Joy Behar of ‘The View’ apologizes for Christianity comment

Vol0725

She did it to save her job; your typical angry liberal woman with her hair on fire. She deserves forgiveness, guess it takes em' all to make the world go round.

[TWITTER]973588918905065472[/TWITTER]

I can’t stand her. She’s miserable. I can think of a very bad 4 letter word that starts with the third letter of the alphabet that I would use to describe her. I don’t ever use that word.

Reactions: 8 people
So you watch the view and outraged? What are you a whiny woman?

I don’t watch the view bit I still don’t think she gets a pass on the comment. Neither did the millions of Christians that do watch the view and complained to ABC. ( I think they said that amount I don’t honestly remember. Could be mixing statements)

Even within the context of Christianity, it doesn't make sense to say Jesus "talks" to you. He sent the Holy Ghost. That's how he communicates, and it's not with words, unless you count speaking in tongues, which is gibberish to our ears.

If Jesus "talks" to you, you aren't just a follower, you are a prophet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
It was a dumb way to put it. It is a classic sign of certain forms of mental illness to hallucinate that someone is talking to to you, whether it is Jesus, God, your invisible friend Esmerelda, King tut, or whoever. But, her comment, which was in context a joke, could be viewed as an affront to those who believe that when they pray they get feedback.

Personally, I have not had Him reply to me directly during prayer. I always just figure that I'll keep leaving Him another voicemail.

Why would you be offended by someone else's take on your Christianity? That's like when Muslims get upset by blasphemous talk about Mohammed. Oh, and what about free speech? People can think and believe different things. Why should it impact your thoughts and beliefs? I just find it interesting that free speech is advocated for so selectively.

Reactions: 2 people
Why would you be offended by someone else's take on your Christianity? That's like when Muslims get upset by blasphemous talk about Mohammed. Oh, and what about free speech? People can think and believe different things. Why should it impact your thoughts and beliefs? I just find it interesting that free speech is advocated for so selectively.

Whatever gets you through the day......no one is saying she did not have the RIGHT to say it......she should have enough class to NOT say it......

Reactions: 2 people
I think you can be critical or skeptical of people’s religious beliefs, but you need to be consistent. There is no way that if Mike Pence was Jewish or a Muslim that Joy Behar would ever be critical of his outspoken religious views.

Reactions: 7 people
I think you can be critical or skeptical of people’s religious beliefs, but you need to be consistent. There is no way that if Mike Pence was Jewish or a Muslim that Joy Behar would ever be critical of his outspoken religious views.

What if he said he speaks to Muhammed? If someone criticized him for that, would people here find that offensive?

Reactions: 3 people

Don't act so holier than thou please, it's human nature to get offended when someone slanders your beliefs. It's as if you play the other side of the coin, and infer there's something wrong (questionable) with speaking out about the blasphemous slander. Ahh, the interwoven debate with intellectuals is certainly entertaining doc.

Bottom-line, it was disrespectfully to millions of people, and there's nothing wrong with letting that be known.

What if he said he speaks to Muhammed? If someone criticized him for that, would people here find that offensive?

To be fair... The only ones who would get offended are the ones that believe that Jesus is God's son and the only true living God so to their point... They wouldn't get mad because someone said they speak to whoever else, seeing as how they believe the above statement. Seems logical to me... (The train of thought)

Whatever gets you through the day......no one is saying she did not have the RIGHT to say it......she should have enough class to NOT say it......

Our country lost all class when the president made fun of a disabled journalist

Reactions: 5 people

You can take that to the bank, guaranteed.
She's far-left liberal, that's how they roll...is what it is, but true.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back