Majority now believes in existence of "Deep State"

I've believed for some time that the deep state exists. In my opinion, the cabal of central bankers all but outed themselves when Nixon came off the gold standard.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would you think this supports your side? Isnt this Trumps argument?

I'm not advancing any argument at this point. Just putting it out there to kick off discussion of the issue. I personally think it's a dangerous and unfounded notion, along the same lines as there's a Jewish conspiracy to control the media, banking sector, etc.

I'm not advancing any argument at this point. Just putting it out there to kick off discussion of the issue. I personally think it's a dangerous and unfounded notion, along the same lines as there's a Jewish conspiracy to control the media, banking sector, etc.
The last part must just be a coincidence.

Ok fair enough. But the concept of a elite cabal forming national policy is really nothing new. In fact I can attach names. Rockefeller, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Vanderbilt to start the list.

Do I believe there is an elite group working to form national policy? Yes and I think there always has been. Do I believe they actually control it and get carte blanche? No I don’t believe they have yet.

The notion is only dangerous if it's unfounded/untrue. If it's true, the waking of the republic may be the only thing to preserve our republic.

Last edited:
Ok fair enough. But the concept of a elite cabal forming national policy is really nothing new. In fact I can attach names. Rockefeller, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Vanderbilt to start the list.

Do I believe there is an elite group working to form national policy? Yes and I think there always has been. Do I believe they actually control it and get carte blanche? No I don’t believe they have yet.

The fact that big donors control policy is no secret. The belief that it happens more directly, darkly, and secretly isn't such a big jump of logic.

This is where we differ. Are there career government/military personnel pushing and advocating for certain policy positions? Yes, and in many cases that's part of their job to make policy recommendations. But are they doing this as part of a larger secret group in an organized and coordinated fashion? No.

This is where we differ. Are there career government/military personnel pushing and advocating for certain policy positions? Yes, and in many cases that's part of their job to make policy recommendations. But are they doing this as part of a larger secret group in an organized and coordinated fashion? No.

I believe that you are a tad naive.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe that you are a tad naive.

Fine to have that belief if you have reason to believe there such a cabal. Since you're the one advocating for the existence of such a group, the burden is on you to offer evidence. Are there agendas for the Deep State cabal meetings? Deep State Christmas parties? Retreats?

Last edited:
Fine to have that believe if you have reason to believe there such a cabal. Since you're the one advocating for the existence of such a group, the burden is on you to offer evidence. Are there agendas for the Deep State cabal meetings? Deep State Christmas parties? Retreats?

I don't care if you believe or not. All you have to do is look at our monetary and foreign policy to find evidence of existence.

I don't care if you believe or not. All you have to do is look at our monetary and foreign policy to find evidence of existence.

Ok, good. So it looks like you're pointing at what would be considered circumstantial evidence. What particular circumstantial evidence are you pointing at? "Monetary and foreign policy" encapsulates a lot of stuff.

Ok, good. So it looks like you're pointing at what would be considered circumstantial evidence. What particular circumstantial evidence are you pointing at? "Monetary and foreign policy" encapsulates a lot of stuff.

The behavior of the federal intelligence and LE agencies before and just after the last election is pretty compelling evidence.

Reactions: 2 people

The earliest examples of foreign policy in my memory is giving up the Panama Canal, our support/involvement in the Iran-Iraq war, the second Gulf War, the Arab Spring and the toppling of Qaddafi. None of these foreign policy moves benefited the US in any way but lead to others being benefited.

The Feds manipulation of interest rates should be enough of an example of monetary policy for you.

The earliest examples of foreign policy in my memory is giving up the Panama Canal, our support/involvement in the Iran-Iraq war, the second Gulf War, the Arab Spring and the toppling of Qaddafi. None of these foreign policy moves benefited the US in any way but lead to others being benefited.

The Feds manipulation of interest rates should be enough of an example of monetary policy for you.

So in the first paragraph you point at bad foreign policy moves that failed to benefit the US. How does that show a secret society at work?

The Federal Reserve was created by statute, with the approval of the President, Senate and House, to set monetary policy. Hard to see that as a cabal secretly manipulating or controlling government policy behind the scenes, especially on non-monetary issues.

The idea of the deep state is that there is a secret group (like the illuminati) that is the one really pulling the strings of government, not our elected officials.

Reactions: 5 people

GW Bush acknowledged there was a shadow government in place shortly after 9/11.

I've believed for some time that the deep state exists. In my opinion, the cabal of central bankers all but outed themselves when Nixon came off the gold standard.
I seem to remember that it was FDR who took us off the gold standard to try to get us out of the depression. I think that Nixon stopped foreign governments from exchanging U.S. dollars for gold.

I seem to remember that it was FDR who took us off the gold standard to try to get us out of the depression. I think that Nixon stopped foreign governments from exchanging U.S. dollars for gold.

The Breton Woods System was tied to the gold standard/price with the dollar as the intermediary exchange currency, thus the dollar was backed by gold. When Nixon ceased the convertibility of the dollar to gold, he decoupled it from gold and made it a fiat currency.

Reactions: 1 person
The Breton Woods System was tied to the gold standard/price with the dollar as the intermediary exchange currency, thus the dollar was backed by gold. When Nixon ceased the convertibility of the dollar to gold, he decoupled it from gold and made it a fiat currency.

Hey, I learned something today. Thanks!

"Fiat money is currency that a government has declared to be legal tender, but it is not backed by a physical commodity. The value of fiat money is derived from the relationship between supply and demand rather than the value of the material that the money is made of."

The Breton Woods deal was between governments. FDR ordered that U.S. residents turn in all gold bullion, coins, and gold certificates in excess of $100 in 1933. That is when we got off the gold standard, except for trade exchange between governments. Nixon finished it off for good.

VN Store

Back