (a member of House Science Committee).

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Pee lo cee

x6evpj.jpg

Yelling 'Wolf' in a Crowded Theater? Nancy Pelosi Flunks Constitutional Law | National Review

Nancy Pelosi's unraveling is a sad sight - Washington Times

Nancy Pelosi's catastrophically bad answer on John Conyers - CNNPolitics

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
done - she will be tough to beat

How about Glenn Grothman (R - Wisconsin, House of Representatives from the 6th District) ? ...

There are so many weird stories and quotes from him, it's hard to know where to start. He's basically Jesse Helms meets Archie Bunker. Here is a small sampling:

* In defending his support for Governor Scott Walker's decision to repeal the Wisconsin Equal Pay Act, he said this, "You could argue that money is more important for men. I think a guy in their first job, maybe because they expect to be a breadwinner someday, may be a little more money-conscious." Nope, not sexist at all.

* He has frequently maintained that sex education should not be taught in schools. His rationale behind this, is that teachers who lead these talks might pursue an agenda to persuade students to become gay. An actual quote from him: "Part of the agenda which is left unsaid is that some of those who throw it out (homosexuality) as an option would like it if more kids became homosexuals."

* He especially hates anything which honors blacks. Grothman released a statement in December of 2012 which opposed Kwanzaa. In it, he said that we should "treat Kwanzaa with the contempt it deserves before it becomes a permanent part of our culture." His pet project though, is trying to remove Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday as a holiday. He has called state employees taking the day off as "an insult to all the other taxpayers around the state."

* And then there is just the flat out weird: Grothman is a vocal supporter of de-criminalizing raw milk sales. He has also voted against the ban on smoking in restaurants and other small businesses that became effective in July of 2010.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
How about Glenn Grothman (R - Wisconsin, House of Representatives from the 6th District) ? ...

There are so many weird stories and quotes from him, it's hard to know where to start. He's basically Jesse Helms meets Archie Bunker. Here is a small sampling:

* In defending his support for Governor Scott Walker's decision to repeal the Wisconsin Equal Pay Act, he said this, "You could argue that money is more important for men. I think a guy in their first job, maybe because they expect to be a breadwinner someday, may be a little more money-conscious." Nope, not sexist at all.

* He has frequently maintained that sex education should not be taught in schools. His rationale behind this, is that teachers who lead these talks might pursue an agenda to persuade students to become gay. An actual quote from him: "Part of the agenda which is left unsaid is that some of those who throw it out (homosexuality) as an option would like it if more kids became homosexuals."

* He especially hates anything which honors blacks. Grothman released a statement in December of 2012 which opposed Kwanzaa. In it, he said that we should "treat Kwanzaa with the contempt it deserves before it becomes a permanent part of our culture." His pet project though, is trying to remove Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday as a holiday. He has called state employees taking the day off as "an insult to all the other taxpayers around the state."

* And then there is just the flat out weird: Grothman is a vocal supporter of de-criminalizing raw milk sales. He has also voted against the ban on smoking in restaurants and other small businesses that became effective in July of 2010.
What town is he in? I may buy me a place so I can vote for him.

Reactions: 3 people
Supporting de-criminilization of raw milk is real. I grew up on raw milk.

That is one of the Obama era regulations.
I drank it many years ago from my grandparents' farm, but I didn't grow up on it. I didn't particularly like it.

VN Store

Back