Trump Jr. and wife Vanessa to divorce ...

Darkman

Feel sorry for all those kids ...

Donald Trump Jr. and his wife Vanessa Trump are separating, they announced in a joint statement Thursday.

"After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways," the statement said. "We will always have tremendous respect for each other and our families. We have five beautiful children together and they remain our top priority. We ask for your privacy during this time."

The New York Post's Page Six and the New York Daily News reported earlier Thursday that President Donald Trump's daughter-in-law had filed for divorce in the Manhattan Supreme Court.
The White House declined to comment on the reports and referred questions to the Trump Organization.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/politics/vanessa-trump-donald-trump-jr-divorce/index.html

I’m guessing the powder incident was the last straw. She has probably had enough and just wants to take her kids and get off the ride.

Reactions: 1 person
I’m guessing the powder incident was the last straw. She has probably had enough and just wants to take her kids and get off the ride.

Good for her. I wouldn't want my kids growing up in this s**t show either. Hopefully the kids can take the mother's maiden name.

Reactions: 7 people
Good for her. I wouldn't want my kids growing up in this s**t show either. Hopefully the kids can take the mother's maiden name.

Regardless of who’s side your on or who you think is right, if some nutjob sends what could basically be anthrax and it gets thru security and to you and your five kids I can see tapping out. Makes perfect sense to me.

My guess is "white powder" was the last straw ... BUT ... I bet their marriage wasn't perfect for some time now.

Regardless of who’s side your on or who you think is right, if some nutjob sends what could basically be anthrax and it gets thru security and to you and your five kids I can see tapping out. Makes perfect sense to me.

Til death do us part. Just words, huh?

Reactions: 2 people

Yet you'd be crying if this was some well known democrats, and someone said the same. Hypocrites, must be a requirement to be liberal.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm no fan of the Trumps, but celebrating a divorce is just poor taste. I grew up in a divorced household. It sucks.

Reactions: 9 people
These things don't happen overnight, it has probably been brewing for a while. Hope they came to the best arrangement for themselves and the kids.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm no fan of the Trumps, but celebrating a divorce is just poor taste. I grew up in a divorced household. It sucks.

I’m not celebrating it. But I can see where a private person (a comment describing Vanessa Trump) would get tired of “normal” public life in a hurry. The last 14 months have not been “normal” for the Trumps.

Vanessa Trump hired a criminal defense attorney to represent her in her divorce from Donald Trump Jr. just as special counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed the president’s family business, The Post has learned.

:popcorn:

Reactions: 6 people
Vanessa Trump hired a criminal defense attorney to represent her in her divorce from Donald Trump Jr. just as special counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed the president’s family business, The Post has learned.

:popcorn:

I think Lil' Donny can put the kibosh on her speaking to Mueller about their one-on-one conversations. Here's NY's rule on spousal privilege:

(b) Confidential communication privileged.  A husband or wife shall not be required, or, without consent of the other if living, allowed, to disclose a confidential communication made by one to the other during marriage.

Reactions: 4 people
I think Lil' Donny can put the kibosh on her speaking to Mueller about their one-on-one conversations. Here's NY's rule on spousal privilege:

(b) Confidential communication privileged.  A husband or wife shall not be required, or, without consent of the other if living, allowed, to disclose a confidential communication made by one to the other during marriage.

Don't take away Mick's wet dream......

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, the rule may be different in federal court, which is where the grand jury is (ED Va). I think a spouse can testify over the objections of the other spouse about confidential communications made during the marriage.

Trammel v. United States - Wikipedia

Muller starts subpoenaing spouses he'll lose what support he has left from rational people.

She may still know things about Trump and the Family Business. I don't think he kept her in a box considering he was a stay away husband. Are you saying she cannot testify against him in court even if it's divorce court?

Muller starts subpoenaing spouses he'll lose what support he has left from rational people.

She would still be free to invoke the privilege. Lil' Donny just couldn't stop her from talking. Also, conversations he had with her while others were present would not be covered by the privilege

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back