Happy Theft Day

Taxes have their role in society. Problem is government utilizes the revenue irresponsibly.

Reactions: 5 people
Gotta pay for those entitlements. The person I know that is on SSI but also goes to work every day for cash needs his check and checks for his kid and gubment insurance.

Reactions: 1 person
That's a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? Where in US law is violence against tax evaders described?
Probably the same place that gives the IRS all it's power. I have never dealt with them personally, but I know plenty of people that have and they say the law does not apply to what they can do to you.

Every.single.one.of.them.

Oh, and prison = violence

Probably the same place that gives the IRS all it's power. I have never dealt with them personally, but I know plenty of people that have and they say the law does not apply to what they can do to you.

Every.single.one.of.them.

Oh, and prison = violence

Your profession pays well, but is also expensive at the same time

Example: buddy of mine flies international for FedEx. In November he worked roughly two weeks grossing 24k. After taxes, insurance, retirement and what other dues were owed, he said he brought home less than half his gross.
Now, they (he and his wife) have no children and no debt but still....

Example: buddy of mine flies international for FedEx. In November he worked roughly two weeks grossing 24k. After taxes, insurance, retirement and what other dues were owed, he said he brought home less than half his gross.
We all die relatively young. Probably that chest X-ray I get when I go to work every day.

joescience-indo-european-jones-meme-fortune-and-glory.jpg

Here's an inescapable fact of modern life: the overwhelming majority of the world is controlled by governments. There may be a few remote places you can go that are outside of governmental jurisdiction. Governments provide services for their inhabitants. Those services are funded by taxes. Therefore, unless you can find one of those off the grid locales, you're going to pay taxes. Rather than griping about having to pay taxes at all, which is silly, you should complain about how the government utilizes your taxes. You can impact, but not control, that by voting or even running for public office yourself. Simply labeling taxes theft is unproductive whining.

Reactions: 6 people
Here's an inescapable fact of modern life: the overwhelming majority of the world is controlled by governments. There may be a few remote places you can go that are outside of governmental jurisdiction. Governments provide services for their inhabitants. Those services are funded by taxes. Therefore, unless you can find one of those off the grid locales, you're going to pay taxes. Rather than griping about having to pay taxes at all, which is silly, you should complain about how the government utilizes your taxes. You can impact, but not control, that by voting or even running for public office yourself. Simply labeling taxes theft is unproductive whining.
I am entitled to whine today. So are you. So are most of the people on this forum.

It's cathartic.

And voting them out of office sounds great in theory.

He must be a senior fo or Jr captain on the b777

Last edited:
I am entitled to whine today. So are you. So are most of the people on this forum.

You're free to do that, yes. I was just pointing out that it's unproductive. I probably pay more taxes than most on here, but you won't catch me whining about it.

Reactions: 2 people
You're free to do that, yes. I was just pointing out that it's unproductive. I probably pay more taxes than most on here, but you won't catch me whining about it.
Pretty much anything on this forum is 'unproductive'. Oh and I would never get elected, because I would tell people things they don't want to hear in my campaign so it would be a complete waste of money to even run.

Sounds familiar. My net is 43.4% of gross earnings.

Pretty much anything on this forum is 'unproductive'. Oh and I would never get elected, because I would tell people things they don't want to hear in my campaign so it would be a complete waste of money to even run.

People need that honesty. Politicians telling people exactly what they want to hear in order to get elected has gotten us to where we are today.

People need that honesty. Politicians telling people exactly what they want to hear in order to get elected has gotten us to where we are today.
What difference would it make? That person would rarely if ever get elected, and only if there is a yuge ground swell of public backlash to kick out the incumbent thief. The candidate's timing would have to be impeccable (See November 2016 for a recent example) , and his financial needs factor would have to be impossibly low.

THE failure of the founding fathers, (and imho it might be a fatal flaw to our country) which has translated to every facet of government is the complete lack of term limits. It should apply to every single elected/appointed government official because the proletariat needs protection from themselves. President DJT is draining the swamp, just not in the way people might have thought he would (See Paul Ryan) I just hope he has enough time.

What difference would it make? That person would rarely if ever get elected, and only if there is a yuge ground swell of public backlash to kick out the incumbent thief. The candidate's timing would have to be impeccable (See November 2016 for a recent example) , and his financial needs factor would have to be impossibly low.

THE failure of the founding fathers, (and imho it might be a fatal flaw to our country) which has translated to every facet of government is the complete lack of term limits. It should apply to every single elected/appointed government official because the proletariat needs protection from themselves. President DJT is draining the swamp, just not in the way people might have thought he would (See Paul Ryan) I just hope he has enough time.

Totally agree on term limits. Of course, the same folks that need those limits are in charge of introducing and passing them. Seems like an inherent conflict of interest. Not sure if there's a way around that.

Disgusting

You guys have to realize that it's all relative.

Let's say there are 3 different societies in which you can live and perform your job.

Society A will pay $400,000 but you only bring home 47% of that.

Society B will pay you $200,000 and you bring home 60% of that.

Society C will pay you $100,000 and you bring home 90% of that.

I'll pick A.

You guys have to realize that it's all relative.

Let's say there are 3 different societies in which you can live and perform your job.

Society A will pay $400,000 but you only bring home 47% of that.

Society B will pay you $200,000 and you bring home 60% of that.

Society C will pay you $100,000 and you bring home 90% of that.

I'll pick A.

lol, wut?

what if in your three societies you are getting the same level of service? or within 10% of each other, despite the tax rate being so off? you still willing to pay a higher percentage if you get the same level of care?

also funny that your numbers work out where your 47% is more than the others, that is often not the case. and in those societies you at least have to admit that in A you are going to be paying more for the other goods as well as the tax rate.

VN Store

Back