Call For Second Special Counsel Picking Up Steam

NorthDallas40

Displaced Hillbilly
Last edited:
Scalise on Ingrahm now doubling down on special council. Repeated all points from McCarthy over the weekend. Both referencing what sounds like IG pointing to rotten leadership at top of FBI with regard to FISA courts, source vetting (Steele dossier), lack of transparency in investigations. Specifically stated peoples “lack of faith in FBI leadership”.

This all sure sounds like a Cliff’s Notes (do they still have those?) version of the IG report is making the rounds and people are loading up for some bear hunts.

That report cannot get issued soon enough.

I thought this was what the IG report was about.

Not sure what you mean but maybe referencing that the IG report is looking at basically the same material but doesn’t have prosecutorial power thus a second counsel is needed to act on it?

That is what I think it is. And that’s why I’m wondering if a brief of the report is going around prepping for the follow on second special counsel. McCarthy and Scalise are 2/3rd of the leadership. If Ryan speaks in favor of a second special counsel it’s a done deal at that point. He has been mum thus far.

Pound sand LG. Make me a money bet it doesn’t happen. I need beer money.

Only the few complete loon Trump nuthuggers, going on Fox, are still touting this foolishness. It has zero momentum with anyone remotely responsible and in fact the power brokers recognize that it would simply be fodder for the base and basically confirm that Trump is guilty as can be and needs protection.

Reactions: 3 people
Only the few complete loon Trump nuthuggers, going on Fox, are still touting this foolishness. It has zero momentum with anyone remotely responsible and in fact the power brokers recognize that it would simply be fodder for the base and basically confirm that Trump is guilty as can be and needs protection.

Didn’t see a money bet in there so nah you’re just blowing hot air.

But I do see your posturing. So the power brokers, if they instigate a second special counsel, are merely confirming Trump’s guilt. And there are power brokers. The House Majority Leader and House Whip indeed fit that role. If the Speaker comes out and backs it, that’s it it will happen.

A brief from the IG to OPR already got McCabe dismissed. And even good ole Adam Schiff is waffling that action “might have been warranted”. So he’s seen that brief too or no way he makes his own head spin and spit pea soup.

Again that IG report cannot come out soon enough.

Reactions: 1 person

Trump ‘is’ guilty? Of what? Name 1 single piece of evidence.

Reactions: 1 person
All of your talking points are covered here LG. They read rather weak to me.

Currently there is no public information basis for a second special counsel. However publishing the IG report could easily blow that wide open. Ryan and McConnell should sit tight... for now. But their rank and file members in both congressional bodies are putting on steam. There’s got to be a brief floating around.

GOP leaders back second special counsel | TheHill

So did Barry in 2012. Look it up.

Edit: and they both screwed up in doing it.

Yeah well Barry wasn't in a fishbowl of people watching him being accused of blowing Putin while every intelligence agency on the planet is telling him Putin's flunkies have Shawshanked there way into our cyber infrastructure.

This is really not much different than the dotard calling and congratulating Kim Jong-un for being "re-elected."

If nothing else, the optics are beyond horrendous. LOL, how ****** dumb is this bozo's staff to allow that call to happen? HAHA!

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah well Barry wasn't in a fishbowl of people watching him being accused of blowing Putin while every intelligence agency on the planet is telling him Putin's flunkies have Shawshanked there way into our cyber infrastructure.

This is really not much different than the dotard calling and congratulating Kim Jong-un for being "re-elected."

If nothing else, the optics are beyond horrendous. LOL, how ****** dumb is this bozo's staff to allow that call to happen? HAHA!

Dude I’m agreeing with you he shouldn’t have done it even without any expanding information. Why are you arguing with me?

But they both did do it and as far as I’m concerned both were wrong. F*** Putin and Russia.

That's rich given the river of tears cried over Mueller.

From a Trump-Russia fantasy perspective, I’ve cried often from laughter. It’s a ridiculous snipe hunt, based on a den of lies and nonsense. I’m biased of course, but based on all the public info I’ve read and heard, I’m convinced it was some sort of set-up to bring down Trump, plain and simple...which led to the Mueller probe to cast his net far and wide.

Dude I’m agreeing with you he shouldn’t have done it even without any expanding information. Why are you arguing with me?

But they both did do it and as far as I’m concerned both were wrong. F*** Putin and Russia.

I like to argue, I assumed you knew that.

In all seriousness, I didn't see your edit. I think my eyes crossed after the first sentence.

Not sure what you mean but maybe referencing that the IG report is looking at basically the same material but doesn’t have prosecutorial power thus a second counsel is needed to act on it?

That is what I think it is. And that’s why I’m wondering if a brief of the report is going around prepping for the follow on second special counsel. McCarthy and Scalise are 2/3rd of the leadership. If Ryan speaks in favor of a second special counsel it’s a done deal at that point. He has been mum thus far.

Not really needed, IMO. If the IG report is damming, the DoJ should be able to pursue and prosecute on any of the findings. They are perfectly able to do so. Mueller was brought on because of issues with Comey and the FBI investigation. Otherwise, the FBI would have just finished on its own. I guess what would a second special counsel add in this case? Seems redundant.

I like to argue, I assumed you knew that.

In all seriousness, I didn't see your edit. I think my eyes crossed after the first sentence.

Ok true you do. But you’re wrong dammit wrong I say!! So there.

It’s late. I’m out.

From a Trump-Russia fantasy perspective, I’ve cried often from laughter. It’s a ridiculous snipe hunt, based on a den of lies and nonsense. I’m biased of course, but based on all the public info I’ve read and heard, I’m convinced it was some sort of set-up to bring down Trump, plain and simple...which led to the Mueller probe to cast his net far and wide.

Of course you are, you're a consumer of the fake news you've been told to despise.

Reactions: 3 people
Not really needed, IMO. If the IG report is damming, the DoJ should be able to pursue and prosecute on any of the findings. They are perfectly able to do so. Mueller was brought on because of issues with Comey and the FBI investigation. Otherwise, the FBI would have just finished on its own. I guess what would a second special counsel add in this case? Seems redundant.

Sessions should appoint a Justice Department prosecutor to investigate the investigators.

“What’s good for the goose . . .” is more an understandable impulse than a useful rule of thumb in legal controversies, particularly legal controversies in which an error has been made.

The White House and congressional Republicans have watched in ire as the Trump administration has been tied in knots by the no-boundaries Mueller investigation. “Okay,” they’re thinking, “now, it’s payback time.” There appear to have been highly irregular investigative tactics used in probing the Trump campaign — particularly, but not exclusively, by the Obama administration. Why not, then, appoint another special counsel to squeeze the squeezers? Why not turn the tables?

It’s a bad idea.

VN Store

Back