McCabe May Get Fired

He colluded with Hillary and broke the law. If they fire him, then expect charges to be brought against him at some point.

Reactions: 2 people
He colluded with Hillary and broke the law. If they fire him, then expect charges to be brought against him at some point.

Didn’t he get in trouble for speaking negatively and disclosing the investigations against her? What are you talking about?

Reactions: 5 people
Look up the one name in that story you don't already know.

Then tell me with a straight face this isn't just another right wing hatchet man operation to undermine the investigation into Trump.

Reactions: 8 people

Then tell me with a straight face this isn't just another right wing hatchet man operation to undermine the investigation into Trump.
I'm sure that's what it is. No way a Democrat could have done anything wrong.

Reactions: 4 people

26dxuz.jpg

Here we gooooo........

Can't speak to McCabe's intent, but the general consensus is that Mccabe's actions aided Trump. On top of this, he was a lifelong republican.

Can't speak to McCabe's intent, but the general consensus is that Mccabe's actions aided Trump. On top of this, he was a lifelong republican.
His wife ran as a Democrat for the Virginia State Senate, and received hundreds of thousands in donations from Dem. Gov Terry McCauliffe's PAC. And McCauliffe has always been close to the Clintons.

Reactions: 1 person

There are names in the article? Must not be from CNN.

Reactions: 7 people
His wife ran as a Democrat for the Virginia State Senate, and received hundreds of thousands in donations from Dem. Gov Terry McCauliffe's PAC. And McCauliffe has always been close to the Clintons.

I know, inconceivable that a husband and wife could differ politically. Everything I've seen though has described him as a Republican, at least in theory (you never know what box is checked once the voting booth drapes close).

I know, inconceivable that a husband and wife could differ politically. Everything I've seen though has described him as a Republican, at least in theory (you never know what box is checked once the voting booth drapes close).

It is in my household. Of course the Mrs is more conservative than I am.

Sessions between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand, he knows that if he does this that McCabe has rights, and that a lawsuit or an investigation will follow, which will expose this criticism of him for what it is. That would be bad for Sessions.

On the other hand, I promise you that Trump and his people are all over Sessions demanding that he fire McCabe so as to perpetuate the narrative that the FBI was anti-Trump from the get go.

If Sessions chooses the option not to act on it, Fox can still run stories about it. Trump can still tweet about it. And the base will eat it up. If he gets mad enough, Trump might fire him, though, so that's a negative.

If he chooses the option to fire McCabe, it opens the whole can of worms up and the partisan nature of this report will be exposed, along with Trump and Sessions.

Smart money says that in the end he does not act on it. But that it still gets used by the right to pretend that there were shenanigans.

Reactions: 6 people
Joe Scarborough is always described as a lifelong Republican because he was a Republican Congressman. He sure isn't now. Mika turned him.

Last edited:
Joe Scarborough is always described as a lifelong Republican because he was a Republican Congressman. He sure isn't now.

Still a lot of work done to connect what he did to his wife's campaign. Especially, when the effect of his action was to aid Trump.

From the little I've read though, the typical punishment for not being forthcoming in internal FBI investigations is termination.

Still a lot of work done to connect what he did to his wife's campaign. Especially, when the effect of his action was to aid Trump.

From the little I've read though, the typical punishment for not being forthcoming in internal FBI investigations is termination.

Funny this is coming out around the time of that IG report.

Reactions: 3 people
IG report suppose to be pretty damning. Some people are likely going to jail, after due process of course. Who knows, it could be underwhelming...but I just can't image the IG's team of nearly 500 attorneys and investigators not having some pretty shocking findings.
Of course they'll down play it, have sealed indictments and sweep as much as possible under the rug.

Sessions between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand, he knows that if he does this that McCabe has rights, and that a lawsuit or an investigation will follow, which will expose this criticism of him for what it is. That would be bad for Sessions.

On the other hand, I promise you that Trump and his people are all over Sessions demanding that he fire McCabe so as to perpetuate the narrative that the FBI was anti-Trump from the get go.

If Sessions chooses the option not to act on it, Fox can still run stories about it. Trump can still tweet about it. And the base will eat it up. If he gets mad enough, Trump might fire him, though, so that's a negative.

If he chooses the option to fire McCabe, it opens the whole can of worms up and the partisan nature of this report will be exposed, along with Trump and Sessions.

Smart money says that in the end he does not act on it. But that it still gets used by the right to pretend that there were shenanigans.

Interesting analysis from Seth Abramson on how this potentially puts Sessions in a pickle: Twitter

Didn’t he get in trouble for speaking negatively and disclosing the investigations against her? What are you talking about?

It was recommended to Sessions that McCabe be fired through the FBI's own disciplinary process. The IG report has not been released but it stems from it's findings.

So interestingly enough the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, whom made the recommendation to fire McCabe, is now looking at how all investigations were handled in advance of the 2016 elections including the Clinton email server probe

Source: A CNN article claiming knowledge of a source within the Office of Professional Responsibility.

Career FBI employees are recommending McCabe be fired. I don’t see how this could fall under the “influence” realm of obstruction unless you can prove those career people (Trumps only been around them a year) were being influenced?

And they wanna look at the email investigation again? Lol this could potentially be frigging awesome.

So interestingly enough the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, whom made the recommendation to fire McCabe, is now looking at how all investigations were handled in advance of the 2016 elections including the Clinton email server probe

Source: A CNN article claiming knowledge of a source within the Office of Professional Responsibility.

Career FBI employees are recommending McCabe be fired. I don’t see how this could fall under the “influence” realm of obstruction unless you can prove those career people (Trumps only been around them a year) were being influenced?

And they wanna look at the email investigation again? Lol this could potentially be frigging awesome.

It has become an arm of the Trump administration used to punish and embarrass those within the gov't that dare oppose Trump.

It is rapidly losing any credibility.

VN Store

Back