Sanctions announced

lawgator1

Very interesting. Will have to study them.

At any rate, Trump is going to get asked about whether he now will acknowledge Russian meddling and we will see what he says. Can he bring himself to admit it, personally?

My guess is it will be on the lawn, with helicopter noise. He'll jut his chin out and say they "tried" to interfere. "No collusion." The rest the usual mantra.

Well, at least the institution of the government is going to acknowledge it.

Thanks for the link and the summary of the sanctions.

LG is notorious for starting threads without links.

I've always assumed he wanted us to go search for the information ourselves to be better educated.

Then I sobered up.

Sorries.

I saw it on CNN. Reason I said I wanted to details is that there really weren't any at this point.

No details?

Trump administration finally announces Russia sanctions - CNNPolitics

The Trump administration announced Thursday it is enacting new sanctions on Russia, including individuals indicted last month by special counsel Robert Mueller, in a sweeping new effort to punish Moscow for its attempts to interfere in the 2016 US election.

In announcing the measures, the administration also disclosed a Russian attempt to penetrate the US energy grid, and said the new sanctions would punish actors for their participation in other major cyberattacks.

The new punishments include sanctions on the Internet Research Agency, a Russian troll farm that produced divisive political posts on American social media platforms during the 2016 presidential election. Yevgeniy Viktorovich Prigozhin, a financial backer to the Internet Research Agency with deep ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin, is also included.

In total, the administration applied new sanctions on five entities and 19 individuals on Thursday, including Russians who posed as Americans and posted content online as part of the IRA's attempts to sow discord ahead of the presidential contest. They came as the US joined European allies in blaming Russia for a nerve agent attack in Britain, deeming the action a "clear violation" of international law.

The new sanctions would bar the individuals from traveling to the United States, and freeze whatever assets they may have in the country.

Reactions: 2 people
They didnt do anything they or we haven’t been doing for 75 years. But you need to get back on track it’s “collusion” that you’re supposed to be preaching.

You're confusing me with someone else. I've actually said going back quite a while that I think actual collusion is unlikely. I do, however, think that the Russian government backed an interference campaign here and abroad. Trump has hesitated to even admit that, because he can't stand the possibility that his greatness wasn't the only factor in his victory. To be clear, I don't think the outcome would have been any different without it. Clinton was an awful candidate. We basically had the worst two major party candidates to ever run for the presidency.

You're confusing me with someone else. I've actually said going back quite a while that I think actual collusion is unlikely. I do, however, think that the Russian government backed an interference campaign here and abroad. Trump has hesitated to even admit that, because he can't stand the possibility that his greatness wasn't the only factor in his victory. To be clear, I don't think the outcome would have been any different without it. Clinton was an awful candidate. We basically had the worst two major party candidates to ever run for the presidency.

We should expect Russian as well as many other foreign parties to try and interfere. It’s our counter intelligence people’s jobs to prevent that though not a stern finger wagging and telling them to stop. And we’ve been known to dabble in a little regime change ourselves!

I didn’t honestly remember your own stance on collusion tho.

We should expect Russian as well as many other foreign parties to try and interfere. It’s our counter intelligence people’s jobs to prevent that though not a stern finger wagging and telling them to stop. And we’ve been known to dabble in a little regime change ourselves!

I didn’t honestly remember your own stance on collusion tho.

No worries. I'm not solidly with either party on all issues, so my responses aren't as predictable. ;)

I'll wait for story retractions from the right stating Russia actually did something, and story retractions from the left that Trump may in fact not be in bed with the Russians.

We'll see. The spin from both sides should be fun.

As usual, it’s never enough.

It’s late
They could be worse.
It’s just a ruse.

Trump could have these guys hanged on the Mall and the democrats would complain the rope wasn’t sourced from a free trade minority owned business.

Reactions: 1 person
As usual, it’s never enough.

It’s late
They could be worse.
It’s just a ruse.

Trump could have these guys hanged on the Mall and the democrats would complain the rope wasn’t sourced from a free trade minority owned business.

Ok, that's pretty funny.

I'll wait for story retractions from the right stating Russia actually did something, and story retractions from the left that Trump may in fact not be in bed with the Russians.

We'll see. The spin from both sides should be fun.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back