Several people shot at Maryland high school -media report

Reactions: 2 people
From your article:

The shooter exchanged fire with a school resource officer on campus and was wounded, Cameron said. All three students are in critical condition, but the officer wasn’t injured. It wasn’t yet clear who shot the gunman.

This is why we aren't hearing anything about it.
Good point

From your article:

The shooter exchanged fire with a school resource officer on campus and was wounded, Cameron said. All three students are in critical condition, but the officer wasn’t injured. It wasn’t yet clear who shot the gunman.

That’s what they’re supposed to do, unlike the cowards in Broward. Thank God this officer engaged the shooter.

Reactions: 1 person
Its time to put metal detectors in every school in american on the governments dime. It doesnt matter what it costs. This country spends millions on useless ****, lets protect our kids. And while were at it, all school busses have seat belts. Still do not understand why they do not.

This seems to be reading like a focused event right now. Targets may not have been random. Will have to see how it unfolds.

Its time to put metal detectors in every school in american on the governments dime. It doesnt matter what it costs. This country spends millions on useless ****, lets protect our kids. And while were at it, all school busses have seat belts. Still do not understand why they do not.

Don't need them.

If parents want metal detectors and the staff to run them, raise the money. When my kids were in school we funded and built two field houses, a concession stand and redone the entire baseball field without a dime from the county.

School shootings are becoming so common I just turned on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC and no one is even talking about it. Its all Trump and Facebook. Welcome to 2018.

Don't need them.

If parents want metal detectors and the staff to run them, raise the money. When my kids were in school we funded and built two field houses, a concession stand and redone the entire baseball field without a dime from the county.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ gtfo of my wallet. Parents need to take more responsibility for the safety of their children.

School shootings are becoming so common I just turned on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC and no one is even talking about it. Its all Trump and Facebook. Welcome to 2018.

School shootings are incredibly rare. Any type of random violence in general is incredibly rare. The vast majority of violence is between people who know each other.

And all three of those outlets have this on the front page of their website.

From your article:

Yet the first post here was a media report. I've heard about it several times already this morning.

Reactions: 2 people
Yet the first post here was a media report. I've heard about it several times already this morning.
Not like Parkland. or Columbine. or.....

Not enough bodies for it to be "Breaking" 24/7 'news'.

Last edited:
I wouldnt call an average of 1 per week in 2018 incredibly rare.

Please go look at the “school shootings”. Many are at colleges and universities, involving people that don’t attend the school. They media doesn’t care when it happened or why. If a gang banger shoots another gang banger in the school parking lot at 3am Saturday that’s a school shooting. Read the list and decide for yourself if those incidences constitute a grave danger to our children.

Reactions: 3 people
I still believe it's because someone shot back.

Absolutely no one, and certainly no one here, after the recent shootings suggested anything other than that we need to have more school resource officers in a position to deal with these threats.

But that's a trained law enforcement officer and that is their major function. It's not the English teacher who is suddenly and unexpectedly thrust into a firefight that is going to solve this problem.

Don't need them.

County governments can't manage money at all.....Wilson is the 2nd wealthiest county in TN and my kids don't even have textbooks for several of their classes. IMO there are some heads that need to roll over this.

VN Store

Back