Los Alamitos exempts it's self from California sanctuary law

Our country is so divided. Won’t be too far off before it gets out of hand and resorts to violence.

Reactions: 1 person
I am exempting myself from paying income taxes. I wonder how that will work out for me.

Does the State not have jurisdiction over the City? Seems like a waste of time and energy if Cali has authority to force compliance.

Does the State not have jurisdiction over the City? Seems like a waste of time and energy if Cali has authority to force compliance.

According to the 9th circuit the Feds have no jurisdiction over the state so it should be interesting.

According to the 9th circuit the Feds have no jurisdiction over the state so it should be interesting.

It should. If the precedent is the smaller governing body isn't subject to the larger, it means counties aren't bound by the State and cities/towns arent bound by either.

It should. If the precedent is the smaller governing body isn't subject to the larger, it means counties aren't bound by the State and cities/towns arent bound by either.

I doubt it goes like that but it sure would lead to some interesting results.

I doubt it goes like that but it sure would lead to some interesting results.

Federalism applies to the state vs. federal relationship, but states are free to craft their own relationship with local governments.

Federalism applies to the state vs. federal relationship, but states are free to craft their own relationship with local governments.

Does that give a state ability to craft unique relationships with local governments?

So the council is basically saying they took on oath of office based on the United States Constitution. They are arguing that Federal law is the law of the land and supersedes State law.

This same city doesn't allow cultivation or sale of Marijuana, which is also in defiance of California state laws.

Los Alamitos claimed a constitutional compliance stance. Might wind up back on path to the 9th. Would be classic for them to rule just as you stated... and further disenfranchise a large number of the non coastal residents even more.

Cali is headed for a reckoning on their blind administrative policy making. Don’t know when it will happen but it will.

So the council is basically saying they took on oath of office based on the United States Constitution. They are arguing that Federal law is the law of the land and supersedes State law.

This same city doesn't allow cultivation or sale of Marijuana, which is also in defiance of California state laws.

I believe State law supersedes federal.

It's weird how obsessive this message board is with CA. I don't care that much about what happens there, and they are my neighbor. They get so much attention here.

It's weird how obsessive this message board is with CA. I don't care that much about what happens there, and they are my neighbor. They get so much attention here.

Do you walk by the circus tent and not take a peek?

And I am not bound by the municipality.

ANARCHY!

I believe State law supersedes federal.

Pretty sure that if state law is in conflict with a defined federal law, federal supersedes as set for in the constitution. Don’t remember the ammendment off hand.

If federal law is quiet or defers to states, then state rules.

The DOJ stance is sanctuary cities are illegal. I bet this winds up back on path to the 9th.

VN Store

Back