Approval rating.

If the Dems can’t find a message and a candidate....that’s what re-election looks like

It doesn't look like things have changed much since November 8, 2016. Trump is very popular with voters who identify as Republicans (87%) but despite a strong economy, he still hasn't moved the needle with independent voters. His Real Clear Politics Average Approval Rating is at 43.6% which is high for where he has previously been (as low as 37.1% after the Charlottesville controversy) but still not something to be excited over.

There is no reason to think it won't be another close election in 2020 with Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan being the key states once again. (I think that remains true unless the Dems shoot themselves in the head with an Elizabeth Warren nomination).

Reactions: 2 people
They have Texas at 39. Will be interesting to see what Texas does as we get closer to election

I seriously doubt Texas will flip. Approval ratings notwithstanding, he'll carry Texas barring anything crazy over the next two years.

Texas will get on board come election time. Remember this is Cruz Home state. If he ain’t on it then next red candidate up.

I seriously doubt Texas will flip. Approval ratings notwithstanding, he'll carry Texas barring anything crazy over the next two years.

I tend to agree with you but they better fix this mess at the border of separating kids from their parents. Trump is trying to blame that on the Dems but it's not flying. The optics are terrible.

Reactions: 3 people
I tend to agree with you but they better fix this mess at the border of separating kids from their parents. Trump is trying to blame that on the Dems but it's not flying. The optics are terrible.

Terrible on both sides of the equation. Dems had a chance to sit down and work out the deal. Not that it was reported though.

It doesn't look like things have changed much since November 8, 2016. Trump is very popular with voters who identify as Republicans (87%) but despite a strong economy, he still hasn't moved the needle with independent voters. His Real Clear Politics Average Approval Rating is at 43.6% which is high for where he has previously been (as low as 37.1% after the Charlottesville controversy) but still not something to be excited over.

There is no reason to think it won't be another close election in 2020 with Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan being the key states once again. (I think that remains true unless the Dems shoot themselves in the head with an Elizabeth Warren nomination).

Close is relative. I wouldn’t consider a spread of 77 EC votes as “close,” but remind us about Hillary amassing 3M more votes and how it was her turn.

Our “democracy” has failed.

Also, Texas isn’t flipping, and Trump has similar approval ratings to those of Obama at this point in their respective terms.

Reactions: 1 person

I’m sorry, what?

Obama put them in the redesigned Walmart stores.

Close is relative. I wouldn’t consider a spread of 77 EC votes as “close,” but remind us about Hillary amassing 3M more votes and how it was her turn.

Also, Texas isn’t flipping, and Trump has similar approval ratings to those of Obama at this point in their respective terms.

The election was decided by 3 states (Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan). The 77 electoral votes you cite are all made up by those states which Trump won by a combined total of just 105,000 votes. That is indeed, very close.

Reactions: 6 people

Also, Texas isn’t flipping, and Trump has similar approval ratings to those of Obama at this point in their respective terms.[/QUOTE]

...and while that is true, the economy was not very strong just 1 1/2 years into Obama's first term. The recovery had just begun. The unemployment rate (as I recall) was still over 8%. It is not a good sign for any president to have an approval rating in the low 40's at a time when the economy is going strong. That either means that he isn't getting credit for it or there are other factors under consideration which are overriding the economy in the eyes of the American public.

Also, Texas isn’t flipping, and Trump has similar approval ratings to those of Obama at this point in their respective terms.[/QUOTE]

...and while that is true, the economy was not very strong just 1 1/2 years into Obama's first term. The recovery had just begun. The unemployment rate (as I recall) was still over 8%. It is not a good sign for any president to have an approval rating in the low 40's at a time when the economy is going strong. That either means that he isn't getting credit for it or there are other factors under consideration which are overriding the economy in the eyes of the American public.

Good grief, do these excuses cure your insomnia? Other than Looter, I’ve never seen anyone spin this much, like a record on a turntable, to justify why your party keeps getting its ass kicked.

This is pathetic, tidy bowl.

ETA:

The economy is strong? Most of y’all talk about how egregious the economy is under Trump, even though confidence and unemployment are at record levels.

Regardless of the economy under Obama, he was going to receive the same approval ratings because of his skin color. In other words, the SJWs, blacks, apologists, and staunch leftists were satisfied, no matter if reality rendered it untenable. I’ve never seen such faux, prententious allegiance, all because a black dude was elected as POTUS. Go ahead, dole out the “racism” card while you further mire yourself in ignorance. It’s the libtard way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Good grief, do these excuses cure your insomnia? Other than Looter, I’ve never seen anyone spin this much, like a record on a turntable, to justify why your party keeps getting its ass kicked.

Where did I make an excuse? Those are facts. Considering the current strength of the economy, 43.6% is a curiously low approval rating for a president.

ETA:

The economy is strong? Most of y’all talk about how egregious the economy is under Trump, even though confidence and unemployment are at record levels.

1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, 2016....... The democrats have won the majority in 6 of the last 7 national elections. Three in a row....2020 will make it four.

1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012, 2016....... The democrats have won the majority in 6 of the last 7 national elections. Three in a row....2020 will make it four.

That might be true in the past but the loony Dems have no leadership > no message > no vision for America that's better than what Trump is offering. The Dems can't just run on resist Trump all day everyday.

Face it man. The loony hateful Dems suck donkey balls.

You’d be amazed how many are Republicans. The blue areas are the large metro regions. Houston, Dallas, Austin. Ft Worth is solidly red.

True... but he still better get the situation going on at the border fixed. Blaming the dems for two years won't cut it. This is a Sessions policy. If we're still talking about children being separated at the border from parents seeking asylum in 2020? Texas will be in play.

The Mexicans and Central Americans that got to TX legally are as hard over if not more so than the Anglos on immigration. They did right so they don’t see why the illegals can’t. You see similar voices mentioned in CA but they are in the minority as compared to the libtards and illegals. But even now you see those voices speaking out in CA.

TX will stay red. In my county ( Collin Co ) we do have an influx of CA and North East “migrants” that is tinting this county color a bit. Driving our damn property values up ridiculously overpaying on real estate.

But at the end of the day never sell TX politics short. There’s politics, there’s slimy politics, and there’s TX politics. Not for the feint of heart. These guys play chess four or five moves ahead. Both Dems and Repubs.

VN Store

Back