National debt tops $21 trillion for first time ever

The spendaholics must be reigned in. It's criminal what they're doing. If it isn't controlled, it will eventually destabilize our currency.

Reactions: 5 people
The spendaholics must be reigned in. It's criminal what they're doing. If it isn't controlled, it will eventually destabilize our currency.
Both parties would have to work together to touch SS and Medicare, and I can't see that happening. The party that steps forward to tackle that will be destroyed.

Yet we're hearing about phase two of tax cuts with no mention of spending cuts. Typical American fiscal irresponsibility. If you have credit cards, you have cash. Pathetic.

Reactions: 4 people
I suppose the first trillion was tragic, and the rest are just statistics.

Why do they bother keeping track anymore? Nobody is going to pay off that debt and it's just going to keep going up.

Reactions: 1 person
Why do they bother keeping track anymore? Nobody is going to pay off that debt and it's just going to keep going up.

Completely agree. The debt is ony a number at this point and nothing more. I mean is there anyone who really thinks we could ever pay the debt? I sure hope not.

Completely agree. The debt is ony a number at this point and nothing more. I mean is there anyone who really thinks we could ever pay the debt? I sure hope not.

I'm one of those that think our national debt is closer to the 70 something trillion number that's floated out from time to time. Someday it's all going to come crashing down, which I think is by design by the bankers so they will own everything and have complete control.

When more than 55% of federal discetionary spending is spent on the military, to police the world and it's resources, who would be surprised?!

Reactions: 1 person
Trump is working to bring back manufacturing so he can allow the fiat economy/petrodollar system collapse under its own weight.

If you think about it, in this fiat currency, where they "print" dollars from nothing, we actually owe 20 Trillion "nothings". Let it collapse. tell the Central Banks that have been getting rich on our gov't spending to pound sand, and carry on becoming a producer again.

Trump is working to bring back manufacturing so he can allow the fiat economy/petrodollar system collapse under its own weight.

If you think about it, in this fiat currency, where they "print" dollars from nothing, we actually owe 20 Trillion "nothings". Let it collapse. tell the Central Banks that have been getting rich on our gov't spending to pound sand, and carry on becoming a producer again.

I’ve read that Trump has mentioned going back to gold standard. Anyone remember what happened to the last president that tried that?

I’ve read that Trump has mentioned going back to gold standard. Anyone remember what happened to the last president that tried that?

Yep, he was martyred on the streets of Dallas, by a lone gunman expending magic bullets from a death ray Carcano from the sixth floor of the Texas Scool Book Depository building.

Am I close?

Yep, he was martyred on the streets of Dallas, by a lone gunman expending magic bullets from a death ray Carcano from the sixth floor of the Texas Scool Book Depository building.

Am I close?

Pretty close...

VN Store

Back