2049 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Page 6. within the forum Politics. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 04-19-2018, 05:35 AM   #76
Weezer
VolNation Dalai Lama

Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin128 View Post
I never said a cross word about Barbara Bush, just that I hoped she was in the frame of mind to make her own decision about the end of her life.

You all call me classless and whatever for pointing out an obvious difference. If this was Michelle or Hillary, there would be a parade on VolNation. I at least have the class to respect a woman from the other side of the aisle.
You weren't called classless for speaking ill of Barbara Bush. You were called classless for making your partisan assumptions in a thread about her passing. You have no idea how people would react because it hasn't happened. Assumptions like that make you look like an ass.
VN Likes: 12
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-19-2018, 06:43 AM   #77
T-TownVol

Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Quote:
I never said a cross word about Barbara Bush, just that I hoped she was in the frame of mind to make her own decision about the end of her life.

You all call me classless and whatever for pointing out an obvious difference. If this was Michelle or Hillary, there would be a parade on VolNation. I at least have the class to respect a woman from the other side of the aisle.
Amazing the things people can justify in their own mind......
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-19-2018, 06:53 AM   #78
Grand Vol
Official VN Armorer

Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TownVol View Post
Amazing the things people can justify in their own mind......
It's trying to continue defending a bad position that amazes me.

Sometimes, retreating is the best and only option.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #79
DancingOutlaw
No sloppy, slimy eggs plz

Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Quote:

I mean lol. You are calling people classless for hypothetically doing something regarding an event that has not happened.

I would like to go ahead and lodge a complaint for how poorly liberals will treat first responders on the 50th anniversary of 9/11.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-19-2018, 06:51 PM   #80
Biopsyman

Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDad View Post
I make fun of those who've passed. Is it in bad taste, yes. Am I a POS, undoubtedly. However, it is generally decent to wait a while before lulzing.

The hideous-beast-tenured professor lacks any self awareness or decency.
She deserves a Pasadena mudslide In honor of CA
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #81
NorthDallas40
Displaced Hillbilly

So Fresno State issued a weak ass memo referencing the first amendment. Could somebody explain to me how firing her ass violates the first amendment? No government organization is prosecuting her. If fired she’s just being held accountable for her actions. There is no threat of prosecution.

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Having the right to do something without fear of prosecution does not exclude the possibility of being held accountable for doing it outside of prosecution.

Quote:
Castro took to Twitter himself Thursday to address Jarrar’s comments that sparked national outrage, saying that he too was “upset” and believes it is “important for us to condemn that part of what was done and said,” while stressing the need to “continue to role-model leadership” while upholding the First Amendment rights.

Last edited by NorthDallas40; Today at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 10:18 AM   #82
T-TownVol

Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family Barbara Bush is in 'failing health,' won't seek additional medical treatment, family
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDallas40 View Post
So Fresno State issued a weak ass memo referencing the first amendment. Could somebody explain to me how firing her ass violates the first amendment? No government organization is prosecuting her. If fired she’s just being held accountable for her actions. There is no threat of prosecution.

Having the right to do something without fear of prosecution does not exclude the possibility of being held accountable for doing it outside of prosecution.
It's called allowing the students to dictate policy/practice.......
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #83
Vol_Doc
Vol in "The Ville"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDallas40 View Post

It's the same reason white supremacists can spout their hate speech. In this case, Fresno State is a public college, so the government tie means the college can't fire her without being sued. There's more latitude with private institutions, as they can use other constitutional protections, like religion, to support actions that would not fly in a government institution. Sucks, but that's how the constitution works in this case.

Edit: If they have a code of conduct that they can show she violated, they may have grounds to do something, like suspend her or start a conduct record that could be used for future punitive action. Don't know.

Last edited by Vol_Doc; Today at 11:12 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP