Rand Paul Attacker Sentenced To 30 Days In Federal Prison

Franklin Pierce

The neighbor convicted of violently attacking Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul outside the senator's Kentucky home last year was sentenced Friday to 30 days in federal prison.

Rene Boucher, 59, was also ordered Friday to one year of supervised release, a $10,000 fine and 100 hours of community service, according to WBKO. He was also ordered to have no contact with the Paul family.

Neighbor who attacked Rand Paul sentenced to 30 days in prison | Fox News

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Nope - most first time assaults don't get any jail time.

But not all assaults are created equal. If you push me and I beat you up a little bit, of course I don't deserve jail time. If you're doing yard work on your property and I ambush you and beat the **** out of you without warning, I should be going to jail (or the ****ing loony bin).

Seems awfully light for assaulting a senator for no apparent reason.

I know someone who was assaulted for no good reason. A drugged out nut punched him in the face which caused fractures in his skull which the reconstructive surgeon said were consistent with what he sees from bad car crashes. He has multiple plates in his face and had to had his jaw wired shut for 2 months. The prosecutor said she didn't expect any jail time for him (one reason being due to jail overcrowding). It was only because my friend constantly pursued it that the judge decided to give him jail time - that and because it happened in a setting with many families and children. He was out in a couple months.

Last edited:
30 days sounds a little light for such a vicious assault.

Must be an upper middle class white guy.

If he is living next door to a U.S. Senator I would say he is likely not poor.

Will probably have no problem paying the $10,000 fine.

The perpetrator is a retired anesthesiologist. Seems this story is really over opposing yard maintenance habits, as hard as it is to believe that, with some petty jealousy thrown in.

The perpetrator is a retired anesthesiologist. Seems this story is really over opposing yard maintenance habits, as hard as it is to believe that, with some petty jealousy thrown in.

apparently he was mad about some brush piles on Paul's property that he could see.

he had some removed and tried to light fire to the remains and ended up getting second degree burns (karma).

then he attacked Paul.

Guy lost his dang mind.

Poor guy probably hadn't been laid in a couple years.

Had to release all that sexual frustration out on his neighbor next door.

apparently he was mad about some brush piles on Paul's property that he could see.

he had some removed and tried to light fire to the remains and ended up getting second degree burns (karma).

then he attacked Paul.

Guy lost his dang mind.

Paul also planted some trees that blocked his neighbor's views of the lake and "lessened his resale value". Seems this had been brewing for a while.

What's weird is a sitting Senator cuts his own grass. Ha.

Paul also planted some trees that blocked his neighbor's views of the lake and "lessened his resale value". Seems this had been brewing for a while.

He should have just cut them down without consulting the neighbor.

Nothing bad ever comes from that.

Reactions: 1 person
Meh Rand seems like a fairly down to earth dude.

Probably enjoys the peace and solitude if riding his zero turn...as well as the feeling if satisfaction when a man takes survey of his property. It can be very relaxing and healthy. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he no longer does any mowing.

Probably enjoys the peace and solitude if riding his zero turn...as well as the feeling if satisfaction when a man takes survey of his property. It can be very relaxing and healthy. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he no longer does any mowing.

Or he’s not taking the chance of hiring a landscaping crew that sends illegals to his house for someone to photograph.

VN Store

Back