Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking has died at 76

Has to be in a better place. I couldn't imagine living like that for any length of time. RIP

Sure wish our current executive and legislative branches had even 1/10th of his knowledge and understanding.

He was a wonder of the world. He will be missed greatly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people
It's unfortunate that such a brilliant mind missed the forest for the trees. I really wish he could have come to faith in God, which would have also answered so many of his unsolved questions, before his suffering body gave out.

“I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail,” he told the Guardian. “There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”

Reactions: 6 people
It's unfortunate that such a brilliant mind missed the forest for the trees. I really wish he could have come to faith in God, which would have also answered so many of his unsolved questions, before his suffering body gave out.

“I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail,” he told the Guardian. “There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”

I would imagine that he views it as unfortunate that anyone need the crutch of religion to placate themselves as they travel through life.

Reactions: 16 people
I disagree with his religious views, but have nothing but respect and admiration for what he was able to accomplish in the field of astrophysics.

RIP

RIP to one of the greatest minds ever. Don't know how he was able to maintain his humor through such an awful disease.

Reactions: 1 person
Brilliant mind and great wit, even with a devastating disease; we need more of that in the world. Sad to see his passing.

Reactions: 1 person

I guess he knows for sure now.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back