Democrats DACA Scam

Yep. They don’t want to solve it. It’s worth more as a stump speech on the campaign trail. If they actually fix it they lose the political momentum. These people still can’t vote. So use it to pull on the heart strings of the ones who can!

I’ve said all along it solves nothing. DACA resolves nothing for any dreamers. It should be vacated and replaced with legislation that provides a clear path.

Down here in TX I’ve heard and read a couple of things that shows the dreamer population and their supporters are figuring this out and apply pressure on the dims to put up or shut up.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep. They don’t want to solve it. It’s worth more as a stump speech on the campaign trail. If they actually fix it they lose the political momentum. These people still can’t vote. So use it to pull on the heart strings of the ones who can!

I’ve said all along it solves nothing. DACA resolves nothing for any dreamers. It should be vacated and replaced with legislation that provides a clear path.

Down here in TX I’ve heard and read a couple of things that shows the dreamer population and their supporters are figuring this out and apply pressure on the dims to put up or shut up.

Who is keeping it in Limbo? Congress correct. Who controls congress?

Reactions: 6 people
Who is keeping it in Limbo? Congress correct. Who controls congress?

Oh please. Dims use it as a bargaining chip regularly and you know it. They are acting to keep it enforced as is and have suit filed in US Court. A damn executive order is getting protected as actual legislation. It’s laughable.

Repubs are happy to debate it. Dems won’t debate it. They just stump speech it. And the dreamers are starting to figure it out.

But by all means let’s keep the status quo. The dims will flame out on this one.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh please. Dims use it as a bargaining chip regularly and you know it. They are acting to keep it enforced as is and gave suit filed in US Court. A damn executive order is getting protected as actual legislation. It’s laughable.

Repubs are happy to debate it. Dems won’t debate it. They just stump speech it. And the dreamers are starting to figure it out.

But by all means let’s keep the status quo. The dims will flame out on this one.

Repubs can do what they want pretty much on the DACA people. The only thing they can't do is kick them all out and they know that, you know that, and I know that. And that is exactly why nothing has been done is because they don't want to do what is right. Just what are the D's leveraging to get by doing nothing. A deal was done and Trump took a big ole crap on it. The R's were going to get wall funding, Daca people were going to get amnesty, the R's were going to get changes to the chain migration that they wanted.

Never mind it's not worth my time to rehash history and point out who is holding the cards to do something. If you cant see it take off your blinders.

Reactions: 4 people
Repubs can do what they want pretty much on the DACA people. The only thing they can't do is kick them all out and they know that, you know that, and I know that. And that is exactly why nothing has been done is because they don't want to do what is right. Just what are the D's leveraging to get by doing nothing. A deal was done and Trump took a big ole crap on it. The R's were going to get wall funding, Daca people were going to get amnesty, the R's were going to get changes to the chain migration that they wanted.

Never mind it's not worth my time to rehash history and point out who is holding the cards to do something. If you cant see it take off your blinders.

Repubs don’t want to kick them out en masse. I don’t and I’m a repub. I know lots that feel like I do. From what I remember I can swear Schumer changed the rules at the end knowing it was a case Trump wouldn’t sign. Take the wall funding off I think? Just going from memory. And voila deal off and back to the stump.

When the deal was cut Schumer looked like a total sellout and had to walk it back. But he didn’t want the deal anyway.

Edit: found a quick link. Competing plans it was? And yeah the senate was pissed at the WH i do remember that.

Bipartisan DACA, border security deal fails in Senate - CNNPolitics

Last edited:

Can we please stop pretending the Republicans control Congress? They don't. I know you all love saying it, it's a great fallback crutch. But they don't, if they did they would ram through whatever they wanted. And of course the Democrats don't want to play along. They will go home and tell their voters see we are fighting for you but all the Republican deals suck. The reality is they don't want to compromise, just like guns. They want everything on their list and that's the only deal they're going to take. They are banking on some magical wave of anti Trump sentiment to keep them in office, lest the natives figure out the whole thing is a ruse.

Reactions: 2 people
Democrat play book..... page one...Republicans hate poor people.... page two... Republicans hate black people....page three..... play race card on every issue.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh please. Dims use it as a bargaining chip regularly and you know it. They are acting to keep it enforced as is and have suit filed in US Court. A damn executive order is getting protected as actual legislation. It’s laughable.

Trump supposedly supports dreamers but is using it as a bargaining chip to get a wall. What are dems trying to leverage it for?

Reactions: 1 person
Can we please stop pretending the Republicans control Congress? They don't. I know you all love saying it, it's a great fallback crutch. But they don't, if they did they would ram through whatever they wanted. And of course the Democrats don't want to play along. They will go home and tell their voters see we are fighting for you but all the Republican deals suck. The reality is they don't want to compromise, just like guns. They want everything on their list and that's the only deal they're going to take. They are banking on some magical wave of anti Trump sentiment to keep them in office, lest the natives figure out the whole thing is a ruse.

Wtf are you talking about?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180316-065943.jpg
    Screenshot_20180316-065943.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1
If this is true, I would think the Repubs would be working feverishly to get it off the table. Control or not, they have the votes to make it happen if they want.

Either they are too stupid to know this, or they see a political advantage in this as a wedge issue with their base. My guess is the latter.

Can we please stop pretending the Republicans control Congress? They don't.

Lol.

Just so we're clear, when the Dem majority rammed through the ACA it was because they were in full control. But when the Republican majority fails to get things done its because they're not "in control" and it's still the Dems fault.

Is that about right?

So if a DACA only bill was on the table, they'd vote against it?

Depending on the provisions, yes. In reality, it comes down to a lot of talk without any bargaining or compromise. Both parties are equally guilty of holding the DACA crowd hostage to their political grandstanding.

The Democrats, by and large, want a guaranteed path to citizenship for the DACA crowd.

I tend to think many Republicans, perhaps even a majority, accept reality and would support an eventual path to citizenship as well.

Where the breakdown happens is Democrats are unwilling to take care of the root problem, notably increased border security and immigration reform.

Republicans won't even consider a DACA bill without enhanced border security and an end to chain migration.

Yes, Democrats are guilty as hell of using DACA to buy votes. They continue to screech about "we really want to help you, but those racist Republicans won't let us. But continue to vote for us and we'll eventually be able to help you!"

Even though they didn't help when they had both portions of Congress and the White House...

Both sides are guilty in the pandering to the base realm.

If this is true, I would think the Repubs would be working feverishly to get it off the table. Control or not, they have the votes to make it happen if they want.

Either they are too stupid to know this, or they see a political advantage in this as a wedge issue with their base. My guess is the latter.

It's not stupidity, it's calculated. The Dems were willing to shut down the government over DACA, that makes good campaign ads for the midterms.

As we get closer to the midterms we'll probably see a DACA bill introduced that will force the Dems hand again. It's all slimy politics.

Lol.

Just so we're clear, when the Dem majority rammed through the ACA it was because they were in full control. But when the Republican majority fails to get things done its because they're not "in control" and it's still the Dems fault.

Is that about right?

ACA was forced through with a filibuster proof majority, the way the Senate rules are you really don't have control until you have 60 votes.

Rs rammed the tax bill through at historic speed.

VN Store

Back