Sputnik News: 'Trump Ready to Nix Nikki?'

Darkman

1063523701.jpg
Trump Ready to Nix Nikki?

© AP Photo/ Seth Wenig

22:21 19.04.2018

Finian Cunningham

Nikki Haley, the fiery US ambassador to the United Nations, seems to have crossed swords with her boss in the White House. President Trump is said to have taken to shouting at the TV whenever he sees her making statements.

Last weekend, the spat flew spectacularly into the open when Trump undercut Haley over her claims that the White House was about to impose new sanctions on Russia. Trump's blood pressure reportedly surged with rage at her apparent uppityness to make up policy on the hoof.
Next day, the Trump administration pointedly announced it was holding off on new sanctions against Moscow. Haley was embarrassingly left hanging out to dry. A senior Trump aide told US media that the UN ambassador had gotten "confused". Haley then hit back at the slight, saying she "doesn't get confused".

READ MORE: He Said, She Said: US' Haley, Kudlow Send Mixed Messages on Russia Sanctions

There seems little doubt that the former South Carolina governor who was once such a rising star in Team Trump has now fallen out of favor with the president.

Such rapid reversal in fortune is par for the course for those who work for Trump. Rex Tillerson, HR McMaster, and many other senior members of his administration, have all been ditched by the president at a moment's notice, usually via his Twitter feed.

Nikki Haley would likewise be advised to watch her back. Any day, she might find herself out of a job.

1049736073.jpg

© AFP 2018 / SAUL LOEB

US to Impose Sanctions on Russia Over Support of Assad - Envoy to UN Haley

Ever since she was appointed as envoy to the UN, 46-year-old Haley has gained an unenviable reputation of being something of firebrand. She has delighted the hawkish wing on Capitol Hill with her belligerent tirades against Iran, North Korea and Russia. For a while too, Trump seemed to think she was doing "a great job". But lately, her bravura performances at the UN Security Council have apparently rankled Trump for displaying a little too much self-importance and ambition. The word is that the president — himself a person with excessive egotism — views Haley as being a little too big for her boots, who harbors secret plans to one day occupy the White House.

The New York Times this week reported on growing jealousies and insecurities between the president and his UN ambassador. Trump is wary that Haley's grandstanding at the UN is more about advancing her political reputation among the Republican party, with a view to launching a run for the presidency in 2020. There is even talk of Haley teaming up with the current vice president Mike Pence for the presidential ticket. Trump has his eye on being re-elected, and is none too pleased with the conjecture about Haley striving to become the first female president.

Apart from grubby political jealousies and infighting could there be anything more significant in the dimming star of Nikki Haley?

Read more ....

https://sputniknews.com/columnists/2...p-nikki-haley/

Next week they'll be talking about Trump considering firing Mattis.

The media is ****ing stupid.

Reactions: 3 people
Putin is actually running the Democratic Party. Have you ever seen any political group vote 100% against this many issues? Can't even let Trump have his cabinet. This is voting for what is best for the American people? The only rational basis for voting in this manner is Russian control.

Reactions: 3 people
The problem with that article is that it says that she made it up. That she went out on her own on the sanctions.

Not true. They were planned and in the works.

Trump, yet again, PERSONALLY intervened and stopped them.

Reactions: 4 people
Agree.

I wonder, though, if the GOP could go with her?

The GOP would absolutely love someone like her to run. It’s the people who voted for Trump who felt forgotten and wanted something new who might not follow her. There’s probably not a lot of difference in her policies than say Marco Rubio.

I know we like to spout fake news at bias sources, but Sputnik is legit Russian state propaganda lol. I have no idea why Darkman would post it as a source of news.

Darkman is Freak, that's why.

"Generating clicks and welcoming the cash!"

Reactions: 1 person
Darkman is Freak, that's why.

"Generating clicks and welcoming the cash!"

Did you just call me a Freak? :)

... and, on the same breath, you are spitting out nonsense ... :eek:lol:

But okay, I'll play along ... Click twice on the link maybe ... I wanna be rich!

Freak runs the site.

Oh!? ... Freak, if I knew. :)

Other than that, anything that you see on internet and read in press should be taken with a grain of salt. ;)

I see something ... - I post it.

If feel like it, that is.

Plus source was clearly indicated in thread name ...

No one is making anyone open up / click on anything. ;)

You know all those people -- Zakhar, Vasya, Boris etc ... but, obviously, you don't know Jack .... as I don't own an Adidas track suit :)

It's cool man, I'm not judging you or the track suit you may or may not definitely own.

VN Store

Back