Will Rosenstein be impeached?

Vol0725

It is just amazing. Rosenstein must think voters are deaf, dumb, and blind. We need transparency NOW! Bureaucrats work for us, the people. Congress is our representative to convey our will to the executive branch (also employed by us)--including jail if necessary to force Rosenstein to comply to subpoenaed documents.

Congress can remind the unelected that they answer to the elected...I guarantee if he (and maybe Wray) doesn’t comply again, the House ain’t playing this time.

William McGurn: Impeach Rod Rosenstein -- The showdown between DOJ and Congress is finally here | Fox News

Ryan expects Justice Department 'compliance,' doesn't rule out contempt of Rosenstein - CNNPolitics

Reactions: 3 people
Rosenstein's obstruction of Justice does deserve to be prosecuted. However, it begs the question, what doesnt he want Congress to find if he's willing to go to such lengths to keep those documents secret?

There's something deeper going on here.

Reactions: 2 people
Rosenstein's obstruction of Justice does deserve to be prosecuted. However, it begs the question, what doesnt he want Congress to find if he's willing to go to such lengths to keep those documents secret?

There's something deeper going on here.

I’ll be conservative, hopefully he’s just hiding embarrassments.
Because everything that’s been unredacted or said to have been about national security has been false in every situation, what it’s shown is embarrassing...but the other things ‘may’ be worse.

Reactions: 1 person
No he will not be impeached. RINO and Never Trumpers will never go for it.

If Trump wants to save his a$$, he needs to declassify the Docs and Fire RR.

Abolish ICE is a bad look for Dems. Impeachment proceedings against Rosenstein is an even worse look for the GOP. Do the knuckle-draggers in the freedom caucus even have the votes to get this out of the house?

Reactions: 4 people
Abolish ICE is a bad look for Dems. Impeachment proceedings against Rosenstein is an even worse look for the GOP. Do the knuckle-draggers in the freedom caucus even have the votes to get this out of the house?

RR should be gone. He’s earned that by now. But no it really isn’t a good look. But this keeps the heat on the BS that is Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller.

Rod Rosenstein is a weasel and needs to go. He makes the DOJ look awful.

Reactions: 4 people
To those more knowledgeable than me about the law, does impeachment proceedings need to pass both the House and Senate for the Deputy AG or does that only apply to the President?

It hasn't sunk in yet, but today's indictments are a huge development. For the first time, the Russian effort to interfere, and for the purpose of electing Trump, is layed out. Despite this, Trump is going forward with the meeting with Putin. He also called it a witch hunt again today.

But, it is increasingly clear that the Republicans cannot support Trump's attacks on the investigation much longer. They know that if the investigation shows he is compromised, and a case that they've in some way hindered that, then they'll go down with Trump.

As people discuss and process this in the halls of Congress, there is going to be real panic. Trump will still have their support, but it will be muted, more and more. The risk of being on the wrong side of history here is just too great.

And if after the meeting with Putin Trump announces some sort of concession to the Russians or reiterates the Putin denies interfering? I'm not sure but that they'll just have to abandon him at that point.

It hasn't sunk in yet, but today's indictments are a huge development. For the first time, the Russian effort to interfere, and for the purpose of electing Trump, is layed out. Despite this, Trump is going forward with the meeting with Putin. He also called it a witch hunt again today.

But, it is increasingly clear that the Republicans cannot support Trump's attacks on the investigation much longer. They know that if the investigation shows he is compromised, and a case that they've in some way hindered that, then they'll go down with Trump.

As people discuss and process this in the halls of Congress, there is going to be real panic. Trump will still have their support, but it will be muted, more and more. The risk of being on the wrong side of history here is just too great.

And if after the meeting with Putin Trump announces some sort of concession to the Russians or reiterates the Putin denies interfering? I'm not sure but that they'll just have to abandon him at that point.

Cool story bro. I'll take it as you agree with impeaching Rosenstein..

Reactions: 7 people

Just a bunch of mindless speculation here.

Cool story bro. I'll take it as you agree with impeaching Rosenstein..

It is too late. Now that there is solid evidence that the Russians interfered to help Trump win, any effort to thwart an investigation into why they did that is doomed. Trump has done many things which suggest that he is beholden to them. At this point, if Trump or the Republicans try to prevent finding out whether there is linkage to the Trump campaign, that will be extremely suspicious.

It is too late. Now that there is solid evidence that the Russians interfered to help Trump win, any effort to thwart an investigation into why they did that is doomed. Trump has done many things which suggest that he is beholden to them. At this point, if Trump or the Republicans try to prevent finding out whether there is linkage to the Trump campaign, that will be extremely suspicious.

You obviously havent read the charges.

Meh, I don't really care if they impeach RR or not, but I think it would be a bad move to try it.

We all know they really won't be able to anyway and I'm sure they know that. Its just political posturing at this point.

Meh, I don't really care if they impeach RR or not, but I think it would be a bad move to try it.

We all know they really won't be able to anyway and I'm sure they know that. Its just political posturing at this point.

I don't think so, either. But would be interesting if Trump fired him claiming it's because he isn't complying with Congress request.

I don’t think any of this has to do with collusion or Russia’s interference in our election. Once Mueller started dabbling in the trump empire I think he’ll look for money laundering, tax fraud etc. there’s a reason he’s getting most of his “bank loans” out of Russia now and I don’t think it has anything to do with him being president

Sure. The timing of this isn’t suspect at all. I wonder when Israel is going to charge Obama and his crew for meddling in their election process??

I don’t think any of this has to do with collusion or Russia’s interference in our election. Once Mueller started dabbling in the trump empire I think he’ll look for money laundering, tax fraud etc. there’s a reason he’s getting most of his “bank loans” out of Russia now and I don’t think it has anything to do with him being president

So, a witch hunt basically??

To those more knowledgeable than me about the law, does impeachment proceedings need to pass both the House and Senate for the Deputy AG or does that only apply to the President?

Yes, impeachment the same for all federal government officials subject to removal by impeachment. Impeached by House; trial in senate.

If the incriminating stuff is in the so called documents, then Trump will need to just release them at some point.

And I say "IF".

Rosenstein, I mean Himmler, will never cooperate with Congressional Oversight.

Maybe Trump is waiting for the right time or maybe he will never release anything and that is on him at this point.

Attachments

• Himmler_Rosenstein.jpg
    Himmler_Rosenstein.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back