People In Kansas Have New Accents With Spanish Pronunciations

Franklin Pierce

People in southwest Kansas have developed a new accent caused by the rapidly growing Hispanic population, researchers have discovered.

Researchers found the 'Liberal accent', named after the town of Liberal in Seward County, was particularly prominent among young people, including those who do not speak Spanish.

The Hispanic population of the area stood at 59 per cent in 2010, compared to around 20 per cent several decades ago.

Youths in southwest Kansas have developed a new accent | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: 2 people
Oh nooos. Do folks realize that the sing song accent of Minnesota (think Fargo, "ooh yah, you betcha") comes from Swedish. I guess that's all right though because, well, they're "like" us.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh nooos. Do folks realize that the sing song accent of Minnesota (think Fargo, "ooh yah, you betcha") comes from Swedish. I guess that's all right though because, well, they're "like" us.

I thought it was those damn Canadians.

.article-5850179/Former-Pro-Bowl-tight-end-Kellen-Winslow-Jr-charged-five-counts-including-rape.html

Wow..10 year NFL get, son of NFL player. Rapes 4 old ladies...sodomy, burglary...in his hummer driving to San Diego trailer parks to rape 80 year old women...we recruited him

.article-5850179/Former-Pro-Bowl-tight-end-Kellen-Winslow-Jr-charged-five-counts-including-rape.html

Wow..10 year NFL get, son of NFL player. Rapes 4 old ladies...sodomy, burglary...in his hummer driving to San Diego trailer parks to rape 80 year old women...we recruited him

I always hated this guy. I still remember his dumbass warrior comment when he and his canes got whooped by the Vols in Miami.

What a POS

VN Store

Back